[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread; Knicks continue to waive their magic stick against Orlando.
Author Thread
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/9/2007  11:27 PM
Posted by arkrud:
Posted by Papabear:
Posted by 4949:

[quote]Posted by Papabear:

Papabear Says

To sum up this game tonight They Gave Up! They Quit!!!

Papabear

I don't know pappabear. Your starting to sound a little negative to me.quote

Papabear Says

No I'm not!! I love my Knicks but come on , I told you guys before when you're wrong you're wrong. Hey this was a winable game tonight. Am I disappointed ?? youre darn right I am. I had my Knicks hat, my sub sandwich with salami,ham, provalone, and swiss cheeze. A large bottle of soda and some chips to eat during the game. Now I have an upset stomach.

Papabear

[Edited by - Papabear on 11-09-2007 11:16 PM]

You need to use some honey instead. It's good for the bears.
And don't be so upset from one game.
You are risking to develop serious stomack problems by next spring...

<chuckle>
https:// It's not so hard.
AUTOADVERT
K22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1182
USA
11/9/2007  11:28 PM
Defense. Taking care of the ball.

We can't continue playing carelessly one side of the court and not playing at all on the other.

*sigh*

let's hope they TCB against a very very VERY old Heat team. Don't want to start this road trip 2-3.
-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/9/2007  11:31 PM
Posted by Cosmic:

Disappointing, I have my POV on the loss, but too tired right now, just here to offer the game file (how many here cant see the game but post regularly and desire this stuff?)

Knicks vs Magic GameCaps

http://www.zshare.net/video/4800410a03e5c7/

Now, while the outcome sucked, there was a huge pre-game featured Ewing and a behind-the-scenes in the locker room, the game caps as usual, and isiah's post game funeral.

Hope you don't mind....I'm adding this to the videos on the front page.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Member: #1126
USA
11/9/2007  11:40 PM
Posted by Papabear:

I told you guys before when you're wrong you're wrong.

They lost and we're wrong. Good one.
I'll never trust this' team again.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
11/9/2007  11:59 PM
I think this about sums up the game:

via Magicman123/Realgm...
starbury thinks hes still in the hood, thinks hes god and the greatest thing on earth, hes never wrong, and is very selfish..crawford shoots 8,000 shots a game on or off...robinson doenst know if hes a boxer or a gangster, curry just wants to eat hot dogs, all the players want to do is get paid and score...they play no defense, dont care about eachother, just worry about their personal stats...yea all that talent, theirs a reason why they finish below .500.... one way players...chemistry and attitude is everything no matter how good the talent is...

thats my opinion..but mine doesnt matter

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 09-11-2007 11:59 PM]
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/10/2007  12:03 AM
Posted by TrueBlue:
Posted by tkf:

I like dwight, but the guys offensive game is the equivalent of marvin webster(post knee surgeries) and yet he gets lost on the baseling for ally oops which is 99% of his horrible offensive game.. curry has to do a better job, and to let him get that many boards, I put that partly on curry, heck zack did his job tonight. geez.

nelson outplayed marbury, that was the key, and letting hedo stankglu get off is a damn joke..

this was a loss we saw comming.. right?

You talk all this stuff about how other teams players are garbage, scrubbish, limited bums, etc etc yet game after game we get beat by these players. So my question to you is what are our players?

I think you have the answer to that...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
11/10/2007  8:00 AM
1)Perimeter defense,2)typical PG play avoiding too many turnovers and 3)overall D as a whole throughout the game are the reasons why the knicks won't make the playoffs this yr.

Knicks continue to turn the ball over way too many times. 20 is too much and Orlando scored 28 pts off those turnovers.

CUrry and Randolph or even Lee couldn't stop Dwight Howard inside. he performed a 20/20. WOW he's a beast!

Alot of question marks ??????? on this knicks team.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/10/2007  9:11 AM
Posted by JesseDark:

Winnable game especially at home. Early defensive lapses (Marbury) giving up 4 layups just cannot happen. Crawford can't get taken out of his game by the refs. We can't win'em all but we sure could have won that one.

This was really the problem. Our guys let the refs take them out of the game and they fell apart. We could have beat that team if we came out in the 4th with the same defensive intensity that we showed against Denver. Instead, we just lost it and gave up. We missed Nate out there. Unbelievably, he is becoming the calming factor on offense.
Trust the Process
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/10/2007  11:37 AM
Posted by playa2:

Isiah has to convince his scorers to become two-way players against Orlando.

Stan vangundy's team will focus on defense.

Curry needs to watch film on howard, he seldom takes charging calls and tries to defed and block everything.

Foyle is 6 fouls to do the same and can score close to the basket.

I'm afraid we go back to the old knicks one on one when Orlando tightens up the defense.

Didn't believe me huh?

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Cosmic
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #1115
USA
11/10/2007  11:51 AM
Posted by Andrew:

Not at all - go for it.

Anyways, I figured I'd have a better analysis of this game this morning but I can't think of one beyond the obvious:

*Crawford bad game, bad shot selection, terrible with turnovers.
*Too many turnovers.
*Horrible overall defense - Jameer's six untouched, uncontested layups were inexcuseable.
*Marbury atrocious defense, too many turnovers of his own.
*A decision not to try to pound it more into the paint.
*Got overwhelmed by Adonal Foyle of all people.
*Bad lineups: Why was the 2nd quarter started with.

C-Lee
F-QRich
F-Crawford
G-Nate
G-Marbury

? What was Isiah trying to prove?

Why bring Malik Rose into the game in the 4th quarter? TO do what exactly?

Terrible decision making down the stretch especially when we needed 3's but we drove for 2's. Crawford had a wide open 3 and he instead drives the lane and bricks the shot and forced us to foul the Magic. Then Marbury does the same the following trip up court but got lucky with that wild layup and the foul.

Still, poor decision making.

Again, it waas poor decision making NOT to hammer Jameer Nelson early in the game when he was already on his fifth uncontested layup. That was inexcusable.

Looking at the turnovers I'd swore we had more. Looking at the score I'm surprised it was "only" a 10 point loss it felt much worse.

Overall, disappointing, and I was pretty riled up in that fourth.

Now we face Miami. We sure better not lose to that team on Sunday. If we do I'm not sure what to say other than "Same Old Knicks" because it sure seems as if the same errors by the usual culprits continue to haunt our team.

http://popcornmachine.net/ A must-use tool for NBA stat junkies!
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/10/2007  11:56 AM
Posted by Cosmic:
Posted by Andrew:

Not at all - go for it.

Anyways, I figured I'd have a better analysis of this game this morning but I can't think of one beyond the obvious:

*Too many turnovers.
*Horrible overall defense - Jameer's six untouched, uncontested layups were inexcuseable.

C-Lee
F-QRich
F-Crawford
G-Nate
G-Marbury

Terrible decision making down the stretch especially when we needed 3's but we drove for 2's. Crawford had a wide open 3 and he instead drives the lane and bricks the shot and forced us to foul the Magic. Then Marbury does the same the following trip up court but got lucky with that wild layup and the foul.

Again, it waas poor decision making NOT to hammer Jameer Nelson early in the game when he was already on his fifth uncontested layup. That was inexcusable.

Looking at the turnovers I'd swore we had more. Looking at the score I'm surprised it was "only" a 10 point loss it felt much worse.

Now we face Miami. We sure better not lose to that team on Sunday. If we do I'm not sure what to say other than "Same Old Knicks" because it sure seems as if the same errors by the usual culprits continue to haunt our team.

I noticed that too. I am sitting at home thinking "somebody's got to step up and hit a 3" and Marbury and Crawford consistently passed up threes for 2pt shots. We were not getting any stops so the only way to win at that point was to make some 3s. They certainly should not have forced up a bad shots, but they were passing up fairly open shots.
Trust the Process
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/10/2007  1:16 PM
The Magic have a good thing going. SVG has done a good job of putting only good shooters in the game as subs. That's why a guy like Ariza won't see any real minutes. They're good where we are weakest. Still if we don't have all those Breakdowns and TO's we are in this game and probably win. It's all about execution. I'm not going to go crazy yet, cuz I think we can and will play better.

I would like to see Mardy get a shot to run the offense, cuz I think he's the only PG we have that would defend and do a good job at running the offense. I know his shooting isn't great, but I think there are times in each game when we need to make a strong defensive stand more than we need PG scoring. I expect to see this happen soon.

The TO's seemed to me to be totally unforced in many instances. All the palming calls and dumb passes. This team wasn't doing that in the wins, so I think this is more of a fluke game in that sense. You can see how different officiating crews can affect the game. This crew was tight on dribbling and allowed several goaltending calls to let slide. We failed to adjust.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
11/10/2007  2:13 PM
Posted by Cosmic:

[Anyways, I figured I'd have a better analysis of this game this morning but I can't think of one beyond the obvious:

*Too many turnovers.

C-Lee
F-QRich
F-Crawford
G-Nate
G-Marbury

Well, for one - when your guards are both A undiscplined and B given the green light to shoot, it's not gonna be fun.

Two, we're outcoached on a fair nightly basis.

Three, We don't have an INTIMIDATOR in the damn paint. Take out Curry, throw in Alonzo, and we're much better. MUCH better.

Forget Zach, forget Q, Lee, Balks....we need a new coach, and a new PG and C (which means we need a new GM).
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
11/10/2007  3:42 PM
Posted by Cosmic:

Disappointing, I have my POV on the loss, but too tired right now, just here to offer the game file (how many here cant see the game but post regularly and desire this stuff?)

Knicks vs Magic GameCaps

Now, while the outcome sucked, there was a huge pre-game featured Ewing and a behind-the-scenes in the locker room, the game caps as usual, and isiah's post game funeral.

COSMIC

I post at another forum with cats who live outta NY (one from china, one from KC, one from SoCal etc) and I repost your links there they greatly appreciate it. Only wish they could see both sides of the ball but no ones complaining. Thanks.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
mythfaze
Member: #106
11/10/2007  5:09 PM
Posted by kam77:
Posted by Cosmic:

Knicks vs Magic GameCaps

COSMIC

I post at another forum with cats who live outta NY (one from china, one from KC, one from SoCal etc) and I repost your links there they greatly appreciate it. Only wish they could see both sides of the ball but no ones complaining. Thanks.

Yeah your stuff is great, keep posting. Do you have a website where you keep a collection of the links to your movies?
Cosmic
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #1115
USA
11/11/2007  10:25 AM
You're welcome. I'll make an effort to post both sides of the ball tonight. The problem is file sizes. I'll give it a shot tonight but that will likely mean two files (first half, second half).

We'll see how it goes. As for a collection you can find my "home site" located in the shameless plug that starts each video. If you go there and look around you can find other recent videos.

In the past I used to keep everything I capped but recently started ditching it after uploading because of the sheer volume of files that comes with doing this.

http://popcornmachine.net/ A must-use tool for NBA stat junkies!
Game Thread; Knicks continue to waive their magic stick against Orlando.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy