[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

No LJ talk
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/1/2001  11:44 AM
I can't believe it. All those articles and speculation about LJ, and not one topic started on it. Layden is definately shaping the team to what he really wants. Can't say he is isn't doing anything. I guess we can really say that Layden has complete control over the GM side of the Knicks. JVG would never let LJ be pushed off the team if he had his way. You can see in his comments to the press that JVG is biting his tongue over this whole scenerio.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
10/1/2001  12:31 PM
Posted by Andrew:

I can't believe it. All those articles and speculation about LJ, and not one topic started on it. Layden is definately shaping the team to what he really wants. Can't say he is isn't doing anything. I guess we can really say that Layden has complete control over the GM side of the Knicks. JVG would never let LJ be pushed off the team if he had his way. You can see in his comments to the press that JVG is biting his tongue over this whole scenerio.
Hmmm - LJ will be back, I guarantee it.
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
10/1/2001  12:37 PM
Andrew I have read all the articles in the last week regarding this issue and I have yet to take a stance on it because it is difficult ot form an opinion without knowing how healthy L.J is. The media and L.J. and JVG are giving mixed signals as to how healthy L.J is or how healthy they expect him to be. If he isnt healthy I think its time to cut ties with him especially with the addition of Spoon. If he is healthy than he should be a part of the supposedly "new 9 man rotation". I need to see JVG play 9 players consistently before I WILL believe that though.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/1/2001  12:52 PM
Actually I think LJ can stil play ball just not as good as he once was. Maybe a slow slow version of previous seasons. The thing that bugs me though is wasn't their mentions of a trade with Charlotte? DC for LJ where LJ would finish his career in Charlotte and he might even renegotiate his current contract to make it more attractive for charlotte to take him on. Didn't know what to think of it at the time but it puzzles me now more then ever. LJ can play, but not without medication which might lead to the kidney disorder Alonzo had. The choice LJ seems to be making is whether he'll want to be on meds for another three seasons or try to regain his health for his next career, coaching or something like that.
RemBee76
Member: #89
USA
10/2/2001  12:16 AM
Well, LJ failed his physical and is not going with the team to N.C.
He is expected to retire sometime this season.

Thanks for everything LJ, we'll miss you.
Its like a groupie website, or bitter ex-wives club. -Sebstar
john44
Member: #115
USA
10/2/2001  12:36 AM
Getting rid of LJ is a move the Knicks had to make, but he was nodoubt one of the best team players the Knicks ever had. He would pass up a shot everytime for someone else to have a better shot. Larry always tried his hardest and did not back down from taking a big shot and made many of them in the playoffs. Besides Starks LJ was my favorite Knick of all time and I will miss him if he is gone.
Matt
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/2/2001  4:04 AM
Grandma is my favorite Knick without a doubt. Maybe Dr.J comes to mind as well but that's a long time ago isn't it? I do remember though how ecstatic I was when I heard LJ was a Knick. I'll miss him if he doesn't play but I guess it's time to move on. Everybody is talking about how he put the team first so he might become a coach in the future, whaddaya think?
VG
Member: #68
Australia
10/2/2001  6:40 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Grandma is my favorite Knick without a doubt. Maybe Dr.J comes to mind as well but that's a long time ago isn't it? I do remember though how ecstatic I was when I heard LJ was a Knick. I'll miss him if he doesn't play but I guess it's time to move on. Everybody is talking about how he put the team first so he might become a coach in the future, whaddaya think?

I agree, he has always been one of our leaders on the floor so he could be an assistant-coach or something.
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/2/2001  7:46 AM
LJ really does have a big heart. To go from playing the 3 to the 4 spot, and not complaining, even with a bad back, to face All Star 7-ft PF's (or 6-11) on a nightly basis, and still defend as well as he did and make clutch shots, that's Knicks ball.
No LJ talk

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy