USA
6/11/2003  10:56 AM
Posted by Vmart:

With the 9th pick the NYK select: Pavel Podkolzin
With the 30th pick the NYK select: Malick Badaine
With the 38th pick the NYK selects: Travis Outlaw
With the 44th pick the NYK selects: Slavko Vranes

That would make the Knicks freaky.

Is the 44th pick the Houston 2nd rounder? Has this been confirmed that it is this year?

And yes, that would make the Knicks freaky.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/11/2003  11:01 AM
Replace Pavel with Lampe.
Replace Vranes with Uche Nsonwu-Amadi.

Trade KT, Spree and Ward to the Bucks for Cassell, Tim Thomas and Gadzuric.

Lineup

C-Badiane
PF-Lampe
SF-Tim Thomas
SG-Houston
PG-Cassell

Bench - Spoon, Harrington, Eisley, Outlaw, Uche, Anderson, Doleac, Knight

WOW.
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
6/11/2003  11:21 AM
Is the 44th pick the Houston 2nd rounder? Has this been confirmed that it is this year?

Thats a really good question!!! Do we have this pick?!?!?

rain
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #353
USA
6/11/2003  2:30 PM
Vmart... Badaine won't be there at 30.. (thats what it sounds like anyway)... 6'11 and best athlete label sounds like a mid-teens pick, unfortunately. And Podkolzine pick makes the Vranes pick unecessary. I'd rather trade the #30 and #44 for New Jersey's pick at #22 and take Badaine, Delfino, or Schortsanitis. Then use the #38 on Luke Walton or Moe Williams. We would completely remake our front line with Podkolzine, Badaine, Walton (more of a tweener) but would be able to step right as a point forward and disguised in a zone on D. If we don't trade up from the second ...Josh Howard would be an excellent value at #30.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/11/2003  2:54 PM
Posted by rain:

Vmart... Badaine won't be there at 30.. (thats what it sounds like anyway)... 6'11 and best athlete label sounds like a mid-teens pick, unfortunately. And Podkolzine pick makes the Vranes pick unecessary. I'd rather trade the #30 and #44 for New Jersey's pick at #22 and take Badaine, Delfino, or Schortsanitis. Then use the #38 on Luke Walton or Moe Williams. We would completely remake our front line with Podkolzine, Badaine, Walton (more of a tweener) but would be able to step right as a point forward and disguised in a zone on D. If we don't trade up from the second ...Josh Howard would be an excellent value at #30.

I was looking for some twin tower action with Pavel and Vranes. That would make for some serious zone defense. 7'5'' and 7'6'' have outlaw at sf whose gonna bring the ball in on those opposing players. Even with Badaine in there that makes for troble fo opponents. I know it won't happen the way I want it thats why its the perfect draft senario for me. How many block shots will they get in the game how many players are gonna look at them and say I'm not going in there. Intimidation factor would be high for opponents.
NYKBocker
USA
6/11/2003  3:02 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by rain:

I was looking for some twin tower action with Pavel and Vranes. That would make for some serious zone defense. 7'5'' and 7'6'' have outlaw at sf whose gonna bring the ball in on those opposing players. Even with Badaine in there that makes for troble fo opponents. I know it won't happen the way I want it thats why its the perfect draft senario for me. How many block shots will they get in the game how many players are gonna look at them and say I'm not going in there. Intimidation factor would be high for opponents.

With Pavel and Vranes they would run us to death.
Vmart
USA
6/11/2003  4:17 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by rain:

With Pavel and Vranes they would run us to death.

Thats where the other three players come in they have to get back to stop the run. There aren't that many team that run in the NBA. thre are maybe 4 teams that run. Nets, Kings, Mavs thats pretty much it.
Pike
Member: #403
6/12/2003  10:09 AM
Hey ARES, I read in the Post today the Knicks are bringing in "your boy" Marcus Hatten for a workout...
Vmart
USA
6/12/2003  10:12 AM
Posted by Pike:

Hey ARES, I read in the Post today the Knicks are bringing in "your boy" Marcus Hatten for a workout...

Pstell is probably telling him don't bother. They will rot you on the bench.
NYKBocker
USA
6/12/2003  1:03 PM
It looks like Anderson Varejao is dropping out of the 1st round. If Malick Badiane is not there in the 30th pick, Layden should pick this guys instead. He is a long "Energizer Bunny Type" player that plays D and rebounds.
Vmart
USA
6/12/2003  1:26 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

It looks like Anderson Varejao is dropping out of the 1st round. If Malick Badiane is not there in the 30th pick, Layden should pick this guys instead. He is a long "Energizer Bunny Type" player that plays D and rebounds.

Some draft projections aren't even mentioning him. Thsi guy just fell like a rock out of the first round. NOw he isn't even mentioned in the second round same with Vranes.
Explosive23
Member: #184
United Kingdom
6/12/2003  1:33 PM
There was an article that said he's leaning towards pulling his name out of the draft: http://www.hoopshype.com/interviews/varejao2_sierra.htm

[Edited by - explosive23 on 06/12/2003 13:36:09]
The perfect draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy