[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread; Knicks will harass the Cavs and chase them away from MSG.
Author Thread
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
11/3/2007  1:04 AM
NIXLUVA! Don't let hate conquer love!
You dilligently think out all your posts- and always talk about basketball- that's what this forum is about-
You got good props at the UK gathering tonight, and you takes a lot of hits for our team- I hope I see you out at a get-together sometime- It's a lot better deal than snippity interent posting for sure.
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
AUTOADVERT
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

11/3/2007  1:09 AM
Posted by kam77:
Posted by BlueSeats:
Posted by Papabear:

Papabear Says

I'll just go watch some tv for a while or view another forum just for the heck of it.
Peace and out!!

Papabear

Jut curious papa, but do you post on those other forums that you prefer?

Hey... it aint bear huntin' season. I know where he hibernates in peace. And i aint tellin.

Don't worry, one message board is more than enough for me.

But when he posts, is it about the Knicks, or just complaining about other posters?
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
11/3/2007  2:26 AM
The Cavs squeezed all they could of out of Boobie tonight...

Okay I couldn't resist.

This was a tough loss. No reason to make this out to be the end of the world. I saw some good things from this team offensively, but obviously there's a lot to work on defensively. That was a given. I don't understand why Balkman wasn't out there more to bother Lebron a bit (I know he got 3 fouls early, but that shouldn't make him dissapear), but hopefully Coach Thomas realizes the error of his ways and makes that adjustment.

And we really need to learn to box out and close a defensive stand. Part of that is lack of discipline on the D. We're swarming everywhere and can't stay with our man. That's gonna take time to learn. Can they learn it? Who knows- it'll be interesting to see.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/3/2007  7:43 AM
LOL, ya'll broke NIXLUVA.

Damn, if two of our starters werent the worst players on the court(Q & Marbury) the knicks would have won.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
buddapaw
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #1101

11/3/2007  8:32 AM
Posted by islesfan:

The Knicks are already a last place team. Sole possession in fact.

Thanks for pointing that out Isles, you never cease to amaze.
"Low Percentage Shots r US, these are our Knicks" "NY KNICKS the cure for basketball fanatic"
Cosmic
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #1115
USA
11/3/2007  8:55 AM
Posted by VDesai:

The Cavs squeezed all they could of out of Boobie tonight...

Okay I couldn't resist.

This was a tough loss. No reason to make this out to be the end of the world. I saw some good things from this team offensively, but obviously there's a lot to work on defensively. That was a given. I don't understand why Balkman wasn't out there more to bother Lebron a bit (I know he got 3 fouls early, but that shouldn't make him dissapear), but hopefully Coach Thomas realizes the error of his ways and makes that adjustment.

And we really need to learn to box out and close a defensive stand. Part of that is lack of discipline on the D. We're swarming everywhere and can't stay with our man. That's gonna take time to learn. Can they learn it? Who knows- it'll be interesting to see.

In regards to Balkman I thought I saw him come down a bit gimpy at one point and I wonder if that is why we did not see him again. Also he was rusty and you don't want to jeopardize a close game just to work a player back into shape. He'll come around.

Defensively we were as bad as I think I've ever seen us. That will change but probably not much. The thing that stood out was Gibson's 4th quarter barrage which was seemingly wide open. I don't know if Marbury was tired or just plain lost out there but that's what did us in. Missed FTs certainly did not help matters and you can't miss that many when you're playing a team whose top player will see the line 20+ times a night.

Now it's time to try to beat down the Wolves tomorrow. If they do then last night will be forgotten.

...thanks for the welcome, fellas.
http://popcornmachine.net/ A must-use tool for NBA stat junkies!
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/3/2007  9:52 AM
I liked how the KNicks played last night it was a road game against a decent team and those are toss up 50-50 games. There were few mistakes out there made by Isiah not so much the team, He should have pulled Marbury a long time ago as he was incompetent on the defensive end guarding Gibson. His play making skills don't exist. Nate on the other hand was very good last night the Knicks biggest lead came when Nate was in the game. I think its time for the changing of the guards. I shouldn't blame Marbury but he is what he is, his talents have erroded away and now he is just a shell of himself. Q is in bad shape man I don't know if he is that good of a defensive player. Balkman was rusty as hell you can tell he was away from the court for a long time. Isiah needed to go man to man all the way zone isn't what this team does well. The guards don't know how to play any zone defense. Jone is not a SF and he should never be guarding LeBron unless he has to but that should never be the plan. Other than that Curry looked good FT needs work and he will get with that, Z-Bo the guy can shoot it, Nate should be the starting PG, Crawford did well but his defense breaks down to much needs to stay with his man, but that wasn't so much his fault as it was the zone they ran or Gibson doesn't get a good look at the basket. Lee was good but he is very limited on the Offensive side. should have scored more.
BlueSeats

11/3/2007  10:04 AM
Yeah, I don't see why nerves are so shattered already, I thought the Knicks played okay. If they play like that every night they'll win half those games.

But their late game execution still stinks, and Marbury should be given the Hardaway/Franchise treatment: Send him home with an injury and bring him back when the other guards get hurt. I really think this team would benefit psychically by his complete absence - I know I would. And Balkman is needed at full health. I think the QR/JJSkinny experiment is over.
BlueSeats

11/3/2007  10:08 AM
BTW, welcome Cosmic.

You were still a rabid homer back when I was still at realgm (I left of my own volition, but for similar reasons as yourself and PF99) but I know you're capable of being very expressive on both sides of the issue, so you're a good compliment to any board.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/3/2007  10:34 AM
Posted by BlueSeats:

Yeah, I don't see why nerves are so shattered already, I thought the Knicks played okay. If they play like that every night they'll win half those games.

But their late game execution still stinks, and Marbury should be given the Hardaway/Franchise treatment: Send him home with an injury and bring him back when the other guards get hurt. I really think this team would benefit psychically by his complete absence - I know I would. And Balkman is needed at full health. I think the QR/JJSkinny experiment is over.
Start Balkman, bring Chandler off the bench would be my advice to Isiah if he wanted to keep his job.

Marbury can not function if his teammates is are playing well. It is truly funny and sad at the same time seeing how lost and disinterested he was in the second half of that game because everybody on his team(less Q) was playing well. The worst kind of nut of all.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
11/3/2007  12:26 PM
Posted by nixluva:
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by nixluva:
Posted by islesfan:

The Knicks played about as well as they can but still couldn't beat a decent team that isn't playing well and was missing key players.

OH SHUT THE HELL UP ISLES!!! You SUCK! How about you just take a break with all your negative crap. This was NOT THE BEST this team can play!!! You really want to think that the very 1st game of the season is as good as we're gonna get. MAN GO ROOT FOR THE HAWKS OR SOMETHING!!!

I hope you forgot to use the green font, b/c otherwise you're really out of line here bro.
OH I mean to be out of line. The guy was predicting a loss at halftime and i'm so tired of his crap. I'm done with this forum. I'm just gonna go and enjoy this season without this negative crap. I've been considering it for a while and to be honest it's just not what I came to this forum for. It's one thing to make constructive criticism, which even i did, but this guy only has one agenda and it's tiresome.

To everyone here i'm gonna miss you all and i really hope the Knicks give us a great season.

GO KNICKS.

ISLES... KISS MY ASS YOU FAKE BUM!!! NIXLUVA OVER AND OUT.

Don't go Nixluva. We need you on the board to provide that unwavering positive vibe. Otherwise, this board is going to turn into a bunch of hating and complaining. I was encouraged by what I saw yesterday. The team still needs alot of work, but they played hard and they played as a team. Beating the Cavs on the road ain't easy.
Trust the Process
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/3/2007  1:05 PM

I did not come here for the hate, but the hate consumed me.

I am now a borg.

Guys, don't let the love-hate thing get in the way of hoops. Don't engage it. Isles lives for knick loses as a way for isiahs's exit.

One cannot simpley engage in every conversation. Ignore some forums.

Simply being a "lover" cannot hide what the team lacks and hope is an ingangable quality.

Most haters want the hope back, most haters want to see wins. Most haters are just tired of the losing. Haters here are not trolls but do care.

I think defending the teams character is hard and until they become a unit than just a bunch of talanted guys the hate is going to continue.

The quotes from Isiah and Marbury the last few years in retrospect really were comical and it shows a lack of real tangable character in those guys.

Im sure for "lovers' its frustrating as hell too!

Stick to the hoop guys and let the Gay Robot bashers have their space also!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/3/2007  1:05 PM

I am now a borg.

Guys, don't let the love-hate thing get in the way of hoops. Don't engage it. Isles lives for knick loses as a way for isiahs's exit.

Simply being a "lover" cannot hide what the team lacks and hope is an ingangable quality.

Most haters want the hope back, most haters want to see wins. Most haters are just tired of the losing. Haters here are not trolls but do care.

I think defending the teams character is hard and until they become a unit than just a bunch of talanted guys the hate is going to continue.

The quotes from Isiah and Marbury the last few years in retrospect really were comical and it shows a lack of real tangable character in those guys.

islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
11/3/2007  1:36 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I am now a borg.

I don't know how to take that.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
11/3/2007  1:56 PM
Posted by BlueSeats:
Posted by kam77:
Posted by BlueSeats:
Posted by Papabear:

Papabear Says

I'll just go watch some tv for a while or view another forum just for the heck of it.
Peace and out!!

Papabear

Hey... it aint bear huntin' season. I know where he hibernates in peace. And i aint tellin.

But when he posts, is it about the Knicks, or just complaining about other posters?

Its usually about the TEAM because there are only a couple of 'haters' that post and they are funny and intelligent and most of all respectful to the other fans who don't like being called nuthuggers and dumb blondes etc. for rooting for a team.

BlueSeats i've come to respect your posts. You're all right. It took a little while to separate you from the rest of the herd.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
11/3/2007  1:59 PM

I am now a borg.

CLASSIC. I think i have a new sig.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
BlueSeats

11/3/2007  2:14 PM
Posted by kam77:
Posted by BlueSeats:
Posted by kam77:
Posted by BlueSeats:
Posted by Papabear:

Papabear Says

Peace and out!!

Papabear

Its usually about the TEAM because there are only a couple of 'haters' that post and they are funny and intelligent and most of all respectful to the other fans who don't like being called nuthuggers and dumb blondes etc. for rooting for a team.

BlueSeats i've come to respect your posts. You're all right. It took a little while to separate you from the rest of the herd.

Thank you Kam, likewise.

I'd love to see papa talk about the team, it would be refreshing.

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

11/3/2007  8:53 PM
Posted by TheGame:
Posted by nixluva:
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by nixluva:
Posted by islesfan:

The Knicks played about as well as they can but still couldn't beat a decent team that isn't playing well and was missing key players.

OH SHUT THE HELL UP ISLES!!! You SUCK! How about you just take a break with all your negative crap. This was NOT THE BEST this team can play!!! You really want to think that the very 1st game of the season is as good as we're gonna get. MAN GO ROOT FOR THE HAWKS OR SOMETHING!!!

I hope you forgot to use the green font, b/c otherwise you're really out of line here bro.
OH I mean to be out of line. The guy was predicting a loss at halftime and i'm so tired of his crap. I'm done with this forum. I'm just gonna go and enjoy this season without this negative crap. I've been considering it for a while and to be honest it's just not what I came to this forum for. It's one thing to make constructive criticism, which even i did, but this guy only has one agenda and it's tiresome.

To everyone here i'm gonna miss you all and i really hope the Knicks give us a great season.

GO KNICKS.

ISLES... KISS MY ASS YOU FAKE BUM!!! NIXLUVA OVER AND OUT.

Don't go Nixluva. We need you on the board to provide that unwavering positive vibe. Otherwise, this board is going to turn into a bunch of hating and complaining. I was encouraged by what I saw yesterday. The team still needs alot of work, but they played hard and they played as a team. Beating the Cavs on the road ain't easy.

Papabear says

Nixluva just joined Excape for the New York Times forum
Everyone wished and welcomed him aboard. He will be OK
When I first joined this forum I said the forum was interesting and has a little bite in it. I came from the New York times forum. For a while it was ok. I knew about the haters because back with the Times they would only put up with so much. In the begining I loved the debats and discussion about the Knicks positive and negetive but soon It seemed like hate was what it was all about. The talk of race and other things. I got draged into these arguments and I said things that was over the edge out of anger and the was not becoming of me. When you are pushed that far you need to take a step back. All the hate and more hate was just a sad thing. It is destroying this forum. and that is a sad thing. The guys who put this forum together worked to hard to have it turned into a haters only forum. I hope that does'nt happen.

Papabear

Papabear
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/3/2007  9:53 PM
Posted by Papabear:

Papabear says

Nixluva just joined Excape for the New York Times forum
Everyone wished and welcomed him aboard. He will be OK
When I first joined this forum I said the forum was interesting and has a little bite in it. I came from the New York times forum. For a while it was ok. I knew about the haters because back with the Times they would only put up with so much. In the begining I loved the debats and discussion about the Knicks positive and negetive but soon It seemed like hate was what it was all about. The talk of race and other things. I got draged into these arguments and I said things that was over the edge out of anger and the was not becoming of me. When you are pushed that far you need to take a step back. All the hate and more hate was just a sad thing. It is destroying this forum. and that is a sad thing. The guys who put this forum together worked to hard to have it turned into a haters only forum. I hope that does'nt happen.

Papabear

I'm glad Nixluva found a new place to hang. I'm glad he's found a crew he's more compatible with, and I hope that he will be happy there.

I was starting to worry bout him, as he seemed to be angry all the time. He wasn't enjoying himself, so I think moving on was the right decision for him.
https:// It's not so hard.
Game Thread; Knicks will harass the Cavs and chase them away from MSG.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy