[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

new york mets thread- off-season thread
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Posts: 32945
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

2/17/2011  4:56 PM

http://metsmadoff.blogspot.com/

AUTOADVERT
93BUICK
Posts: 22086
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 10/6/2006
Member: #1175
USA
4/2/2011  2:30 PM
Does anyone have a livegame thread or free radio link to met games?
♫ ▼ ♫
jrodmc
Posts: 30613
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
8/1/2011  11:50 AM
The Mets suck. Just sayin.
You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
jaydh
Posts: 22691
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/16/2001
Member: #96
4/19/2013  8:03 PM
Matt Harvey is AMAZING. Lot of fun to watch him pitch.
jrodmc
Posts: 30613
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
5/2/2013  11:12 AM
Wow. Almost two years before posts.

That should speak volumes about the franchise!

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
IronWillGiroud
Posts: 25207
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/17/2012
Member: #4359

5/4/2014  6:13 PM
does the mets franchise even exist anymore?
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Markji
Posts: 22719
Alba Posts: -4
Joined: 9/14/2007
Member: #1673
USA
6/9/2014  8:14 AM
Hey,I hope the Mets still exist. I will be visiting friends/relatives on LI and going to a Mets game later this month. But the Mets don't seem to exist on this board.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
BRIGGS
Posts: 49450
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
8/26/2014  9:50 AM
Baseball was my favorite sport when I was a kid--but I think that changed after the Mets won it all in 1986. As you become older--it's difficult to catch all of those games and the game itself and the Mets organization since they got into $ problems have been just not fun. I watch periods of games--I know all of the guys- they have the semblance of a nice young rotation but it's just a terribly run franchise. Im not a fan of the coach--the GM had his hay day and the owners are not good baseball people. The Mets more than anything need an exciting young player who people want to see. It's not David Wright and unfortunately wont be Matt Harvey. We'll see I guess. These big contracts in baseball that go 7-10 years are the worst sports investment. The Mets kept Wright to a reasonable one(and of course he has been mediocre after signing)
BRIGGS
Posts: 49450
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
10/30/2014  7:16 PM
Mets only team to have a positive differential and not be atleast 4 game s over .500

In the east every team that was green BUT the mets was in the playoffs.

For example St Louis ws only a +16 yet won 90 games vs the Mets + 11 and their 79. 1-2 different players couldve made the Mets a legit playoff team.

StarksEwing1
Posts: 29900
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

11/3/2014  8:29 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Mets only team to have a positive differential and not be atleast 4 game s over .500

In the east every team that was green BUT the mets was in the playoffs.

For example St Louis ws only a +16 yet won 90 games vs the Mets + 11 and their 79. 1-2 different players couldve made the Mets a legit playoff team.

Mets will be in the playoffs next year or at least be in the hunt. They have way too much geat young pitching not to be. Also David Wright and Harvey(2 best players) were hurt practically the whole season
BRIGGS
Posts: 49450
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
4/23/2015  11:34 AM
No word about the Mets?

They have one helluva baseball team. Theyve been up and coming. The pitching the defense the chemistry its all really really good. This will be a team that wins 93-96 games or so and advances well into the playoffs.

BRIGGS
Posts: 49450
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
5/26/2015  11:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/26/2015  11:25 PM
DegRoom again gets jobbed. My God the Mets win just at the point to save Collins job again.
BRIGGS
Posts: 49450
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
6/2/2015  11:33 AM
The Mets pitching staff is so good its scary. deGroom Harvey Syndergaard. I dont know what happened to Niese--hes fallen apart in the last 3 games but Im sure he will be fine. Colon has been lucky but also for the most part stable and an innings horse and Gee is a great 5th man(in this case 6th) and this discounts that Zach Wheeler is not here.

If we can get Wright back seemingly healthy and add some more hitting we will be SCARY in the playoffs. You can send Colon Gee and Niese to the bullpen and go with a 3 man rotation of Harvey Syndergaard and De Groom and that will be unmatched in baseball. We need 1 MORE big hitter. Id love to see if we can go after Reddick and Vogt from Oakland. The Mets still have 4 young pitchers in the minors with good rankings--we could help restock the A's frontline pitching.

WaltLongmire
Posts: 27105
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

6/2/2015  11:39 AM
BRIGGS wrote:The Mets pitching staff is so good its scary. deGroom Harvey Syndergaard. I dont know what happened to Niese--hes fallen apart in the last 3 games but Im sure he will be fine. Colon has been lucky but also for the most part stable and an innings horse and Gee is a great 5th man(in this case 6th) and this discounts that Zach Wheeler is not here.

If we can get Wright back seemingly healthy and add some more hitting we will be SCARY in the playoffs. You can send Colon Gee and Niese to the bullpen and go with a 3 man rotation of Harvey Syndergaard and De Groom and that will be unmatched in baseball. We need 1 MORE big hitter. Id love to see if we can go after Reddick and Vogt from Oakland. The Mets still have 4 young pitchers in the minors with good rankings--we could help restock the A's frontline pitching.


If Wheeler comes back OK, and Matz is for real, it should end up as the best staff in baseball, barring injury.

You are right...and we all know it- they have to get some hitting.

Not sure Wright can be counted on- back issues are a death sentence for a hitter.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
Posts: 49450
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
7/1/2015  12:24 AM
Its a disgrace what we have going. Incredible pitching and the worst hitting imaginable. Unfair all the way around. The owners wont spend much and when they do its been a bust every time.
BRIGGS
Posts: 49450
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
7/27/2015  1:36 PM
The one things with 162 games season if youre close you can go on a roll even later in the year--youre still in it. We have an infusion of bats and hopefully we add 1 more.
BRIGGS
Posts: 49450
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
8/4/2015  2:09 AM
Mets now have the ingredients
BRIGGS
Posts: 49450
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
8/20/2015  12:29 AM
Collins is still terrible at understanding when to take out your SP. Syndergard was done after 5 and leaving him in cost the game.
BRIGGS
Posts: 49450
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
8/28/2015  11:11 AM
What would the Mets record be if the team they have now started the season? 35-40 games +? They havent been pitching well and still winning. Hopefully we can buckle down we get Harvey back tonight and can go back to giving up 2 + runs a game.
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27105
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

8/28/2015  1:07 PM
BRIGGS wrote:What would the Mets record be if the team they have now started the season? 35-40 games +? They havent been pitching well and still winning. Hopefully we can buckle down we get Harvey back tonight and can go back to giving up 2 + runs a game.

Injuries, PEDs...you are still missing Matz and some of the relief pitchers who played a roll early on.

I've never seen a team get hit with so many problems...Duda is hurting now, too.

The fact that they are in the position they now find themselves in is arguably one of the most amazing stories we've seen in NY for a long time.

I was alive for the 1973 Tug McGraw "You got to believe" run that ended in that WS loss to Oakland...this team has the chance to surpass that one in some ways because the other team at least had the foundation from a WS championship still intact, and never had the major injury issues.

Best case dramatic scenario (for me)... Wilmer Flores hits a walk off HR against the Yankees in game 5 as the Mets take the series 4-1.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
new york mets thread- off-season thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.