[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Two in a row, let the haters hate, Knicks at Celts, see you at 8 !!!
Author Thread
NYKresurrection
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1230

11/27/2007  12:20 AM
Here we go !!!
GOD arose JESUS from the grave !!! Isiah arose the Knicks from their grave !!!
AUTOADVERT
K22
Member: #1182
USA
11/27/2007  1:01 AM
This game will be on TNT. So we have the benefit of pre-game, halftime and postgame thoughts from the current best in the biz (Ernie, Kenny and Chuck).
-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
GKFv2
Alba Posts: 114
Member: #1259
USA
11/27/2007  1:25 AM
Haters? Once we lose, people will be slapped back to reality.
"If I see these refs in front of me I will F* kill them. F** them! If I see their daughters in front of me, I am going to F** them, F** them in the mouth, from the front and the back. I will F** their mothers too." - Darko Milicic
Siar617
Member: #1742
USA
11/27/2007  2:44 AM
hope curry can get more than 3 rebounds
jesus617 walks
simrud
Member: #474
USA
11/27/2007  8:05 AM
We will loose, but so will 99% of the league in this game. Boston is really really good right now. If you want to see progress, see if they play well. It will save you some trouble.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/27/2007  8:07 AM
Only losers guarantee a loss

Knicks go into Boston and shock the world
once a knick always a knick
simrud
Member: #474
USA
11/27/2007  8:08 AM
Sometimes I wonder if you ever read a post past the first 2 words.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
misterearl
USA
11/27/2007  8:15 AM
nope. I was too busy getting loose

save yourself the trouble of questioning my fanhood. I ain't goin' nowhere.
Cosmic
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #1115
USA
11/27/2007  8:39 AM
Posted by misterearl:

Only losers guarantee a loss

Knicks go into Boston and shock the world

So Isiah is a loser then? By your definition absolutely. How many times has he said "Can't expect to win a back to back." ? or "They're a really good team so don't expect much." ?

Let me ask you: Do you really sit down to every game expecting to win by a blowout? You expect to go 82-0? Go 16-0 to sweep the entire playoffs?

I couldn't imagine doing that to myself. How on earth have you handled the roughly 6+ year running .350 win percentage?

http://popcornmachine.net/ A must-use tool for NBA stat junkies!
misterearl
USA
11/27/2007  9:01 AM
cosmic - I have no idea whose direct quotes you are pulling from but allow me to 'splain myself:

As much as 82-0 would indeed be spectacular, lets not get ridiculous. It's not about expectations or predictions. I sit down and watch, hoping for my beloved Knicks to win the game that night. I don't go in expecting to lose.

Take last night for example. You could not get one person to give the frazzled Knicks a shot against one of the best teams in the NBA. Not one. Does that make them experts or smarter than the next person? Nope. Dumber? Not at all. It simply translates to one stone cold fact that none of us can predict the future.

This season is playing itself out with the plot twists and counter-espionage of any Knicks season which is fueled by the corporate shenanigans, power struggles, and player chess moves that date back to the days of Eddie Donovan and Gulf+Western.

You need to ask how on earth I could handle Howard "Butch" Komives, Luther "Ticky" Burden, Marvin "The Eraser" Webster and Ken "The Animal" Bannister.

The sun will shine again on these troubled, self-inflicted gunshot-wounded, tormented, villified and despised Knicks. Like a good friend said, "every time Renaldo Balkman hits a three, an angel gets its its wings"

... and Zach Randolph DOES play with the same lefthanded style, tenacity and mid-range jumper of Willis Reed,, and he's brand new to the New York mind games... as well as his teammates, so yeah, I'll watch so long as I have cable, a Barq's Root Beer and a fresh batch of Jiffy Pop.

I'll even dare to cheer when they win. Because you gotta win one to win two.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/27/2007  9:05 AM
Posted by misterearl:

Take last night for example. You could not get one person to give the frazzled Knicks a shot against one of the best teams in the NBA. Not one.

15% of the people who played gamepicker predicted a win.
misterearl
USA
11/27/2007  9:14 AM
gamepicker... gameschnicker...

everyone was sharpening their hattori hanzo swords and you know it

fifteen percent my butt!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/27/2007  9:16 AM
Posted by misterearl:

gamepicker... gameschnicker...

everyone was sharpening their hattori hanzo swords and you know it

fifteen percent my butt!

sorry inconvenient little things like "facts" and "numbers" interrupted your hyperbole.

carry on.
Cosmic
USA
11/27/2007  10:11 AM
Posted by misterearl:

cosmic - I have no idea whose direct quotes you are pulling from but allow me to 'splain myself:

As much as 82-0 would indeed be spectacular, lets not get ridiculous. It's not about expectations or predictions. I sit down and watch, hoping for my beloved Knicks to win the game that night. I don't go in expecting to lose.

Take last night for example. You could not get one person to give the frazzled Knicks a shot against one of the best teams in the NBA. Not one. Does that make them experts or smarter than the next person? Nope. Dumber? Not at all. It simply translates to one stone cold fact that none of us can predict the future.

This season is playing itself out with the plot twists and counter-espionage of any Knicks season which is fueled by the corporate shenanigans, power struggles, and player chess moves that date back to the days of Eddie Donovan and Gulf+Western.

You need to ask how on earth I could handle Howard "Butch" Komives, Luther "Ticky" Burden, Marvin "The Eraser" Webster and Ken "The Animal" Bannister.

The sun will shine again on these troubled, self-inflicted gunshot-wounded, tormented, villified and despised Knicks. Like a good friend said, "every time Renaldo Balkman hits a three, an angel gets its its wings"

... and Zach Randolph DOES play with the same lefthanded style, tenacity and mid-range jumper of Willis Reed,, and he's brand new to the New York mind games... as well as his teammates, so yeah, I'll watch so long as I have cable, a Barq's Root Beer and a fresh batch of Jiffy Pop.

I'll even dare to cheer when they win. Because you gotta win one to win two.

The quotes are paraphrased but the theme is the same. Those two quotes are Isiah Thomas discussing with the media upcomming games. They're from last season but he used them both several times each suggesting don't expect a win (and here is why). He did it a lot. So, given that, the coach you support does something that would cause you to brand him a loser. Just sayin'........

As to last night I gave them maybe a 5% chance to win thinking the Jazz might be drained and if we played a good game we could catch them off guard. In the end both teams played a pretty good game and we came out on top. Unexpected, yes. There's a reason for that: We've been a horrible team for Isiah's entire tenure and for two+ years prior to his arrival. So, yes, the open optimism of expecting a victory has long since died.

I don't go into games expecting them to lose but I don't go into games expecting them to win, either.

As to suggesting they're just in a rocky patch and it will resolve itself and they will become a winning team all I can say is every single season Isiah has been here there's been these rocky patches and they never resolve themselves and they never become a TRUE winning team. So why expect it this year?

Knicks need to prove it. Being 4-9, having barely beaten a horrendous mess of a Bulls squad, and playing only their second truly good game of the year out of 13 games last night - is NOT enough evidence to suggest all the turmoil is behind us and we're about to see .500+ play emerge as a result.

The cliche of what does not destroy you makes you stronger DOES NOT APPLY to this squad of players. They've done this before and they'll do worse all over again.

They want respect from fans? Start winning more games than you're losing, try putting forth effort EVERY PLAY and EVERY GAME, try playing both sides of the ball, STOP making excuses for bad play, and generally, please STFU and just go out there and play PROFESSIONAL basketball and DO IT for a LONG PERIOD OF TIME.

Only then will they win the "haters" back over. Until then a win is nice but it is NOT a statement. They want to make a statement? Find a way to be 25-25 after 50 games, erasing this 4-9 mess, and by then be winning 2 out of 3 games.

Until then....they'll get the proverbial "golf clap" when they win and they'll get boos and jeers when they revert to form and get embarrassed off the court.
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
11/27/2007  10:17 AM
This would be a statement win!
Cosmic
USA
11/27/2007  11:09 AM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

This would be a statement win!

For a team that has played so poorly for so long - and features several players who have been a part of that long bout of losing - I have to disagree.

At this point any true statement by this team would be several WEEKS of consistent play where they beat "good" teams. We won 6 in a row under Larry and everyone thought we were on our way to greatness. We weren't. Everyone thought even this early season that Crawford having 3 acceptable games to open the season and the knicks being 2-1 was a huge signal that greatness was upon us. It wasn't.

We as a whole (the fanbase that is) time and again allows a very small sample of time to get to their head and believe it indicates a brand new long term pattern.

A statement to me, as I said, would be to get to 25-25 after 50 games, and then to further that, go 7-3 over the next 10 to be a 32-28 team after 60 games. That would be a statement that the team is achieving.

Beating a red hot Boston team in their house of COURSE would be nice to witness but it does not indicate anything unless they continue to win on top of it. If you can look back from 30 games in the future and say "Hey, that week was the turning point" then great.

Yet, from the present you cannot look at this week and say "Hey, this IS the turning point, and in 30 games we're going to be ROLLING!"

Why? They've always done this. A few spot wins, a short streak, by either a single player or the team as a whole has NEVER LED to long term success! They always seem to come down to earth.

So until that age old pattern involving the same culprits changes - no, no single game or even a small string of good games changes the BIG PICTURE.

Bippity10
Member: #574
11/27/2007  11:39 AM
The Knicks are killing me on the game picker. They lose, lose and lose while I pick them to win. As soon as I jump ship and pick against them they go on a 2 game winning streak. This is an outrage
I just hope that people will like me
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/27/2007  11:55 AM
At least you didn't have a 4 game streak snapped. I will now punish the Knicks by having them lose by more than 15 for this.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/27/2007  12:24 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

The Knicks are killing me on the game picker. They lose, lose and lose while I pick them to win. As soon as I jump ship and pick against them they go on a 2 game winning streak. This is an outrage

You have to try to base your choices on whether you think they'll win or not, not blind hatred.

[Edited by - basketballjones on 11-27-2007 12:25]
https:// It's not so hard.
misterearl
USA
11/27/2007  3:16 PM
cosmic - there is no such thing as a paraphrased quote

either quote a person directly and exactly or leave it alone
Game Thread: Two in a row, let the haters hate, Knicks at Celts, see you at 8 !!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy