[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

say it ain't so
Author Thread
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/2/2001  10:21 AM
I got this little bit of depressing news through the still free newsletter of hoopsworld..(www.bskball.com)

The team almost triggered a deal yesterday sending Charlie Ward to the Utah Jazz according to sources near the Knicks, it appears the Knicks and Jazz are continuing talks regarding Greg Ostertag, and a swap could come as early as Friday.

I'd rather keep Ward then get Ostertag. Even with Ward possible losing evenmore value as he won't see much playing time having Ostertag would be disastrous on the field. He always makes costly mistakes. If however a trade would be in the works for Dampier or Foyle I'd be ecstatic but Ostertag is simply to depressing for words.
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/2/2001  10:55 AM
I think I'd disagree with you KnicksBabyYeah. Ostertag is not an ideal center, but what do we have to lose in giving him up for Ward. He is a big body, that could start at center if needed. He does get beat up in the West, but with not too many centers in the East to contend with I don't see him having too many problems. What exactly do Dampier and Foyle bring to the table other than unfufilled potential?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/2/2001  12:31 PM
I consider Dampier and Foyle to be like Camby, might surprise us with some good game when they play here. Furthermore Ward for Ostertag doesn't work straight up but a trade with GS does. Would this mean other players are involved or maybe a draft pick? Ostertag is just not fit to play in the basketball mecca of the world. Ostertag was a knick in that movie "eddie" and that's already more of an insult then I can take..-)
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
10/2/2001  12:59 PM
I think it all depend on Ostertags role. I wouldnt trade Ward if Ostertag is gonna start. Id have Ostertag backup Camby for 10 minutes a game. Even that is stretching it.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/2/2001  6:22 PM
Though getting Ostertag is not the best possible thing we could do, it is an improvement believe it or not. Ostertag can play those 10 to 12 minutes at center camby doesn't play and he would probably be fairly affective. I would take Dampier or Foyle over Ostertag, but anything to trade ward for a center i would accept.
say it ain't so

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy