[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why the f**** is everyone on this site a hater?
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/5/2007  3:45 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:
Posted by Panos:
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Yall dudes don't see positive light on anything. The glass is always half empty for you. You starting to sound like miserable old men ( some of you in here are) that can't get it up any more...and quite frankly that **** is getting annoying. If it's not bashing Marbury sudden religious turnaround then its bashing Curry's physique. Half of you are fat white guys posting at this site allday from your jobs. Crawford even gained 20 lbs and instead of "the extra muscle will help with his driving" I hear " that muscle might slow him down". Fucking ridiculous. Yall aint ultimate knicks fans. Yall sound more like my roommate (Lakers fan).

"Half of you are fat white guys posting at this site allday from your jobs."
Don't tell me that wasn't intended to be an insult. So yes, referring to somebody's race in a derogatory way is racist.
Man up. Now your a racist and a revisionist coward.

I am not going to entertain your arguement because I clearly stated nothing I said was meant to offend anyone. I got white friends that I make fun of. As well as spanish, black, asian, indian, etc. I speak my mind, but if you honestly feel offended by my remarks then I apologize Panos

I guarantee you that if ANY other race was inserted in that statement of your other than "white" there would be a public outcry. I don't give a crap if you make fun of your friends. That's not a public forum. And I'm not your friend.

[Edited by - panos on 05-10-2007 3:58 PM]
AUTOADVERT
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
10/5/2007  3:51 PM
I think the reason you see more "hater" posts is that someone who is unhappy with their life will try and vent it out on a computer, imagining a sense of power after typing to strangers about a sports team.
Lovers are more accepting about their beloved team and even if it's ugly and cruel they'll make up excuses for it like a Lover would, hoping that it will come around.
-LoverMan

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
10/5/2007  3:54 PM
Posted by 93BUICK:

I think the reason you see more "hater" posts is that someone who is unhappy with their life will try and vent it out on a computer, imagining a sense of power after typing to strangers about a sports team.
Lovers are more accepting about their beloved team and even if it's ugly and cruel they'll make up excuses for it like a Lover would, hoping that it will come around.
-LoverMan

Can we go over your Mets thread posts the last couple of weeks?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
mythfaze
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #106
10/5/2007  3:59 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by 93BUICK:

-LoverMan

Can we go over your Mets thread posts the last couple of weeks?

Seconded. You don't see many Mets fans accepting their beloved team or making excuses for them at the moment.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/5/2007  4:12 PM
Posted by 93BUICK:

-LoverMan

You remind me of great song...
There's a devil waiting outside your door
(How much longer?)
It is bucking and braying and pawing at the floor
And he's howling with pain and crawling up the walls
He's weak with evil and broken by the world
He's shouting your name and he's asking for more

Loverman! Since the world began
Forever, Amen Till end of time Take off that
dress I'm coming down I'm your loverman
Cause I am what I am what I am what I am

L is for LOVE, baby
O is for ONLY you that I do
V is for loving VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING that you are
E is for loving almost EVERYTHING that you do
R is for RAPE me
M is for MURDER me
A is for ANSWERING all of my prayers
N is for KNOWING your loverman's going to
be the answer to all of yours

Loverman! Till the bitter end
While empires burn down Forever and ever
and ever and ever Amen I'm your loverman
So help me, baby So help me
I'm your loverman!

There's a devil crawling along your floor
With a trembling heart, he's coming through your door
With his straining sex in his jumping paw
And he's old and he's stupid and
he's hungry and he's sore
And he's blind and he's lame
and he's dirty and he's poor
I've him more

Loverman! Here I stand Forever, Amen
Forgive me, baby My hands are tied
And I got no choice No, I got no choice at all

I'll say it again
L is for LOVE, baby
O is for O yes I do
V is for VIRTUE, so I ain't gonna hurt you
E is for EVEN if you want me to
R is for RENDER unto me, baby
M is for that which is MINE
A is for ANY old how, darling
And N is for ANY old time

I'll be your loverman! I got a masterplan
To take off your dress And be your man
Seize the throne Seize the mantle
Seize the crown Cause I am what I am
What I am what I am I'm your loverman!

There's a devil lying by your side
You might think he's asleep
but look at his eyes
He wants you, baby, to be his bride
There's a devil lying by your side

Loverman! Loverman!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/5/2007  4:28 PM
Posted by 93BUICK:

-LoverMan
That fails to explain why many of the people criticizing the Knicks here don't criticize the Yankees in the Yankees' thread. If your theory held any validity, wouldn't we expect those angry with life to project their anger consistently?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/5/2007  5:50 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

There is nothing wrong with fans bashing the team showing there displeasure with all the losing. But its when people have to go out of there way to spin comments & quotes, post only one half of a comment or quote and hide the other part. Purposly creating misleading thread titles. Thats just pathetic to me in my eyes. There really is no need for that type of garbage. All you have to do is spit the facts. Isiah has spent a lot of money since he has become GM. Isiah has lost more than he has won.

There are fans that go out of there way to only post negative articles they find yet allways seem to miss the positive articles that are out there. Just like there are posters that only post positive articles and seem to miss all the negative articles out there. Basicallly only posting what they agree with and stay away from any other opinion that doesn't agree with theres. The definition of close minded.

Forgetting about the past. Going from what we have right now.

Looking at our roster Curry, Randolph, Richardson, Crawford, Marbury, Lee, Balkman, Nate, Collins, Chandler, Nichols, Rose, Morris, Jordan, Jones, James, Jefferies, the 2 free agent pick ups that probably don't make the team. Then looking at our cap situation for 07/08, 88.9mil, 1 expiring contract, 33mil over the salary cap, 33mil in lux tax. I think we could have a good situation. But I don't know if Isiah is the man to make it happen. He is to caught up in adding big names than forming a team with balance and an identity. There is some dead weight that needs to be cut like James & Rose. I would say that there is some tinkering that needs to be done in order to balance the roster. I want to see how Curry & Randolph play first, and how Crawford handles his new weight. Id prefer more rebounding, shotblocking, defensive anchor from the center position as well as a center that gets his pts without plays drawn for him. Hopefully Curry steps up or me personaly I would like to swap him for a young center who could do those things to put him with Randolph who can score a lot in the post. And pure SG who shoots at a better %, and more of a catch and shoot shooter.

If Curry & Randolph do work out well together as a scoring combo. Even if Curry doesn't develop his rebounding & shotblocking. Then around them has to be very good outside shooters to open up space for them. I like Nichols & Chandler, I think they will be good players for our future. Balkman & Lee are good for dirty work and hustle. I wonder though if Chandler has any ability to play the 2 though. Nate can nail 3s and score pts in bunches, Collins has good ability to create for the bigs and is good at stopping penitration. Richardson also would be a keeper for his 2 way ability and leadership. I think if you could add a very good PG to that core as well as a maybe a defensive, shotblocking, rebounding role playing big. We could develop into a very good team in the future. The question is, is Isiah the man to make that happen?
Now that's more like it. These are fair concerns and I can agree with some and disagree with other points, but I don't get the sense that you hate the team or wish them to do poorly or any of that other crap that seems to permeate this forum. In a perfect world, we would have a Defensive and Rebounding force at Center, to go along with a PF like Zach, but with more D. The thing is tho, that you can only really name a few select guys who fit that description and very few of them are on the same team. San Antonio, Detroit when they had Ben, Boston with KG and Perkins is somewhat like that IMO. You could include Miami with Shaq and Haslem, tho I wouldn't go crazy about that tandem. What we have isn't bad in comparison, even if they're not prototypical. I would say that they're still pretty effective and we have other players to help fill in some of the gaps. It's hard to make much of a case that we could've gotten better players. WHO? Exactly HOW were we supposed to get these rare players who fit the description of a prototypical C and PF, since that's basically what we'd be looking for.

We can't ignore the fact that for the last 2 seasons we've needed for not only the vets to do well, but we relied on rooks and soph's as well. We got mixed results, but in my mind, that doesn't mean this team stinks. i see it and have seen it as a developing team. Ever since the trade deadline deal for move Nazr, this team has been consistently adding more and more good young talent, so much so, that now the team is full of young talent. I think it's clear that this young talent is still in the process of developing. Lee and Nate are going into yr 3, Balk & Mardy yr 2 and Morris, Chan and hopefully DNic and Jorden would be rooks for the most part. That would mean half the team is under 25 yrs old. Expectations haven't been met but I don't think it's hard to see how this team is set up to finally reach it's potential. Yeah we all want to see it on the court, that's not saying anything profound, how else is that gonna be determined? Still it's not a crime to use a little forsight and project the kind of team this should be this year. If there are those who think this team won't be much better this year, I have to see that as an overly pessimistic view, since it's evident that there are many reasons to be optimistic about this season.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/5/2007  6:03 PM
Posted by nixluva:

Now that's more like it. These are fair concerns and I can agree with some and disagree with other points, but I don't get the sense that you hate the team or wish them to do poorly or any of that other crap that seems to permeate this forum. In a perfect world, we would have a Defensive and Rebounding force at Center, to go along with a PF like Zach, but with more D. The thing is tho, that you can only really name a few select guys who fit that description and very few of them are on the same team. San Antonio, Detroit when they had Ben, Boston with KG and Perkins is somewhat like that IMO. You could include Miami with Shaq and Haslem, tho I wouldn't go crazy about that tandem. What we have isn't bad in comparison, even if they're not prototypical. (1) I would say that they're still pretty effective and we have other players to help fill in some of the gaps. (2) It's hard to make much of a case that we could've gotten better players. WHO? Exactly HOW were we supposed to get these rare players who fit the description of a prototypical C and PF, since that's basically what we'd be looking for.

We can't ignore the fact that for the last 2 seasons we've needed for not only the vets to do well, but we relied on rooks and soph's as well. We got mixed results, but in my mind, that doesn't mean this team stinks. i see it and have seen it as a developing team. Ever since the trade deadline deal for move Nazr, this team has been consistently adding more and more good young talent, so much so, that now the team is full of young talent. I think it's clear that this young talent is still in the process of developing. Lee and Nate are going into yr 3, Balk & Mardy yr 2 and Morris, Chan and hopefully DNic and Jorden would be rooks for the most part. (3) That would mean half the team is under 25 yrs old. Expectations haven't been met but I don't think it's hard to see how this team is set up to finally reach it's potential. Yeah we all want to see it on the court, that's not saying anything profound, how else is that gonna be determined? Still it's not a crime to use a little forsight and project the kind of team this should be this year. If there are those who think this team won't be much better this year, I have to see that as an overly pessimistic view, since it's evident that there are many reasons to be optimistic about this season.

(1) How can you say they are "pretty effective"? Effective at what? What will be their point differentials against their opponents? Now try factoring into that not only the points allowed to their direct assignments, but also to the guards that will get free passes into the paint, cuz they can't average even a single block per game between them.

(2) How? Thru the draft! But instead we gave away a #2 and a #9 lottery pick, and wasted a #8 on Channing. Don't you think one of those three could have been used to pick a defensive stud?

(3) Under 25 doesn't mean much to me. What is their potential? Can you give me your expectations? I don't see any of those guys being all-star potential. That being said, I'd much rather go out there and watch the youngsters play and make their mistakes than the older guys slack off. I could get behind that, and not complain because I think the young guys give solid effort.

[Edited by - panos on 05-10-2007 6:07 PM]
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
10/5/2007  6:10 PM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by nixluva:

Now that's more like it. These are fair concerns and I can agree with some and disagree with other points, but I don't get the sense that you hate the team or wish them to do poorly or any of that other crap that seems to permeate this forum. In a perfect world, we would have a Defensive and Rebounding force at Center, to go along with a PF like Zach, but with more D. The thing is tho, that you can only really name a few select guys who fit that description and very few of them are on the same team. San Antonio, Detroit when they had Ben, Boston with KG and Perkins is somewhat like that IMO. You could include Miami with Shaq and Haslem, tho I wouldn't go crazy about that tandem. What we have isn't bad in comparison, even if they're not prototypical. (1) I would say that they're still pretty effective and we have other players to help fill in some of the gaps. (2) It's hard to make much of a case that we could've gotten better players. WHO? Exactly HOW were we supposed to get these rare players who fit the description of a prototypical C and PF, since that's basically what we'd be looking for.

We can't ignore the fact that for the last 2 seasons we've needed for not only the vets to do well, but we relied on rooks and soph's as well. We got mixed results, but in my mind, that doesn't mean this team stinks. i see it and have seen it as a developing team. Ever since the trade deadline deal for move Nazr, this team has been consistently adding more and more good young talent, so much so, that now the team is full of young talent. I think it's clear that this young talent is still in the process of developing. Lee and Nate are going into yr 3, Balk & Mardy yr 2 and Morris, Chan and hopefully DNic and Jorden would be rooks for the most part. (3) That would mean half the team is under 25 yrs old. Expectations haven't been met but I don't think it's hard to see how this team is set up to finally reach it's potential. Yeah we all want to see it on the court, that's not saying anything profound, how else is that gonna be determined? Still it's not a crime to use a little forsight and project the kind of team this should be this year. If there are those who think this team won't be much better this year, I have to see that as an overly pessimistic view, since it's evident that there are many reasons to be optimistic about this season.

(1) How can you say they are "pretty effective"? Effective at what? What will be their point differentials against their opponents? Now try factoring into that not only the points allowed to their direct assignments, but also to the guards that will get free passes into the paint, cuz they can't average even a single block per game between them.

(2) How? Thru the draft! But instead we gave away a #2 and a #9 lottery pick, and wasted a #8 on Channing. Don't you think one of those three could have been used to pick a defensive stud?

(3) Under 25 doesn't mean much to me. What is their potential? Can you give me your expectations? I don't see any of those guys being all-star potential.

You forgot the 2004 mid first round pick they gave up in the Marbury deal. To go along with the unprotected pick they'll be giving up in 2010.

It's very hard for people to understand that it's a players ceiling that's important, not his age. I'd rather have 5 guys with high ceilings than 5 guys who project as role players. But that's just me.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/5/2007  7:08 PM
This is a very good post Panos.
Posted by Panos:

Actually it's not that hard to assess how Zach and Curry do against their competition. We already know that Zach is a plus player and believe it or not so is Curry. Zach is a +8 and Curry a + 2.8 vs. opponents. As for the points that they allow, i'll say that it really hasn't been our bigs that have given up the points. We've allowed too many open 3's. Teams don't even really drive that much against us, cuz our guards back off of them so much and allow the 3. Teams hit for a high % from 2 and 3 against us, so why drive? The lack of blocked shots shouldn't be construed as allowing tons of layups. You would have to have a shotblocker like Camby and usually guys like that aren't able to focus so much on their own man, due to helping so much. In Denver's case if he wasn't there you'd see just how bad they really are on the perimeter. They've got us beat by a mile in terms of poor D.

In truth, if we committed fewer TO's that right there would help our D, in that we'd give up fewer fastbreak baskets. That alone would get us under 100ppg allowed. We'll have to see if Curry and Zach can improve a bit on D and at least be in position if not block, then deter a shot or two this year.
Posted by Panos:

NO, not really. How many defensive studs have come out of the draft? Tyrus can block shots, but he's not a defensive stud, he's just really athletic. Skiles is already complaining about his work ethic again this year. He has yet to make the improvements that would warrent him getting more minutes. So the jury is still out on him being a difference maker. If you combine his blocks and scores, he still wouldn't add up to the plus production you get from a guy like Zach or Curry. Unless you're talking about Ben Wallace in his prime, it's hard to make a case for a primarily defensive center/forward.
Posted by Panos:

(3) Under 25 doesn't mean much to me. What is their potential? Can you give me your expectations? I don't see any of those guys being all-star potential. That being said, I'd much rather go out there and watch the youngsters play and make their mistakes than the older guys slack off. I could get behind that, and not complain because I think the young guys give solid effort.
I'm not really concerned right now about All Stars. I think we've got players who are capable of playing at that level or just below that and with several of those guys we can have a winning team and eventually a finals team. No different than a Bulls or Pistons type of team. We also haven't had much to go on yet with most of our kids having 2, 1 or 0 years put in so far. It's still kind of early.

I understand your points tho and you're not wrong, I just think that we need to be a bit more open minded towards the talent we have and give it a chance. You can throw out the LB season, so really we're basing this on one year so far. Since most of the players that are here now have come in the last 2 seasons. We can't forget that. I think year 2 under Isiah is gonna be better all the way around. The team has grasped some of what he's teaching and now he can build on that some more this year. Surely no one thinks this was a finished product. This team still has lots of upside to it.
Papabear
Member: #1414

10/5/2007  7:40 PM
Posted by 93BUICK:

-LoverMan

Papabear Says

You are so right.

Papabear.

Papabear
Papabear
Member: #1414

10/5/2007  7:43 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by 93BUICK:

-LoverMan
That fails to explain why many of the people criticizing the Knicks here don't criticize the Yankees in the Yankees' thread. If your theory held any validity, wouldn't we expect those angry with life to project their anger consistently?

Papabear Says

Take a good look at the Yankees then take a good look at the Knicks. What do you see????

Papabear

Papabear
Member: #1126
USA
10/5/2007  7:48 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Yall dudes don't see positive light on anything. The glass is always half empty for you. You starting to sound like miserable old men ( some of you in here are) that can't get it up any more...and quite frankly that **** is getting annoying. If it's not bashing Marbury sudden religious turnaround then its bashing Curry's physique. Half of you are fat white guys posting at this site allday from your jobs. Crawford even gained 20 lbs and instead of "the extra muscle will help with his driving" I hear " that muscle might slow him down". Fucking ridiculous. Yall aint ultimate knicks fans. Yall sound more like my roommate (Lakers fan).

Suckbury can take his religion and go to hell for all I'm concerned. Your an idiot for living with a Lakers fan.
I'll never trust this' team again.
USA
10/5/2007  7:53 PM
Its OK man.. we are here for you and will support you while you work through these tough times.

yeah, sure
USA
10/5/2007  8:01 PM
Posted by Cookdcokehop:

First off you STFU. Don't get upset because I am stating the obvious. It is not misplaced anger, it is an observation. This **** has to stop. If not that then justify your constant negative remarks. Honestly the Knicks HAVE sucked for a while now, but you guys have so little optimism for the franchise you allegedly love so much. We sound like Clippers fan. I admit I did go kinda hard on my first post. I'm not trying to offend anyone, just simply trying to make a point.

What a load of crap!!! We been waiting for ten freak'n years now and you act like it's our fault the team is so ****ty. Are you kidding? And 'you don't want to offend anyone here'? You already offended people when you called everyone old fat white guys who couldn't get it up! I"m not old, fat and have no prob at all getting it, getting it up. What if that was true with someone here? You might owe someone an apology you frustrated Knick fan.
USA
10/5/2007  8:10 PM
Posted by BasketballJones:

Maybe should listen to Cookdcokehop. After all, he isn't the first to comment on the fact that this site has its share of negative posters.

RemBee has also chided and lectured us on our negativity. PrezIke has scolded us. Papabear even called us hatters. Now Cookdcokehop has gently suggested that we are bitter, impotent old men and that this has got to stop.

Of course, they could simply come here and post the positive information that they have, and state the reasons why they are so optimistic, but I'm pleased that they've also taken it upon themselves to try to show us the error of our ways and make us better Knick fans or, if that's not possible, to find other franchises to root for.

If the Knicks would do what thier suppose to do, if Isiah and Dolan would stop winning clown of the month awards, then you'd see all kinds of positive fans here. That would include me to. No one here has to be negative or upset if you don't want to be. And you don't have to be Mr. or Mrs. slap happy forgiving either, if you don't want to be. Suckbury is one character who you either love or you hate. 35 years of waiting for the fruits of a championship is a loooooong time to wait. LOL
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
10/5/2007  9:03 PM
Posted by Papabear:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by 93BUICK:

-LoverMan

Papabear Says

Take a good look at the Yankees then take a good look at the Knicks. What do you see????

Papabear

A well run organization and the worst run organization in professional sports. There are PLENTY of Yankee critics around, though. If his theory held any validity, the Knicks' critics would be among the Yankee critics too. But they aren't. And his theory doesn't.
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
10/5/2007  9:15 PM
I remained a Lover through the bitter end of the Met season. I went to the 2 last games and went through the highs and deep low.
Then after feeling awful for 3 days I regrouped and started watching the playoffs - reminding me that it's the sport that I like first, then my team second.
I know the Knicks have sucked for a while- ever since we traded Ewing, basically- and 99 was a mirage into the playoffs anyway- but I remain a lover because I find that a more fun approach personally. I imagine the "haters" find it more fun too- basically, it's a quesiton of philosophy-
Because when your team loses- that's all you have left- But when the team wins the philosophy goes out the window and you just watch and root like everyone else-
Most of the arguments on this board don't have to do much with basketball- they have more to do with a semantic argument on what's the proper fan approach for a losing team. That's why BRIGGS and DJ are the most interesting posters here because they manage to talk about the sport in the mist of all this losing.
Still- in the meantime- it's fun watching Mr.Earl and Islesfan bitch it out while we're waiting for the season to start.
Let me clarify the lover/loser position though-
While it is ok, perhaps even noble to constantly support your team with a well thoughtout (if overly optimistic) vision of the upcoming season (like Nixluva), us LOVERS should chill and not constantly take the bait from pessimistic fans. They love the same team we do and are not the enemy.
And the "Haters" I'm sure understand that most Knicks lovers also think Jim Dolan is awful and Jerome James is a horrible signing. The problem is unless Martin and Andrew get this site to produce Ebay-like revenue- We're not buying the team and we have to wait it out. In the meantime- ugly or not- Let's Go Knicks.
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
oohah
Member: #887
10/5/2007  11:18 PM
The funny thing about all this lover/hater bullshyt is the amazing lack of consistency, especially in the self-proclaimed (Did somebody say UK Mafia?) Hater camp.

During "The Season of LB", 95% of the so-called "Haters" were 100% percent on the other side of the logic they use to destroy Isiah daily: "It all about wins, Isiah hasn't posted a winning record".

Back during LB it was: "You can't judge him by wins, LB's breaking them down to build them back up, because he has a long range plan, it's more important to develop the youth than to win now". They took this theory to amazing lengths including imagining improvement for both the team and certain players (Crawford).

As I recall, when LB got his walking papers quite a few of UK Mafia stated in no uncertain terms that they were no longer rooting for the Knicks, they stated that they wanted them to lose now that LB was gone. Someone even started a thread about defecting to the Nets.

My biggest beef with LB was not the horrible record, but that he was not trying to win in any way, shape, or form. He was trying to wrest control of the team away from his employers and tanking when there was nothing to tank for. And because of that we are one year behind in development and true evaluation of the team and for that matter IT's GM'ing.

The strangest thing about that is the guys who apologized for LB's record all throughout that season and after, will hang that season on Isiah as one of the reasons he should be fired.

So you see, for many, it mainly is about who they like and not so much "The Knicks".

I don't care about Dolan, Isiah, or a single player on the Knicks when it comes down to it. My favorite player was traded when I was young, I've watched so many players coaches, GM's and Owners come and go I understand now that they aren't "The Team". The team is New York and I will root for them even if Dick Cheney takes over as GM.

I am not one who believes NYC is owed a great or even a good team. We would love to have one, but it isn't written anywhere that franchise A should be good and Franchise B should be bad.

What we are owed is the Knicks and its personnel trying their best to win. And that is why I do not kill Isiah. While I prefer good guys, his ego, attitude, or character are ultimately of no importance to me. We don't really know him or or the content of another person's character even if they look great in the media. Kobe Bryant was the golden boy for many years before his image downfall. Bill Russell is known for being quite the jerk as were Jordan, Isiah as a player, Bird, you name it.

And I believe that Isiah wants to win above all else. That is what drives him.

The way I see it there really are no lover or haters. If you hate your team and you want them to lose, then it really isn't your team. At the moment you route against your team at the opening tap, or you celebrate game-losing missed free-throws by the Knicks, or you are overjoyed about another team beating the Knicks at the last second, or try to cut down last second victories by the Knicks, at that moment, you really are no longer a Knicks fan.

I guess some might want to debate that, but I think that is silly.

In reference to the thread title, it's not that there are so many "Haters", it's just that they are given far greater latitude to insult and denigrate those who choose to simply root for their team, regardless of the circumstance. This is really just the latest incarnation of Brown-Nose Posse, Uk Mafia etc. You have to admire their dedication....I guess.

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 05-10-2007 11:28 PM]
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
TrueBlue
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #1172

10/6/2007  12:15 AM
oohah the distinguishing between LB and I SAY UGH was track record and since every loser in this organization uses mulligans, why couldn't LB get one? He may have dibbled and dabbled too much but it was with a mindset of changing the culture and creating a better long term one.

Interesting how he goes to Philly, advises Billy King on a few transactions, consults with Mo Cheeks on a few coaching adjustments and Philly proceeds to play better ball than us over 50gms after they gutted their team of it's better players.

He didn't like our roster, thought I SAY UGH would cater to him more and when he saw I SAY UGH was married to/sleeping in bed with the BUMS he threw a little temper tantrum, who wouldn't? LB gets fired and I SAY UGH proceeds to act upon some of the requests LB made don't you find that interesting.

You fail miserably trying to use LB as a hypocritical comparison.

[Edited by - TrueBlue on 10-06-2007 6:17 PM]
LMFAO @ the Bio [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephon_Marbury[/url]
Why the f**** is everyone on this site a hater?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy