[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Im pretty much sold now on Badiane from everything I have read.
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/7/2003  8:46 PM
this guy will continue to climb in the draft--lets HOPE that 9 ends up being all right. i hate commenting about players I have not seen but i read that he played very well against perkins Lang and Jefferson last year at ABCD camp. Simple equation OUR BIGGEST need is a center

this kid is 6-11 236 with a 7-4 1/2 wingspan and nearly a 3 foot verticl leap. Hes a hard worker and sounds like Theo Ratliff with a better O game.

Im pretty much setling in withmy picks

9--Badiane
30--Lang
39--Best player left on the very confusing board. I like Lang somuch I would be wiling to trade both 2s to get up high enough in the 1st round to swipe him. With a 30 + 39 we should be able to get up to Bostons 20.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
LarrythaLeo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #71
USA
6/8/2003  6:57 PM
Yes I'm all for drafting him too, his only weakness seems to be his 55% freethrow shooting.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/8/2003  7:17 PM
Posted by LarrythaLeo:

Yes I'm all for drafting him too, his only weakness seems to be his 55% freethrow shooting.
That and the fact that he has no offensive game or post game to speak of. I like how he sounds, but unless he does something dramatic he's just not going to be good enough to pick 9th. He's a great pick for the 13 to 20 range but not 9th yet.
subzero0
Member: #410
6/8/2003  11:49 PM
We need a big man that can post with the number 9 pick. We could and should use our 1st second round pick to get him if he's still around and use the last pick to draft maybe Luke Walton or a similar big man who can post and pass.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/9/2003  10:12 AM
Badiane didn't average double figures while with a division 2 team in Germany (not the best league).

Badiane is an extreme physical specimen but he still has alot to learn regarding playing basketball.
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
6/9/2003  11:12 AM
let's see you're pretty much sold...on...umm

badiene
lang
edi
outlaw
kaman
bell, no wait i forgot you did say that you didn't think bell would be good for the knicks...my bad dawg
trading the pick for stromile swift
villueneva

...anyone i forget?
all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/9/2003  11:56 AM
Posted by prodson:

let's see you're pretty much sold...on...umm

badiene
lang
edi
outlaw
kaman
bell, no wait i forgot you did say that you didn't think bell would be good for the knicks...my bad dawg
trading the pick for stromile swift
villueneva

...anyone i forget?

You forgot Sweetney
prodson
Colombia
6/9/2003  12:07 PM
ty vmart.

briggs will smile when he see's this
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/9/2003  1:14 PM
yes so how many times have you had different thoughts over 6 months of waiting? Mike Sweetney is still the BEST talent we would be able to get at 9-but I just dont think the Knicks will take him. I havent seen Badiane and I dont like to comment when I havent seen a guy play, but at 6-11 237 with a 7-5 wingspand and nearly a 3 foot vertical jump, he sounds like the athletic shot blocker rebounder we can use out of the C position.It says quite clearly that his game includes a nice set of fundamental skills around the basket and a jump shot as well. His stats on his german team were 12 points 9rebounds and 2 blocks in 23 minutes. Sounds like a nene Theo ratliff type C but again I havent seen him play. It would be unusual for someone to be that big and athletic not to be pretty good.he was ranked #7 in high school prospects before he choseto play for Germany over going to high school in the US. Hes already played well against Kendrick perkins Lang etc...

And yes I hope we pick Lang with our 30 pick
RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
USA
6/9/2003  1:25 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

yes so how many times have you had different thoughts over 6 months of waiting? Mike Sweetney is still the BEST talent we would be able to get at 9-but I just dont think the Knicks will take him. I havent seen Badiane and I dont like to comment when I havent seen a guy play, but at 6-11 237 with a 7-5 wingspand and nearly a 3 foot vertical jump, he sounds like the athletic shot blocker rebounder we can use out of the C position.It says quite clearly that his game includes a nice set of fundamental skills around the basket and a jump shot as well. His stats on his german team were 12 points 9rebounds and 2 blocks in 23 minutes. Sounds like a nene Theo ratliff type C but again I havent seen him play. It would be unusual for someone to be that big and athletic not to be pretty good.he was ranked #7 in high school prospects before he choseto play for Germany over going to high school in the US. Hes already played well against Kendrick perkins Lang etc...

Be honest I really don't care who the Knicks pick as long as he is 7' tall and has some athletic skills. If its Badaine then its fine with me. As long as they stay away from 6'8'' PFs I'll be happy.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/9/2003  1:26 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I agree Briggs, there is a lot of hype with these Euro guys, I remember when Nesterovic came out, he was supposed to be this Athletic european big man who can play down low. Well Although he did not live up to that billing, he is a fine player. A competent big man, who has a decent shot, can pass and block shots,( he had 10 one game I think). If the knicks ended up with a player like that, I won't be mad, but all the hype is ridiculous..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Pike
Member: #403
6/9/2003  1:31 PM
There are three great players in this draft... after which, the fall is steep and treacherous.
prodson
Colombia
6/9/2003  1:46 PM
briggs i haven't changed my mind once. i still feel like the knicks are gonna trade the 9th and i'm hoping that with whatever pick they have left. they take outlaw.

briggs i love your post after you wrote that you don't like commenting on players you haven't seen play, you turned around and gave us a full article on the guy. HAHAHAHA.

but listen tho why draft sweetney when they already have kurt thomas? Twin towers?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
rain
Member: #353
USA
6/9/2003  2:17 PM
If your going to take this guy trade down. #9 is too high. Sounds like a more raw version of Marcus Haislip (not bad). If Lampe isn't there we could trade down into the teens to get him.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/9/2003  2:19 PM
"As long as they stay away from 6'8'' PFs I'll be happy."

If Elton Brand was available would you draft him or stay away from him because he's a 6'8 powerforward?

Whats the point? Hold up your thumb, take a good look at it. Thats the height difference between a tall 6'10 and undersized 6'8 at PF. Its ridiculous, either the guy can play or he cant. Just cause our 6'8 PFs STINK doesnt mean we shouldnt get one that has some talent.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
tkf
6/9/2003  2:22 PM
Posted by fishmike:

If Elton Brand was available would you draft him or stay away from him because he's a 6'8 powerforward?

Whats the point? Hold up your thumb, take a good look at it. Thats the height difference between a tall 6'10 and undersized 6'8 at PF. Its ridiculous, either the guy can play or he cant. Just cause our 6'8 PFs STINK doesnt mean we shouldnt get one that has some talent.

come on fishmike, first of all the only person I know with a 2 inch thumb is ET and Arsenio hall, so lets be real, 2 inches is two inches. and with those two inches usually comes a longer wing span, that makes all the difference, now Brand on the other hand is that rare 6'8 with great hands and extremely long arms so it allows him to play taller, plus Brand is a good athelete, with quickness and above average leaping ability. a 6'8 undersized PF who does not posess these things is not what we need!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
6/9/2003  2:25 PM
If we were able to trade the pick and turn it into a player like Odom, or Brand and still get outlaw in the Draft, then I would be happy, then we can sign nesterovic with the exemption and court a much better team than we have in the past few years. This would be a good start..
Vmart
USA
6/9/2003  2:34 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I never said anything about getting a PF I said the KNicks need a center a legit center that is 7 feet tall.
There is a four inch difference between a 7' and a 6'8'' player, difference a guy has jamming over or shooting over. As for Brand if he were available at the 9th pick yeah I would take him. But you would be hard pressed to find a Brand in this year draft. By the way think realistically the NYK management has said that Dice will play you think they will take a pf it will make them look bad for even thinking to take a PF.

I'll say it again I want the Knicks to get a center 7' or taller. This team has been complaining about lack of size I think its time they do something about it.
fishmike
USA
6/9/2003  2:35 PM
then you didnt do your homework on Sweetney or Brand. Brand's knock was he's be too short at the next level, and didnt have the athletecism to compensate. Sweetney has a wingspan of 7'2 and "amazing hands."

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/6017406.htm

look at some of his games against teams with long more athletic defenders in the post:
Syracuse:
32 points 13 rebs 7 blocks
31 points 19 rebs 7 blocks

his worse game against a bigtime team was Duke:
23 points 6 rebs 2 blocks
before fouling out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=389
fishmike
USA
6/9/2003  2:39 PM
"I'll say it again I want the Knicks to get a center 7' or taller. This team has been complaining about lack of size I think its time they do something about it."

I could not agree more, but would you draft subpar talent based on height? Thats a huge mistake to make when drafting.

Seatle has 4 centers around 7 feet, but they are in the same boat we are.

I think you draft the best talent available, then go sign or trade players to fill needs.
Im pretty much sold now on Badiane from everything I have read.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy