[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rick Carlisle Fired?
Author Thread
spencerdoobie
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #325
5/31/2003  2:36 AM
What the hell? How exactly do you keep a coaching job in the leauge? except work for dolan obviously......I don't get this at all......coach of the year last year, eastern conference finals this year? this just does not add up at all..........
AUTOADVERT
Explosive23
Member: #184
United Kingdom
5/31/2003  2:50 AM
Yeah, exactly. Back to back 50 win seasons earns a firing? Wtf??

[Edited by - explosive23 on 05/31/2003 02:50:38]
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

5/31/2003  7:19 AM
See this is a prime example of these defensive coordinators thinking they are head coaches in which truly they are glorified assistants. Rick Caryle is a vandummy clone who can win games (good winning %) but "CAN'T" win big games with a style of defense alone. Joe dumars has been briliant, so now don't think he has gone crazy and is making a mistake. You need a coach who knows offense and defense. Detroit newspaper columist got called out by TNT crew for demanding caryle be gone when they were down 3-1 to the magic, but the league has changed and people "IN THE KNOW" understands this.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
5/31/2003  8:47 AM
aint no love

i don't understand your thinking playa, on one hand you feel as if all these defensive coaches should be fired for no offense but at the same time you got about 3 threads riding don nelson like you were angel cordero jr.,... a coach who apparantly sends his teams out to the killing fields with no defense...

i don't understand...which is it??? BARBEQUE OR MILDEW?
all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
playa2

5/31/2003  11:01 AM
Sorry, but I think you need me to explain it to ya. The League has changed to more wide open scoring , but to win you have to be able to make stops. Teams that just play defense don't have a chance at winning it all in NBA basketball(DETROIT) you have to outscore your opponent. Now teams like Nelson's are never out of a game because they can at times out score a balanced (offensive +defensive) team. It's hard to stop a team with so many weapons(DALLAS) before Dirk went down for a 7 games series defensively you can get wore down. I hope that clears up the the issue.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
5/31/2003  5:52 PM
no! that doesn't clear it up because if i can recall the kings tore dallas out the frame last year. not to mention this year the mavs only had a winning pct. against 1 western conference team(Utah...lol) AND chris webber goes out and the mavericks still have to go 7 games to beat sac??? went 7 with portland too and it took a bad call on sabonis to win that game. funny

even funnier was the fact that one of the mavs wins over sac were due to vlade divac missing 2 free throws in a game that was over if he hit both.

you pride don nelson but he has never coached a team to a finals. never. ever. ever. forever ever.... (forever ever?)

van gundy did.

jeff van gundy replaced nelson in new york. i'm sure you remember that. and as i recall webber was a young talent in golden st. that nelson failed to develop, he didn't even know how to hold a conversation with webber. billy owens was a young talent also. is it fair to say that he developed your whooping boy sprewell???

i want the knicks to win whether it be by defense or offense but my thing is that you dwell on van gundy's lack of offense. you wanted the knicks to run & gun but houston and your favorite whooping boy sprewell can't even dribble??? don't you have to be able to dribble to run???

take your time...

AND i have witnessed you criticize latrell sprewell for being a chucker but in a run & gun wouldn't he still be a chucker??? he is a streaky shooter remember?

but just for your sake let's say he did run & gun...do you think the knicks would be the dynasty knicks by now?

and last but not least i like the fact of how you constantly ride jvg for not developing young talent but at the same time you constantly ride posters for wanting the knicks to go lottery and acquire young talent because as you put it... dolans' ownership doesn't cater to young talent only to selling tickets...so which is it?

BARBEQUE OR MILDEW?

this me bruh...

all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
playa2

5/31/2003  9:31 PM
Prod take a valium man, Writing that much I must have hit on point!
ARES
Member: #406
6/1/2003  12:26 PM
As usual myron has no comeback, because his whole debate is built on Anger and resentment that he prolly isn't even sure what he is angry about. A breathing contradiction, good point Prodson about the young Talent. funny i hear playa criticize Gundy for not developing Lavor postell, and travis Knight but downplaying Acquiring Lebon, or Carmello. lol. Prod you should go to law school. PLaya people are not writing that much because you are right, but writing that much is a wasted effort, as much as prod son proved you contradict yourself in 99 pct of the things you talk about, you still will do it next post.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
playa2

6/1/2003  4:05 PM
Shawn , why must you make this personal man , chill and post your mind but leave me out of your post. We all have something to add so what if we don't agree, don't try to get prod to start attacking my post because that's what you want to do. It's like you feed off my post!
ARES
6/1/2003  6:40 PM
I attack Stupidity and ignorance, don't get sensitive and offended. You got a opinion...fine...but when you start being a hypocrite and just being ignorant to spew your opinion then i am going to say something. Dont take it personal. i don't attack YOUR post. you make good points sometimes when it has nothing to do with Gundy, wrong or right but there are no hidden agendas, and hiiden truths to make a point. But when you start getting beligerent i will speak on it, as i hope someone will do for me if i decide you erase the truth to make a point. People are not trying to attack you, were trying to help. if i snached crack out your mouth would you call it a attack mryon???

As for the Glorified Assistant, I guess phil Jacskon,Popovich,Tomjanvich and Riley are glorified assistants to, hmmm they all started as assistants, like gundy and carlyse. they won what the last 14 rings.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
ARES
6/1/2003  6:43 PM
it is a very easy thing to go through life as a victim. put the crack down man it's time to get clean. I am willing to embrace you as a suspect, just let go of the half truths , contradictions, hidden agendas, and love\hate for gundy.
KARNIVORE
Member: #382
Nigeria
6/2/2003  3:23 PM
SHAWN & MYRON EMBRACING ??? rofl........
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
playa2

6/3/2003  7:06 AM
Ice(ares) there you go being the fake police(of forum) like"OLDEN POLONYCE". We have a moderator here his name is "MARTIN" All the guys you named are "VETERAN coaches who were assistants many moons ago, The guys I referred to as glorified assistants are the young pups in their 40's. RILEY AND JACKSON, TOMJANOVICH ARE IN THEIR 50'S AND HAVE PAID THEIR DUES.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
6/3/2003  10:29 AM
Notice Playa STILL hasn't answer Prod's post, lol.....
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/3/2003  2:39 PM
Prod, that was b-e-a-utiful! Ice nice backup work too. He will never answer Prod's points because as we know, he knows that Prod is right and there are no answers.

I have yet another question for Playa. When Riley got his job in LA was he not a 40-something assistant for Westhead? ANd When Jackson got his job, was he not Collins' 40 something-year old assistant? Shall I go on?

Virtually all coaches get their start being an assistant somewhere! It is the natural progression. Sometimes when you have a real rep, you can go straight o head coach (Magic, Bird, Isisah, Rivers). What matters most is not how you got the job is how you perform when you get there. What is your team's record? How many rings did you win? That is what keeps you coaching.

Basd on their records Carlisle and JVG deserve another shot. It is up to them to figure out how to get it and where to go to make it work for themselves! That is just smart. DId you complain when Jackson wne to LA to coach Kobe and Shaq rather than NY to coach a roster of overpaid 2nd stringers?
ARES
6/3/2003  3:39 PM
when some one critics his nonsense, he states they are forum police. the man has the worse case of denial i have ever heard of
Rick Carlisle Fired?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy