[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah has acquired FIFTY FOUR players during his four year reign of terror.
Author Thread
Cosmic
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #1115
USA
12/14/2007  4:06 PM
Fifty Four Players: Extending one who existed (Kurt), extending or re-acuiring two he had originally acquired (Baker, Brewer)

It's absolutely AMAZING what Isiah Thomas has done.

PLAYERS ACQUIRED

Moochie Norris
John Amechie
Stephon Marbury
Penny Hardaway
Cezary Trybanski
Bruno Sundov
DeMarr Johnson
Tim Thomas
Nazr Mohammed
Rodney Buford
Vin Baker
Kurt Thomas (Extended)
Trevor Ariza
Vin Baker (Re-Signed)
Jamison Brewer
Bruno Sundov (Re-Signed)
Andre Barrett
Brent Wright
Mengke Bateer
Tracy Murray
Malik Rose
Mo Taylor
Jackie Butler
Jermaine Jackson
Channing Frye
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Quentin Richardson
Jerome James
Otis George
Steven Barber
Eddy Curry
Antonio Davis
Matt Barnes
Jamison Brewer (Re-Signed)
Qyntel Woods
Jalen Rose
Steve Francis
Ime Udoka
Mardy Collins
Renaldo Balkman
Jared Jeffries
Elton Brown
Milone Clark
Nikoloz Tskitishvili
Paul Miller
Kelvin Cato
Randolph Morris
Wilson Chandler
Zach Randolph
Dan Dickau
Fred Jones
Demetris Nichols
Jared Jordan
Roderick Wilmont
Walker Russell Jr.
Allan Houston

COACHES/TRAINERS/SCOUTS/ETC - THIRTEEN

Lenny Wilkens
Dick Helm
Mark Agguire
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Dell Demps
Brendan Suhr
Roger Hinds
Larry Brown
Dave Hanners
Phil Ford
Brendan O'Connor
Kelly Tripucka
Glen Grunwald

FIFTY FOUR new PLAYERS in FOUR YEARS

THIRTEEN new COACHES/SCOUTS/ETC in FOUR YEARS

Of course, it does not include who he first inherited both coaches and players.

He has personally gone through FIFTY FOUR PLAYERS and THIRTEEN COACHES/SCOUTS! (Fifty Seven Players if you count the re-acquistions or re-signs or extending of Kurt)

And..........amazingly.......there's people that want to give this more time and let Isiah continue to make changes.

Now, another point I want to make:

Trades for Marbury ---- Marbury is the focal point of the offense.
Trades for Crawful ---- Crawful is the focal point, Marbury secondary.
Trades for FatCurry --- FatCurry is the focal point, Craw 2nd (even though he took the most shots), Marbury third.
Trades for Zach --- Zach is the focal point, Crawful second, Curry falls off a cliff, Marbury AWOL.

Good goin' Isiah. Can't stick with a player or a plan. It's yet another reason why we're the disaster we are. Isiah and the eternal optimist would use this as an excuse but it's not an excuse it's a fact of why we stink.

Now, I've made this point before and I stand by it:

When he acquired Marbury we went to the playoffs because it was Marbury doing whatever he wanted and he was supported by role players who willingly just waited to get there's but worked hard the whole game. We should have stuck with that model.

It reminded me of the Iverson-led Sixers that went to the finals. It was Iverson doing everything he wanted supported by willing role players.

.....now, for any leftover Isiah supporters or those that believe just a little more time and Curry with morph into Shaq and Crawful into Jordan and Jeffries into Pippen, etc etc etc... if this can't wake you up, if 6-15 can't wake you up, if nearly 200 losses in 4 years can't wake you up - what in the hell WILL!?

FIRE ISIAH
http://popcornmachine.net/ A must-use tool for NBA stat junkies!
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/14/2007  4:10 PM
the official "ISIAH list"
Cosmic
USA
12/14/2007  4:16 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

the official "ISIAH list"

DJ, It is so disgusting to read.

Isiahs Full Transactions Listings

[Edited by - cosmic on 12-14-2007 4:16 PM]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/14/2007  4:23 PM
2/24/05 is the day i realized isiah had no plan...
Cosmic
USA
12/14/2007  4:25 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

Know what's funny...when I saw that day go down I figured "Well, he's setting himself up to trade away Kurt Thomas".

Malik = Kurt's Defense
Taylor = Kurt's Offense

Kurt = Gone next summer.

In hindsight, such as with 90% of his moves, it's illogical as it gets.

TrueBlue
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #1172

12/14/2007  4:45 PM
There's no justification for letting Marbury have the keys to the car while the supporting cast washes it. Of course if you're comparing what if we did vs where we're at today I guess we'd probably see a 3-4gm win season total difference but that's pathetic when Marbury was the signature big splash move. He should have let Layden's team bottom out.
LMFAO @ the Bio [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephon_Marbury[/url]
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
12/14/2007  4:50 PM
Holy cow. That's disgusting. I guess that means, if you think about it, the roster has basically been nearly overturned from year to year. Scary.
Cosmic
USA
12/14/2007  4:51 PM
Posted by TrueBlue:

There's no justification for letting Marbury have the keys to the car while the supporting cast washes it. Of course if you're comparing what if we did vs where we're at today I guess we'd probably see a 3-4gm win season total difference but that's pathetic when Marbury was the signature big splash move. He should have let Layden's team bottom out.

Except that...the trade was made...and was hailed as the move to make us a top 3 team in the East (SportsCenter) and a playoff contender (just about everyone in the wake of the trade).

So, well, nothing you can do about it but had he stopped there you would have seen the 04/05 season lead to the playoffs with the same roster. Layden's roster + Marbury. Maybe the book is written different if that happened.

It's just a point though it is not a justification of Isiah's moves in the least. Just look at the point for what it is: Isiah never stuck with anything long enough for anyone to get a clue as to what their place was on the team. Every year he had a new flavor and discarded the old one who then moped around as a result.

Now he's mired us with total garbage that has no intentions of improving and no chance of ever fitting together. He must be fired and his trash must be torn down.

Cosmic
USA
12/14/2007  4:52 PM
Posted by Solace:

Holy cow. That's disgusting. I guess that means, if you think about it, the roster has basically been nearly overturned from year to year. Scary.

He basically turned Layden's roster over in 18 months - then turned that roster over again in another 18 months.

Let's hope the new guy only needs 18 months to turn his trash over....although I'd say more like 24 months given all the 2010's and 2011's on the list.

BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

12/14/2007  4:53 PM
We just need to buyout about 50M in contracts, and make 4 or 5 more bad trades to replace them, and I think we could be mediocre.
Solace
USA
12/14/2007  4:56 PM
Posted by BlueSeats:

We just need to buyout about 50M in contracts, and make 4 or 5 more bad trades to replace them, and I think we could be mediocre.

Always the optimist.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
12/14/2007  4:58 PM
12/22/03 is the day I realized the Knicks were ****ed.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
12/14/2007  5:02 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

My date was 2/15/04. The timing of that one was just dumb
I just hope that people will like me
Bippity10
12/14/2007  5:08 PM
Posted by Cosmic:
Posted by TrueBlue:

Except that...the trade was made...and was hailed as the move to make us a top 3 team in the East (SportsCenter) and a playoff contender (just about everyone in the wake of the trade).

So, well, nothing you can do about it but had he stopped there you would have seen the 04/05 season lead to the playoffs with the same roster. Layden's roster + Marbury. Maybe the book is written different if that happened.

It's just a point though it is not a justification of Isiah's moves in the least. Just look at the point for what it is: Isiah never stuck with anything long enough for anyone to get a clue as to what their place was on the team. Every year he had a new flavor and discarded the old one who then moped around as a result.

Now he's mired us with total garbage that has no intentions of improving and no chance of ever fitting together. He must be fired and his trash must be torn down.

Okay, one trade, not an organization killer. YOu had veteran leaders to keep him in check if the coaches and GM would back the veteran leaders. Instead they backed Marbs and drove the leaders out of town. We then proceeded to acquire "younger and more athletic" players thinking that younger more athletic players would be exciting. Not realizing that NYers watched the Oakley/Ewing led Knicks dunk once every 5 games and we loved it. We care about winning. Isiah never worked on building a team that would win. He worked on a team that he thought would bring excitement. Young guys with "potential" that would succeed if they ever "got it". Ridiculous plan and our last 4 years of losing reflect that. We are still waiting for guys to "get it". Meanwhile young guys around the globe are coming to the rest of the NBA having already "gotten it"
BlueSeats

12/14/2007  5:16 PM
There were so many signs Isiah's megalomania would come back to haunt us in karmic fashion.

Chaney lead out by security, Shandon Anderson's reigning Iron-man status being broken in front of his home crowd (after buying 50-100 tickets) because Isiah didn't like the way he looked at him in the hallway, Lenny only being allowed one assistant coach who Isiah fired the second day of what would have been Lenny's first full season.

Some people have wondered why Isiah's gotten so much vitriol directed at him. It's karma baby, nothing but karma...
Bippity10
12/14/2007  5:22 PM
Posted by BlueSeats:

Chaney lead out by security, Shandon Anderson's reigning Iron-man status being broken in front of his home crowd (after buying 50-100 tickets) because Isiah didn't like the way he looked at him in the hallway, Lenny only being allowed one assistant coach who Isiah fired the second day of what would have been Lenny's first full season.

These events are horrendous

BlueSeats

12/14/2007  5:32 PM
Posted by Bippity10:
Posted by BlueSeats:

These events are horrendous

They really are. This is why isiah got no benefit of the doubt in his dealings with LB and Anucha too. And I don't think he's without blame in Marv being fired either.

Isiah's scumbagged too many people at too many places to receive any benefits of doubt.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
12/14/2007  5:58 PM
He might have made 54 moves but he still has more to go. The whole roster needs to be rebuilt and I think it can be done but on this team, the individual parts are greater than the whole. We can ship off Curry, Crawford, and and few others and get back some solid prospects and draft picks. Together these players suck but if you broke them a part and placed them on teams that compliment their talents, they would be far more useful than they are in NY. The only way IT can succeed is if he is willing to rid himself of his past failures.
Trust the Process
Solace
USA
12/14/2007  6:08 PM
Posted by Bippity10:
Posted by djsunyc:

My date was 2/15/04. The timing of that one was just dumb

Ditto for me.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/14/2007  6:17 PM
David Lee is actually the only one of those fifty four players who I'd look at and say, "I'd really like to have this guy on my team." That's less than 2%!
Isiah has acquired FIFTY FOUR players during his four year reign of terror.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy