[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mike Jordan comes back to the court for struggling Bobcats
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/18/2007  9:40 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-bobcats-jordanreturns&prov=ap&type=lgns

In an effort to get more involved with his slumping team, the Charlotte Bobcats' part-owner jumped into a drill during the team's practice. He then gave tips to some young players and showed he still has that famous shooting touch.

"This was more or less for the morale of the players," Jordan said. "The last couple of days it has been all about trying to get them to focus on the little things and to play as a team."

The workout came a day after Jordan sat in on team meetings and film sessions as the Bobcats try to end a stretch of 10 losses in 12 games under first-year coach Sam Vincent.

"I also told them yesterday that on this team we have no All-Stars -- none," Jordan said. "That means everybody has to rely upon each other to be successful. Until we develop an All-Star that can take over a game, I think it's very important for them to understand that they have to play as a unit. I think that's the message that a lot of the guys got."

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
playa2

12/18/2007  9:48 PM
Now watch how well nazr mohammed felton and gerald wallace and jason richardson all play the next bobcat game
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/18/2007  9:49 PM
I'm not really sure I understand how MJ thinks by him practicing with the team that it will raise their level of play. I mean honestly...
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/18/2007  9:51 PM
jordan is zeke-ing the bobcats...
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/18/2007  9:57 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

jordan is zeke-ing the bobcats...

Haha.

There was probably alot of I's in his practice with the team and not a whole lot of we's.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
12/19/2007  10:39 AM
Jordan is another idiot that wouldn't know how to assemble talent if it hit him in the face. Trades a lottery pick for the chance at the 8th seed, gives money to matt carrol and makes this nazy trade.......

You have elton brand, arenas, deng, iggy and a ton of other big time players coming up for free agency, the nba needs to put jordan, mcchale, and isiah on and island so they can't destroy anymore teams.
playa2

12/19/2007  12:22 PM
Jordan's approach is all business, why do you think he drafted adam morrison , and gave carrol some money to shhot the ball.

The audiences in memphis has to be catered too and jordan knows what that side of operations is all about.

Now picking talent to win from the draft is another issue.
Siar617
Member: #1742
USA
12/19/2007  12:23 PM
who cares
jesus617 walks
Bippity10
Member: #574
12/19/2007  12:37 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I'm not really sure I understand how MJ thinks by him practicing with the team that it will raise their level of play. I mean honestly...

HE doesn't. He just felt like playing and used this as an excuse.
I just hope that people will like me
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
12/19/2007  12:42 PM
Posted by playa2:

Jordan's approach is all business, why do you think he drafted adam morrison , and gave carrol some money to shhot the ball.

The audiences in memphis has to be catered too and jordan knows what that side of operations is all about.

Now picking talent to win from the draft is another issue.

Besides race as one factor for determining who to draft/sign, in the case of Charlotte, they also clearly went for local college heroes in Felton and May, and even McInnis.

This is not to say these are the ONLY factor, but I think it's fair to suggest that these are all considered.

Charlotte may be desperate for fans because when you go to their website the first page is almost always an ad for buying tickets, and are one of the few teams that do that (Atlanta, Wiz, GS, Houston, Philly, New Orleans, and Memphis being the other teams that have BLATANT ads before reaching the main page, however their ads are all for Holiday packages or merchandising where as Charlotte is for tonight's game).
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
playa2

12/19/2007  1:36 PM
Yea I meant to say charlotte not memphis, Jordan plan is all about marketing their product, even if it's not marketable.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/19/2007  1:47 PM
They are facing Knicks soon...
They better be prepared... We need them to come strong.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
majorleads
Member: #1213

12/19/2007  4:00 PM
Posted by arkrud:

They are facing Knicks soon...
They better be prepared... We need them to come strong.

ha ha I'll be there on Friday cheering the Bobcats on. Actually I was there last year too against the Knicks and cheered the Bobcats on and booed the Knicks. My cousin scored some Terrace Table tickets(private open air seats with TV's and nice cushy seats) which are on the opposite side of the Knicks bench in the corner so I should be able to get some great pictures of Eddy eating donuts on the bench.

If I can, towards the end of the game I will sit near the Knicks bench and chant Fire Isiah. Shouldn't be a problem getting close as there aren't many fans who go to the games here.

http://majorleads.blogspot.com
playa2

12/21/2007  10:04 PM
While the Knicks made it respectable late, the game was never in doubt as Charlotte won its second straight game since part-owner Michael Jordan practiced with the team.

I knew they would play better

Member: #1126
USA
12/22/2007  6:06 PM
Posted by playa2:

Now watch how well nazr mohammed felton and gerald wallace and jason richardson all play the next bobcat game

You hit it right on the money.
I'll never trust this' team again.
Mike Jordan comes back to the court for struggling Bobcats

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy