[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread; Knicks use the Heat to get Curry cooking!!!!!
Author Thread
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/12/2007  3:35 PM
Glad you've finally come to that realizations TKF. It's for your own good.

I just got tired of trying to kid myself that the Knicks were better than they were 3 years ago and I came to that realization because I realized this team was being led by Stephon Marbury and Isiah Thomas. I mean honestly, what good can come out of that?
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/12/2007  4:11 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

Glad you've finally come to that realizations TKF. It's for your own good.

I just got tired of trying to kid myself that the Knicks were better than they were 3 years ago and I came to that realization because I realized this team was being led by Stephon Marbury and Isiah Thomas. I mean honestly, what good can come out of that?

yea, having a capable backcourt in this league is important, how long does it take for one orginization to figure out that two positions over the past 3 years have not gotten it done. Isiah seems like some little kid who keeps putting that tooth under the pillow, with every belief that the tooth fairy will come... after a few months and a rotten tooth, even the kid understands he has been duped... when will isiah? This is not a great backcourt and honestly barely qualifies as a good one... all that will lead you to is 30-35 wins....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
11/12/2007  5:35 PM
Yea TKF, good to see you pulled your head out fo your ass finally.

The Nix are a bad basketball team.

Move on.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

11/12/2007  7:35 PM
Papabear Says

If I was an owner of a NBA team and had a president of my NBA team At first I would not be concerned about making the playoffs. The first thing is getting that franchise player. (Superstar) then build around that. If you make the lottery again find that other star.
Our first mistake was giving Ewing away for free. I would have traded him to a lottery bound team and got some first round picks and players with one year or less on thier contract.
Teams that are in the middle tier of the league always stay there because they never are bad enough to get that lottery pick and not good enough to compete for the ring. That is us.
How good really is David Lee, Balkman, and Collins? Now Lee is smart but players know who he is now since he has a little rep and they are paying more attention to him. I love my Knicks but whoever is our defensive coach Zeke needs to get rid of a bring someone else in.
The Knicks always plays down to the level of the team they are playing. They do not have that killer instinc. When they are ahead they get cute and make all kinds of crazy passes and turnovers. I thought that Marb would not want to go out this way. I thought that he would step up and do his best but maybe his best is not good enough. I still have hope that this team can turn it around.

Papabear
Papabear
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

11/12/2007  8:03 PM
Posted by Papabear:

Papabear Says

If I was an owner of a NBA team and had a president of my NBA team At first I would not be concerned about making the playoffs. The first thing is getting that franchise player. (Superstar) then build around that. If you make the lottery again find that other star.
Our first mistake was giving Ewing away for free. I would have traded him to a lottery bound team and got some first round picks and players with one year or less on thier contract.

This is essentially what we did. We got Glenn Rice, with a year or two on his contract, and two first round picks. The problem is Layden turned those picks into Othella Harrington and an ancient Mark Jackson. To add insult to injury we then turned Glenn Rice into Shandon an Eisley.

The Ewing deal in itself was not so bad, his career was on the serious decline and he wanted huge money. But how we proceeded with the assets was bad.

Teams that are in the middle tier of the league always stay there because they never are bad enough to get that lottery pick and not good enough to compete for the ring. That is us.
How good really is David Lee, Balkman, and Collins? Now Lee is smart but players know who he is now since he has a little rep and they are paying more attention to him. I love my Knicks but whoever is our defensive coach Zeke needs to get rid of a bring someone else in.
The Knicks always plays down to the level of the team they are playing. They do not have that killer instinc. When they are ahead they get cute and make all kinds of crazy passes and turnovers. I thought that Marb would not want to go out this way. I thought that he would step up and do his best but maybe his best is not good enough. I still have hope that this team can turn it around.

Papabear

Now your echoing what I've been singing for three years. Isiah spent our franchise player acquisition assets (4 first round draft picks, some which were quite high and could have been higher if we played our cards right) on Starbust and Chubby.

It's been a race to mediocrity with little regard to how to maximize one's chances of acquiring top tier talent. We don't position ourselves to maximize our assets in the means of player acquisition: draft, trades or free agency. It's simply been a spending spree to bring "excitement" back to the garden. To borrow from DJ's vernacular, Isiah has put the sizzle before the steak at every opportunity.
Game Thread; Knicks use the Heat to get Curry cooking!!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy