[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

new york mets thread- off-season thread
Author Thread
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/8/2008  11:10 AM
Prior to tonight’s game, Mets GM Omar Minaya confirmed that he had been approached by Indians GM Mark Shapiro regarding RHP C.C. Sabathia before trading the pitcher to the Brewers.

According to Minaya, Shapiro felt the Mets had the necessary players to make such a deal, but he declined.
--------

I don't know if i'm sold on Fmart(since he would have definately been in the deal). I probably would have made the deal despite Sabathia possibly being a rental.
AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
7/8/2008  1:01 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

omar = isiah thomas

anybody else notice the similarities?

You know just as much about baseball as you do about basketball.

When you get a chance..look up Pagans and Churchs stats before they went down with injuries.

Look at what Tatis and Easley are currently doing in the roles they have been put in.

During Johan Santanas current "losing" streak (0-4 and the Mets lost his last 6 starts), he has posted a 2.48 ERA and the Mets offense only scored a total of 11 runs over 40 innings.

The Mets are on a big time slump, but its not because of Omar...We have a good team.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/18/2008  10:13 AM
mets playing like they should. i picked them to come out of the NL prior to the season and they're finally playing like it. but i have not seen a fanbase as knee-jerk as the mets fanbase. they were going absolutely nuts with "blow up the team" nonsense 6 weeks ago when all that was required was a little patience. but i'm also seeing a bunch of knee-jerk fans on my side (yankee) as well. i guess it's just a big city thing.
BRIGGS
Member: #303
8/2/2008  7:52 PM
Every two weeks this year I have begged to see the last of aaron heilman. the guy has absolutely been brutal and has killed us. the mets just have to either completely stop using him in any type of role other than very long relief/emergency relief or they are better off releasing him. also they have to stop this habit of leabing 10++++ men on base--especially not bringing guys home with less than 2 outs. we re not to clutch and we dont have a reliable bullpen. we need an outfielder and a relief pitcher.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
8/5/2008  10:30 PM
Heilman again--he almost cost us--the guy has been responsible for atleast 10 losses.
RIP Crushalot😞
Cookdcokehop
Member: #880
USA
8/5/2008  11:09 PM
Man we need to really address the bullpen this offseason because this is starting to get ridicolous. K Rod anyone???
djsunyc
8/5/2008  11:39 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Man we need to really address the bullpen this offseason because this is starting to get ridicolous. K Rod anyone???

he wants $75 for 5. that guy is an injury waiting to happen.
BRIGGS
8/9/2008  6:03 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

he wants $75 for 5. that guy is an injury waiting to happen.

We wont pay for that. We need to resign Perez and Maine I like the starting 4 and if Pedro will come back at acceptable rate he's a perfect 5th guy. Bullpen wise we will need an upgrade but Im confident we can play around on the cheap and improve.
RIP Crushalot😞
Cookdcokehop
USA
8/13/2008  8:21 PM
What do you guys think of Daniel Murphy? I think he should be a starter next yr
BRIGGS
8/14/2008  2:06 AM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

He's just a good player. He's been good at both stops in the minors--he has great size and can transition imho next year to second base. Sometimes teams get a little lucky with very late picks and Murphy looks like a real player. The Mets are a real good team--despite injuries to key spots and a bullpen that really has causedthe Mets not to be 5-7 games better--were still in first place after tonight. Hopefully wagner will come back strong and we can piece it together back there. We just have really solid starting pitching 1-5 good hitting through the line up good defense--its the bullpen that has killed us. The mets really havent been a good clutch team or a team that makes up deficits but its a solid solid team. Tatis is the guy who kind of saved this team--he gets no play but without Tatis we wouldnt be in first place.
RIP Crushalot😞
Cookdcokehop
USA
9/3/2008  5:50 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

He's just a good player. He's been good at both stops in the minors--he has great size and can transition imho next year to second base. Sometimes teams get a little lucky with very late picks and Murphy looks like a real player. The Mets are a real good team--despite injuries to key spots and a bullpen that really has causedthe Mets not to be 5-7 games better--were still in first place after tonight. Hopefully wagner will come back strong and we can piece it together back there. We just have really solid starting pitching 1-5 good hitting through the line up good defense--its the bullpen that has killed us. The mets really havent been a good clutch team or a team that makes up deficits but its a solid solid team. Tatis is the guy who kind of saved this team--he gets no play but without Tatis we wouldnt be in first place.

I agree
BRIGGS
9/20/2008  1:56 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

I agree

Murphy is a serious player. I like Evans to. They are serious gamers. To have these two guys along with Pelfrey's breakout adds to a great foundation. I don't want to spend the money on a top notch reliever like K rod. I would rather sign Perez and look for a secondary starting pitcher behind Santana and let Martinez move on.
That way we could have

RIP Crushalot😞
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
9/24/2008  8:25 AM
well, looks like minaya will make the decisions for the mets for another 4 years. very puzzled about this move since the mets are not playing the best ball right now and might not make the playoffs. still, his credentials speak for themselves, i guess, with a winning record since he took office and he delivered santana. he will have a busy off season though trying to bolster the bullpen which needs a LOT of help and getting another pitcher and a possible corner outfielder and future 1st basemen.
Cookdcokehop
USA
9/28/2008  9:48 PM
Another awful collapse. This is unbelievable.
djsunyc
10/2/2008  10:10 AM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Another awful collapse. This is unbelievable.

package up the young players and go for broke. mets are *this* close to getting back to the series but they need one big bat to take all the pressure off and a bullpen.

open the checkbooks for manny + krod. trade murphy, evans, delgado (after picking up his option) etc for some bullpen help and another starter.

mets have to spend to get to the next level.
Member: #1126
USA
10/2/2008  8:41 PM
I went to the second to the last Yankee game (damn, should've went Sunday!). Had a great time. Went to the first game against the chicago scrubs, and I suppose in Met fashion, at my final game there, they lost, giving up a grand slam by the opposing pitcher. I had a great time their though, taking in as much as I could before the end.

Being a lifetime Yankee fan, I really liked what Shea Stadium brought to baseball and the City of New York. I'm talking about the good times and I just want to say to all the Met fans is 'in looking at the old stadium and the new one behind center field, I realized that there will be no black cat this time, there will be no more losing this time and there will be some really good memories to take over there from now on. A brand new start I thought to myself.

I sat with some really great fans that evening and had a blast talking about what was and what is to come. Even in the middle of a beating at that game, I thought to myself that these fans are some great fans. A lot of belief and enthusiasm, even as the end of the season was coming to an end and the playoff hopes falling fast, I recognized the hunger that was still there and it is that hunger that you must carry over to the new house and teach the new generations what it meant to be a Met fan at the old ball park. I had a great time and took my last looks.

I enjoyed myself so much that I purchased my first and only Met's classic field cap and wore it proudly. Keep the faith fellow New Yorkers and good times will continue to come in the Bronx and good times will start to come your way also. I know it will. Your two more key players away from getting back to the top. Best of luck next season.
I'll never trust this' team again.
USA
10/5/2008  1:22 AM
Revenge is sweet! Scrubs lose, get swept and set the 100 year mark. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!
Knicksfansince94
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2261

10/17/2008  3:22 AM
omar mad-high-a sucks.
my first signiature
USA
12/1/2008  7:53 PM
Shea Stadium scoreboard is gone!

islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
12/9/2008  10:36 AM
Sounds like the Mets have locked up K-Rod on a 3 year deal. Obviously they needed him and it's a good job by Minaya for getting him on a shorter deal but that guy has turned into a tightrope walker. He's a big improvement over what they had when Wagner wasn't there but he'll make you sweat. He doesn't throw as hard anymore and relies on his changeup and slider a little too much.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
new york mets thread- off-season thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy