[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Giants Talk Thread
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/21/2008  12:57 AM
no doubt, this team is up & coming w/all this great youth... i just hope they're able to hold onto them going forward... we got Tuck signed longterm... better lock up the other kids & keep this core together.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/21/2008  1:28 AM

jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
1/21/2008  8:53 AM
in the words of the late great rick james,"its a celebration bitches!" OH YEAH! Superbowl baby. i thought that we would barely make the playoffs and here we are. vdesai, you predicted right saying this team was better. hard to believe that in the beginning of the season, media picked the giants to land last in the division. and now we are superbowl bound. WHOOOOOO!!!!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/21/2008  3:45 PM
Posted by jazz74:

in the words of the late great rick james,"its a celebration bitches!" OH YEAH! Superbowl baby. i thought that we would barely make the playoffs and here we are. vdesai, you predicted right saying this team was better. hard to believe that in the beginning of the season, media picked the giants to land last in the division. and now we are superbowl bound. WHOOOOOO!!!!

Thanks man- of course I made the assumption that some guys were gonna step up- Coach Spagnuolo, Tuck, Kiwi, Jacob, Smith, Ross and mainly Eli, and maybe he waited a while but he saved his best for the most important times. I have 100% confidence in him right now. Was there any doubt Eli was going to be able to drive us and get us into a position to win at the end there? It's too bad Tynes missed the regulation gamewinner cause Eli made some nice throws to get us there.

It's a little unreal right now still- beating the top 2 seeds on the road- 2 teams that gave us a lot of problems earlier this year. But man, this team has really come together. Ever since that Pat game they have showed an enormous amount of guts and heart and they are completely focused on the goal at hand.

Bring on the Pats! They didn't see Bradshaw the first time around!
TMS
USA
1/21/2008  3:46 PM
Posted by TMS:

10 wins is very optimistic considering we have a G starting at LT & lost our best player in the offseason... plus Strahan is coming in w/o any training camp & another year older...

i love the G-men but i'd be completely shocked if they managed any more than 8 wins this season.

they definitely proved me wrong.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TMS
USA
1/21/2008  3:47 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Go back and re-watch that Dallas game and tell me if you really wanna keep Antonio Pierce. All talk and no action. Guy got beat in coverage repeatedly all last year and in the last game.

Don't get me wrong, he's had some good stretches here, but you ever wonder why we're so soft in the middle of the field at times?

V, any change in your opinion about Pierce? he made 1 of the biggest plays of the season in that game yesterday w/his solo stoppage of a screen pass that woulda sustained a big drive by the Pack.
TMS
USA
1/21/2008  4:01 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

just felt this needed to be bumped. *cough*
VDesai
USA
1/21/2008  4:21 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by VDesai:

Go back and re-watch that Dallas game and tell me if you really wanna keep Antonio Pierce. All talk and no action. Guy got beat in coverage repeatedly all last year and in the last game.

Don't get me wrong, he's had some good stretches here, but you ever wonder why we're so soft in the middle of the field at times?

V, any change in your opinion about Pierce? he made 1 of the biggest plays of the season in that game yesterday w/his solo stoppage of a screen pass that woulda sustained a big drive by the Pack.

That was an all time play- no doubt. A legendary play I will remember for all my life. And I like his leadership.

But, to me his so slow in coverage...a couple times they completed easy plays over the middle where Pierce's outstretched arms couldn't come close to breaking up the play. He does a lot of things well- he gets people in position, he stuffs the run reasonably well- but he gets caught up in blocks and gets beat in coverage because of his physical limitations. And now conisdering his age and past injurty I think we do need to start thinking about who his heir apparent is. I'd still take a couple LB's early in the draft, or invest in another playmaking LB to put next to him in FA- i.e. Karlos Dansby.

But I think Pierce can still be the MLB for another year or 2. But you can see the biggest weakness in our D is the middle of the field right in between where the LB's have to cover and where the safeties can come over. I think we have to upgrade Butler too, but Michael Johnson looks like a player that can step in.

TMS
USA
1/21/2008  6:40 PM
i agree w/u... Pierce is nearing the end of his prime, no question... i think the heir apparent to the MLB position can possibly be Kawika Mitchell while moving Gerris Wilkinson to the OLB position... i'd also like to see Zach Deossie get some snaps in the LB corp also... he's been great on special teams... i definitely wouldn't mind drafting more depth at the position but i think our main need is in our secondary w/o a doubt... Webster has been huge this postseason & Ross looks like a keeper, but we could definitely use a shutdown corner to strengthen our pass coverage... i like Gibril at safety against the run but he gets burned way too much on deep routes... Butler's the same story.
mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
1/21/2008  7:00 PM
Eddie Murphy was right down to the last play!!!
BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
VDesai
USA
1/21/2008  7:04 PM
The way Webster are and Ross are playing I would be pretty comfortable with them as the starters, with Dockery as a nice nickel/dime and a vet like Madison to help out. I'd take a chance on developing an athlete and see where we go form there rather than use another premium pick on corner. We've drafted corner so high in recent years at the neglect of other positions that we've had to make patchwork. And by those positions I mean LB and safety very specifically- we've used maybe 1 day 1 pick on those positions since 1998....I think Gerris Wilkinson in the third was it.

Kenny Phillips from Miami would've been a nice pick at safety, but he will go too early for us. I think we'll be in position to get a nice player like Dan Connor.

They will have some choices to make because a) Kawika Mitchell is an FA, b) Gibril Wilson is an FA.

I think Gibril you make every effort to resign unless someone overpays ridiculously. I think Michael Johnson competes for a spot and you also draft a guy.

At LB, I think you let Mitchell walk- he did a great job as a 1 yr/1 mil guy, but he's also a bit limited in coverage and will merit a big pay increase based on his solid play this year. Unless you feel he has long term potential somewhere its hard to keep him, because Wilkinson sure looked like a playmaker stepping in for him a couple times this year, so you at least have a fallback I don't know that DeOSsie will be ready for next year since he is still startin from the ivies, but he certainly has potential. I think you pencil Kiwi back in at LB cause he was starting to look like a playmaker there, and you can always keep rotating Tuck in at DE and DT. I would also take a look at Karlos Dansby- terrific playmaking LB from the Cardinals. He is a player who can change a D IMO.

I also think you focus on a DT....I like Cofield, but we can do a little better- a big space eating run stuffer would help open things up for Robbins and Tuck rushing the passer.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/21/2008  7:14 PM
I'm still celebrating the Win. Great game and win my heart stopped a few times but it was more the drama the more the intrest was setting in. Great win Super Bowl bound.
TMS
USA
1/21/2008  7:23 PM
Posted by mattshaw78:

Eddie Murphy was right down to the last play!!!

LOL! good one... 1 of my alltime favorite movies.
TMS
USA
1/21/2008  7:55 PM
DAMN SCAVENGERS!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01212008/sports/giants/alford_overcomes_bad_snap_254567.htm
It's quite possible defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who has made a huge impression in his first year with the Giants, will not come back for a second.

The Falcons, still without a head coach, remain interested in Spagnuolo. The Giants and Spagnuolo last week agreed that the time was not right for him to interview with the Falcons during preparation for the playoffs.

When the Giants' season ends, Spagnuolo will be free to travel to Atlanta to speak with the Falcons. Reports also have surfaced that the Redskins have targeted Spagnuolo to replace Joe Gibbs as the head coach in Washington.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/21/2008  8:05 PM
Posted by TMS:

DAMN SCAVENGERS!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01212008/sports/giants/alford_overcomes_bad_snap_254567.htm
It's quite possible defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who has made a huge impression in his first year with the Giants, will not come back for a second.

The Falcons, still without a head coach, remain interested in Spagnuolo. The Giants and Spagnuolo last week agreed that the time was not right for him to interview with the Falcons during preparation for the playoffs.

When the Giants' season ends, Spagnuolo will be free to travel to Atlanta to speak with the Falcons. Reports also have surfaced that the Redskins have targeted Spagnuolo to replace Joe Gibbs as the head coach in Washington.

Just make him an offer like Cowboys did with Garrett.

MaTT4281
USA
1/21/2008  11:45 PM
Man, I still get nervous even watching the replay of last night.

(And on a side note, I came across some 10 second videos that may be a week old, but are classic none the less)

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/24/2008  3:35 PM
G-MEN!!!!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/24/2008  4:22 PM
I love this song!!!
MaTT4281
USA
1/27/2008  12:52 AM
"Take your men of steel out into the fight
and show the men of stealing signals that the trophy still belongs in Gotham City."

How can you not absolutely love Ryan Parker's songs?
TMS
USA
1/27/2008  12:59 AM
This is our year boys... 18 long years & we're gonna be celebrating w/a ticker tape parade in a few weeks.
Giants Talk Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy