[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Do we get any compensation for Van Gundy?
Author Thread
rain
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #353
USA
5/30/2003  7:11 PM
If so what.. a draft pick? 2nd round?
AUTOADVERT
dadanyk
Member: #43
USA
5/30/2003  7:19 PM
i remember hearing he's still under contract with ny and that it ends in july or something like that, so if the cavs were smart they should wait till its up then try hiring him so that they wont have to give anything up...............
HIRE SPIKE LEE FOR GM JOB
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/30/2003  9:14 PM
Knicks wont get compensation. Knicks will just let it go. Its pointless to try to stop him at this point.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

5/31/2003  7:24 AM
I say make him wait until july 31, if he is gonna ruin somebody's franchise like cleveland get something from them . He walked out on us make him miss the draft ceremony on june 26th or pay up.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
falcindor
USA
5/31/2003  8:29 AM
Knicks had to give all those teams access to Van Gundy. I dont think you wanna piss off another team. Especially if you wanna ask for a trade later.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/31/2003  9:57 AM
Posted by falcindor:

Knicks had to give all those teams access to Van Gundy. I dont think you wanna piss off another team. Especially if you wanna ask for a trade later.

That could be something to think about.

But what about this compensation they are talking about. The Cavs, especially with Lebron comming over, will be stocked up with big time athletes at the 3 and 2 position. What are they gonna do about that? I'll take Darius Miles instead of a future pick thank you very much!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/31/2003  2:34 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by falcindor:

That could be something to think about.

But what about this compensation they are talking about. The Cavs, especially with Lebron comming over, will be stocked up with big time athletes at the 3 and 2 position. What are they gonna do about that? I'll take Darius Miles instead of a future pick thank you very much!

I would too. I think miles is going to be a player in this league, he just has to get the he** out of cleveland....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/31/2003  2:42 PM
Posted by rain:

If so what.. a draft pick? 2nd round?

Only compensation we will get for JVG is that he will go to Cleveland and screw LeBron up.
playa2

5/31/2003  9:35 PM
Well said VMART, another person "IN THE KNOW"
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Explosive23
Member: #184
United Kingdom
6/1/2003  11:53 AM
Van Gundy's not going to the Cavs now apparently. They've decided to hire Paul Silas.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/1/2003  12:38 PM
Posted by Explosive23:

Van Gundy's not going to the Cavs now apparently. They've decided to hire Paul Silas.

Yeah Silas would be better respected by the youngins out there.
He's gonna have trouble figuring out who is gonna start and where with Wagner, Lebron, Davis, and Miles.

Geez.....I'd take miles off their hands thank you very much. Would they take Othella and a second rounder?

Watch for Van Gundy to take the Houston job. All that team needs is a coach to make them focus on defense and the big man in the middle.....sounds like Van Gundy all over it. He could have the offense run through Ming and utilize the bodies they have to play the Pat Riley defense. I just had to take the quick cheap shot.

Let's just hope he gets signed before the draft so we can get flippin compensation.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
ARES
Member: #406
6/1/2003  5:35 PM
spree lemme help you and silas out,Lebron starts dude, davis starts. Wagner better be ready to start! and ilgauskes starts. it don't matter with anyone else.
look lets be serious when a team wins 11 games and you get the number one pick, High school or not that guy has to start and play right off the bat.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
ARES
6/1/2003  5:45 PM
man knicks fans are desperate, just ignorantly deperate, othella and a second round pick for miles. knick fan have this arrogant stupidity sometimes just like saying can i give you some used toilet tissue for your mecedes benz. A Second round pick in the nba is like giving your wife a card on your 25 th anniversarywith expansion, it is rare you can find quality talent, why do you think they have a D league. only a few can cut it in the NBA. Cleveland gave up a good guard andre miller, you thinkthey will give up miles for othella and a second round pick??? DIOS MIO....look man what can othella do that Boozer cant. at a younger age and cheaper price.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
ARES
6/1/2003  5:48 PM
from what i know miles is still on the rookie deal so cleveland would have to add at last another player to match othella. this only adds to the answer. no .
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/1/2003  8:53 PM
Posted by ARES:

from what i know miles is still on the rookie deal so cleveland would have to add at last another player to match othella. this only adds to the answer. no .

haha...come on dukes, let folks dream....LOL!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
falcindor
USA
6/2/2003  5:54 AM
Knicks arent going to get compensation. Cash at best. Needless cash, this is a billion dollar company. Knicks will get nothing in return.
playa2

6/9/2003  7:17 AM

Now the knicks want 2nd rd picks, or cash compensation for Beetle Juice. GOOD FOR THEM, Vandunce cost them a lot by even coaching for 19 games so get something for it.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/9/2003  10:06 AM
Posted by ARES:

spree lemme help you and silas out,Lebron starts dude, davis starts. Wagner better be ready to start! and ilgauskes starts. it don't matter with anyone else.
look lets be serious when a team wins 11 games and you get the number one pick, High school or not that guy has to start and play right off the bat.

I agree. This is not the NFL where you can keep your 1st round QB in the bench for 1 year to learn the game.
Do we get any compensation for Van Gundy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy