[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How good is Byron SCOTT as jersey's coach in finals?
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

6/8/2003  9:39 PM
This guy destroyed Nets momentum in the 1st half by substituting too fast for too long with the wrong combinations out there. He keeps Spurs in the game and makes it hard to watch. I'm in unbelief!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
playa2

6/9/2003  7:24 AM
Why is Scott sticking with Collins so much, when even Aaron Williams is a better high low passer than him. Collins is still in awe of playing against spurs, I cringe every time he touches the ball. Mutumbo and Williams should be playing "THIS IS THE FINALS" no boys allowed !
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
playa2

6/9/2003  7:42 AM
Popovich is making the right substitutions at the right time depending on the situation, Scott on the other hand is counteering instead of setting the tone and is playing catch up the whole game. Kidd can't check a box with a pen now, Parker has him thinking too much. Why not put the quick footed kittles on Parker? Give Kidd some rest from chasing him all game. Scott should start Mutumbo, Martin Kidd, Jefferson and Kittles= defense , fast break points created Nobody on the spurs fears Collins!
ARES
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #406
6/9/2003  10:01 AM
why you talking to yourself, mutumbo is a non factor, he has two points, no re's no blocks, and let parker hit a crucial shot in front of him.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
playa2

6/9/2003  10:07 AM
Ares just read weekend news, Mutumbo makes a difference is all over it. Take off the hate glasses and see. Spurs have two 7fters Mutumbo and martin is a great combo; do the math.
Pike
Member: #403
6/9/2003  11:53 AM
Mutombo, Williams and Rogers all sucked... and I don't see how anyone can be surprised... hard to go from out of the rotation to savior during crunch time in fourth quarter of NBA Final. I told y'all, it would be almost impossible (with the single team on Duncan) for KMART to stay out of foul trouble and when the Nets lost, he hasn't.
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
6/9/2003  12:04 PM
i agree pike. you get a shrimp caveman like martin defending a gentle giant like duncan...and it can get ugly.

i seriously have to give it up to martin tho because for him to be so short and little he is playing duncan...

i'm stunned that ason kidd is not getting parker in foul trouble. kidd couldn't play last night because he was worried about bruce willis on the sidelines trying to hit joumanna. bruce is an actor she is an actor...they might make a good couple.

all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
Pike
Member: #403
6/9/2003  12:36 PM
Posted by prodson:

kidd couldn't play last night because he was worried about bruce willis on the sidelines trying to hit joumanna.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing during the game. lol
ARES
6/9/2003  1:02 PM
bryon needs to have kittles guard parker for huge portions of the game, kidd is faster than parker and maybe kittles but he is bigger in weigt than both. these guy got more side to side quickness. kittes may match up better with parker. But even if he dont kidd is expending a lot of energy, he plays the whole game runs the team leading rebounder and he has to guard parker
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
playa2

6/9/2003  6:10 PM
Funny how nobody posted after game two in SanAntonio with NO analysis, now we have analysis only when spurs win. Shaking my head reading the paper.
playa2

6/10/2003  6:31 AM
ARES ,I NOTICE YOU REPEATED WHAT I SAID ABOUT PARKER AND KITTLES.
ARES
6/10/2003  11:26 AM
playa even we can agree on some things i didn't read your post, but i agree.
playa2

6/16/2003  6:50 AM
Byron Scott should be slapped, he put "fat" Rodney Rogers out their with Mutumbo that was the slowest front court you could ask for. When Rogers left Rose open underneath for a uncontested layup by trying to help Deke on the wing that play alone gave Spurs all the hope they could get early in 2nd half. His substitutions have been "HORRIBLE" all series long, it's almost as if he didn't know his "OWN" teams strengths and weaknesses. Ban him to CBA.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
6/16/2003  9:20 AM
Scott did not have to let his team go out like that.....Deke gets something like 10 minutes! Can you blame Kidd wanting to be traded ?

Now that the Final is History and the asterisk has the latest revision level, upgraded to full season, Does Scott keep his job?

Is Rick Carlisle waiting period over?
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
6/16/2003  10:17 AM
yeah he should be shot.

tim duncan is no match for dikembe "crooked legged" mutombo. i know tim duncan is happy he didn't let crooked legs play the entire game

all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
necrom33
Member: #234
USA
6/16/2003  10:46 AM
Posted by prodson:

yeah he should be shot.

tim duncan is no match for dikembe "crooked legged" mutombo. i know tim duncan is happy he didn't let crooked legs play the entire game

LOL!

Harsh, man.... harsh...
playa2

7/10/2003  3:30 PM
NOW I JUST HEARD ON ESPN THAT KIDD SAID BYRON SCOTT WAS TERRIBLE AS A COACH AGAINST THE SPURS ESPECIALLY IN GM SIX. Kidd said his lil son TJ could have coached a better game than scott.Now I was calling that game out just like Kidd , scott substituitions helped the spurs win game six. NUFF SAID. And all those who claim I didn't know what i was talking about, tell that to JASON Kidds face .
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/11/2003  8:59 AM
Hey in defense of Scott, you were singing his praises as a players coach last season while doing your usual playa hatin' for JVG. Shall I remind you how you kept saying how much better he was because he was a former player and "related" to his players better? Actually both your player coaches have had their reps tarnishd this off-season. Carlisle and Scott.

Maybe it is a good idea for a coach to make friends with the best players on his team afterall? It seems to make sense doesn't it?

I think Scott is a good motivator but he has not shown in game and pre game ability yet.....he will get better, he better get better!

ARES
7/11/2003  9:05 AM
the reports on espn is the story is a fabrication

only the post reports this story and if you believe the post well...

again playa gets it wrong again.
playa2

7/11/2003  12:11 PM
Both of you are silly, first of all scott "was" doing the right thing up until the series with the spurs so gony save it and ice you weren't watching espn news when i was so what are "you" talking about they said it clear as day.
How good is Byron SCOTT as jersey's coach in finals?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy