[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Giants Talk Thread
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
9/13/2007  2:43 PM
BTW, under the radar signing for the Giants this week was Madison Hedgecock. Big lead blocking fullback from the Rams. Rams were going in a different direction at FB (they drafted B. Leonard, and are looking to the FB as more of a recieving option) and let Hedgecock go. He could make a big difference for the Giants running game.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/13/2007  2:54 PM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by TMS:

i saw Kiwanuka getting torched by Whitten all game long... he should be put back to DE & we need to bring in a veteran like a Jeremiah Trotter (not sure if he's signed yet) to take his place.

Pierce led the team in tackles last year & made the Pro Bowl... he's our best LBer bro.

Pierce was getting torched as often on Sunday. I'm serious. Remember the play that Dallas beat us last year...the pass to Whitten? Pierce got burned big time and Demps whiffed coming from the back end. Pierce's level of play went WAY down last year...lots of tackles aren't necessarily an indicator that you're a good player.

[Edited by - VDesai on 09-13-2007 2:29 PM]

[Edited by - VDesai on 09-13-2007 2:31 PM]

i'm telling u man, give him some more support in the LBer & secondary & he won't have to be running all over the field trying to cover for other people's mistakes... look at what we have surrounding him right now... it's a joke... other than Gibril Wilson, everyone else stinks to high heaven.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
9/13/2007  2:56 PM
TMS...I agree. The Giants just don't have the personnel on D. Pretend you are another team...and then ask yourself what NY Giant defensive starters you'd like on your team. Its a short list.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
VDesai
USA
9/13/2007  3:00 PM
Pierce is blowing his own responsibilities too. He was great from the bye week in 2005 up until the point where he got injured. A true difference maker. But he's lost a step after the injuries. He just has not been the same player and has been a liability in coverage (and you can't say he shouldn't be in coverage- that's part of his responsibilities out there, though I agree the other Giants LB's aren't great in coverage either).
VDesai
USA
9/13/2007  3:01 PM
Eli didn't practice again today...just tossed to the side. If he doesn't practice tommorow its almost certainly gonna be Lorenzen on sunday.
TMS
USA
9/13/2007  3:35 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Pierce is blowing his own responsibilities too. He was great from the bye week in 2005 up until the point where he got injured. A true difference maker. But he's lost a step after the injuries. He just has not been the same player and has been a liability in coverage (and you can't say he shouldn't be in coverage- that's part of his responsibilities out there, though I agree the other Giants LB's aren't great in coverage either).

i'm not denying he's been missing his assignments, but i think a lot of that has to do w/the complete ineptitude of the players around him on defense that forces him to try & compensate for their blown assignments as well... i personally don't see Pierce as a big part of the problem w/this D... it all starts w/the lack of a pass rush, & then compounds itself w/the crap we have in the secondary.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
9/13/2007  7:07 PM
Bill Bilichick will be the next Giant coach after this year. I want him to be a giant and he should be given the chance that Bill Parcells screwed him of. I will never forgive Parcells for retiring to late in the off season. He allowed the Giants to lose Billichick to the Browns with his delay tactics. If Billichick stays the defense doesn't miss a beat and mostly there would have been another run made by Big Blue but Parcells the Bastard that he is wasn't going to allow this because it might have ruined his giant legacy so instead we the giant fans got stuck with Ray F'ing Handley.
TMS
USA
9/13/2007  7:47 PM
i'll only want Belicheck if he promises to keep the cheating techniques on the DL.
VDesai
USA
9/16/2007  8:23 PM
Unfortunately Belichick get an extension according to some reports. We're gonna be in for a long year. The Pack won in week 1, but looked BAD. We made em look like world champs today. This year is starting out like a nightmare.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/16/2007  8:32 PM
This team sucks donkey balls. I say five or six wins is about right.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
9/16/2007  8:52 PM
Giants are aweful their offense took a big step backwards. Especially Shockey. This guy is an azz clown. He takes the fun out of everything that the team does that is positive. Please get rid of him and start to get no nonesense type players in. Half of these guys on the Giants are malcontents with bad attitudes, undiscaplined and unwilling to learn new things. They are set in their ways. Its unfortunate they made Coughlin change his strict ways now the inmates are running the asylum just like it was under Fassel. I'm hoping that the Giants find their way somewhere it starts to click and they start taking off. But with the way the defense performs I highly doubt that they will make anything positive happen all year long. If the Giants want Kiwanuka to be LB then they need to run a 3-4 defense because these linebackers really suck and they need to fill that space they leave open much better. This way Kiwanuka can do one thing and one thing only and that is rush the passer and stop the run forget coverage because that will not be his strong point.
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
9/16/2007  11:31 PM
i can't wait for coughlin to be fired
#Knickstaps
TMS
USA
9/17/2007  12:58 AM
what a waste of $90 bucks to go that stinker... that was a complete embarassment.

tank the season countdown officially starts now... this team ain't winning jack & they're not gonna make the playoffs w/this pathetic defense.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
9/17/2007  9:29 AM
VMart....I'm with you on Shockey. Guys got great talent, but takes stupid penalties and has had some very bad drops over the years. Add in a questionable attitude (not always the most positive teamate). I hated his reaction on the bench after the "spike", sort of like oh well...
PURE KNICKS LOVE
TMS
USA
9/17/2007  12:09 PM
Posted by SupremeCommander:

sorry to say i can't disagree w/u there... six wins might even be stretching it... another lost year... let's hope there's a dominant OLB in the college ranks we can nab in the draft next year.
VDesai
USA
9/17/2007  1:38 PM
Posted by TMS:

what a waste of $90 bucks to go that stinker... that was a complete embarassment.

tank the season countdown officially starts now... this team ain't winning jack & they're not gonna make the playoffs w/this pathetic defense.

Could be worse, you could've coughed up over 2 G's for a pair of season tickets like a certain idiot who shall remain nameless...
TMS
USA
9/17/2007  2:32 PM
ouch... i feel for ya bro... if i'd known u'd be at the game i woulda met up w/u for a little tailgate action... at least we coulda enjoyed the pregame.
VDesai
USA
9/17/2007  4:07 PM
Posted by TMS:

ouch... i feel for ya bro... if i'd known u'd be at the game i woulda met up w/u for a little tailgate action... at least we coulda enjoyed the pregame.

I'll be at all the games tailgating this year, so if the Giants somehow get good and you make it out for another game lemme know.

On a side note, I think the O-LIne has played well (a lot of people were apprehensive of Diehl at LT and I think he has been above average so far), and the offense, if they can screw their heads on straight, should be good all year. I dunno if personnell changes are gonna help the defense, but they've got to be better than this. Maybe a couple more week and Strahan rounds into shape (and Osi gets healhty) and we can start applying more pressure on the QB. We gotta get Tuck out there as much as possible- he is the lone bright spot so far on this D.
JohnWallace44
Member: #910
USA
9/17/2007  11:29 PM
frustrating team... that's about all there is to it.

The offense at full health should be able to score at will, Tiki or no Tiki. They aren't consistent enough though for basically no reason.

The Defense is so bad, its hard to watch the games. Remember when we had corners who could cover all day, but couldn;t make plays on the ball? That doesn't seem so bad now huh?
Alan Hahn: Nate Robinson has been on a ridonkulous scoring tear lately (remember when he couldn't hit Jerome James with a Big Mac in early January?)
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/18/2007  12:49 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by SupremeCommander:

sorry to say i can't disagree w/u there... six wins might even be stretching it... another lost year... let's hope there's a dominant OLB in the college ranks we can nab in the draft next year.

I was talking about this with my buddy earlier tonight... where do you begin? The entire secondary is garbage. Both OLBs suck. Antonio Pierce is all heart and on a good team he is great, but he's like 5'2" and when OLBs suck, his lack of physical gifts are completely exposed. The pash rush in theory should be good, but thats God awful and is contributing to how terrible the secondary is.

The Giants need:
2 CB
1 SS
1 FS
1 WLB
1 SLB
and a pass rush... I'm not sure if new coaching will fix that problem or linebackers that can get to the QB, or if the team doesn't have the DL depth I thought it did coming into the season.

So, OLB is a natural conclusion of what the Giants need. But you could make claims for pretty much every position on the defense.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Giants Talk Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy