[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Last Prediction Thread before the season starts!!!!!!!!
Author Thread
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
11/1/2007  11:50 AM
Posted by Panos:

Yeah, Bip I see how much you've stuck your ass out. +/-10!!!

Put me down for 39 wins. And that's only cause I'm a biased fan.

Stop nitpicking
I just hope that people will like me
AUTOADVERT
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

11/1/2007  11:54 AM
Posted by nixluva:

I'm going to stick with 46-36. This team has flaws, but I also get the feeling that it's gonna be a tough team to handle all year. The East is actually much tougher this year, but I think we'll be right there in the mix with the other better teams in the East.

Zach is for me a big addition. When I think back to last year and how often we just needed one more guy to step up and some of us felt that it had to be Frye. He failed to do it and we lost a lot of close games. I think his presence will help to make that difference.

The bench is another key to our success this year. I think Lee, Nate, Balk etc have grown enough to really be a factor more consistently. We should get some additional help from Mardy, Chan and Jones. That's a group with loads of athletic ability and hustle. It's a completely different style when they come in and I think that's gonna be a huge factor for us this year.

I agree that this is our "on paper" potential, easily. In which case less than that should be considered underachievement.

I historically over estimate these Knicks, or put another way, they historically underperform relative to my already modest expectation. I'm tempted to factor underachievement in to improve my predictive record, but my intuition is telling me things will align right this year. I think this will be a bubble season where we will actually do better this year than next. I think we'll have the right amount of injuries to productively shorten the rotation, giving us stability and reducing "chatter" from the bench. With the noose around Isiah's neck I think our guys will come out stronger than last, and crumple less under adversity. I think the net result will yield us 44 wins and job security for Isiah and Marbury.

Next year I smell trouble again from complacency and strife over the future of the point guard and leadership position. We'll get more chatter from the bench with concomitant despondency, plus gazillions of trade rumors regarding our expiring contracts, the direction of our frontcourt and Marbury's future here. We'll do worse next year than this unless Isiah can somehow dump Stiffbury before the season begins.

44 wins and we're still stuck with da bums.
Bippity10
11/1/2007  12:00 PM
I'm with TrueBlue. I look at the roster and make a prediction in my head based on the level of talent. Then I subtract 5 wins and come up with my actual figure.

This team is so hard to predict because the talent says one thing and the past results show another. Tough to pick. Taht's why I have settled on the +/-10. I wouldn't be anymore surprised with this team bonding together and having a 45+ win season as I would with this team utterly collapsing and destroying us all
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/1/2007  12:02 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

I'm with TrueBlue. I look at the roster and make a prediction in my head based on the level of talent. Then I subtract 5 wins and come up with my actual figure.

This team is so hard to predict because the talent says one thing and the past results show another. Tough to pick. Taht's why I have settled on the +/-10. I wouldn't be anymore surprised with this team bonding together and having a 45+ win season as I would with this team utterly collapsing and destroying us all

What is the point of picking a win total if you have a +/-10 on it?!
Any idiot can do that! I think it is safe to say this team will win between 30-50 games.

[Edited by - panos on 01-11-2007 12:03 PM]
Bippity10
11/1/2007  12:07 PM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by Bippity10:

What is the point of picking a win total if you have a +/-10 on it?!
Any idiot can do that! I think it is safe to say this team will win between 20-50 games.

I will ignore your personal attack and just comment on the issue at hand. I actually agree with your prediction of 20-50 games. I would be shocked if their win total didn't fall in this group. I predict they will win between 31-51 games, so we are almost on the same page. That's why your personal attack was so ridiculous.

See Panos we can have a difference in opinion without it turning into a piossing match. Jeez. Where is the civility? Where are Andrew and Martin to step in and stop these types of attacks? from what I've been told, Ooh Aah was booted from this site for far less.
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

11/1/2007  12:09 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

You best not be talking about me. I can't believe I called you my MVP. If you have that hard a time telling me apart from True after all this time, how can I trust you to know the difference between Anucha and a truck?

Bippity10
11/1/2007  12:15 PM
Posted by BlueSeats:
Posted by Bippity10:

You best not be talking about me. I can't believe I called you my MVP. If you have that hard a time telling me apart from True after all this time, how can I trust you to know the difference between Anucha and a truck?

I can tell the difference, I just see the Blue sometimes and start typing. No disrespect intended. I have similar problems with Marv and Martin, TKF and TMS, and NYK3 and 4.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/1/2007  12:24 PM
37 or 38 wins.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Bippity10
11/1/2007  12:26 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

37 or 38 wins.

Come on man, make a stand. 37 or 38, which is it you coward.
nyk4ever
USA
11/1/2007  12:28 PM
Posted by Bippity10:
Posted by nyk4ever:

37 or 38 wins.

STOP PEER-PRESSURING ME!!!!
38 wins.
nyk4ever
USA
11/1/2007  12:29 PM
I took the high number, just to show everyone that I'm not a hater.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/1/2007  12:29 PM
Posted by Bippity10:
Posted by nyk4ever:

37 or 38 wins.

Yellow, lilly-livered...
Bippity10
11/1/2007  12:32 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

Oh man, if you picked 37, Nixluva and Rembee would have been in here like a bullet.
nyk4ever
USA
11/1/2007  12:34 PM
Posted by Bippity10:
Posted by nyk4ever:

Oh man, if you picked 37, Nixluva and Rembee would have been in here like a bullet.

Hey man, the Knicks banwagon is broken down right now.. give it time, it'll get them here eventually... in a big cloud of black smoke.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/1/2007  11:55 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Bippity10:
Posted by nyk4ever:

Hey man, the Knicks banwagon is broken down right now.. give it time, it'll get them here eventually... in a big cloud of black smoke.

There may not be a bandwagon, but there is this truck...
https:// It's not so hard.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/2/2007  1:16 PM
start steph, q, balkman, zach, malik
bring nate, jones, jamal, lee, eddy off the bench

let steph + zach go nuts in the pick and roll game.
then bring in the 2nd unit and let jamal and eddy go nuts.

a big problem with this team is identifying roles on the offense. jamal and eddy work well together but they both need to score. and i think steph + zach would work better together but they both like to score.

instead of making steph this offensive orchestrator let him and zach be the entire offense. they won't have to worry about everybody else being happy offensively. same goes with jamal and eddy - no need to try to get everyone involved, just run the 2 man offense.

all other players wait for a catch and shoot, but mainly bust ass on defense and get boards.

this way, all our players know their roles and we can maximize our offensive talents. but trying to work steph + jamal + eddy + zach together in the starting lineup tells me isiah has no recognition of what it takes to win with this team. just my humble opinion.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 11-02-2007 1:16 PM]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/2/2007  1:19 PM
Bip, I decided what my prediction will be. I think the Knicks will go 5-77. Don't hate. Dooooooooon't you hate.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/2/2007  1:20 PM
I'm going with 36 wins, which is an improvement over last year. Thus Isiah's job is saved....
https:// It's not so hard.
AI
Member: #579
USA
11/2/2007  1:45 PM
I am going to go with 32 wins......Isiah saves his job
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/2/2007  1:46 PM
Put me down for 43 wins. I think Zach is going to make a huge difference for the team. He is a big upgrade over Frye and with the added maturity of Nate (if it continues) and the development of Balkman, Collins, and Lee, I think we have the makings of a solid team that can at least get to 43 wins. Now getting beyond 43 is another story.
Trust the Process
Last Prediction Thread before the season starts!!!!!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy