[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Giants Talk Thread
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/19/2007  5:02 PM
The Giants need to draft a QB... I'm done with Eli unless he impresses me in the postseason.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/19/2007  5:03 PM
Posted by jazz74:

i knew this would happen. i wonder why they have a difficult time winning at home? well, if they make the playoffs, they won't have to worry about playing at home. it was a bad lost on the field and off since shockey is out for the season. he has done so much this season like the little things to help us win, particularly blocking. i think our backup is that rookie mathews and he is strictly in there for blocking so look for us to run even more the next couple of weeks. the bills will be tough since they are still, i believe, in the playoff hunt. however, we should definately win this game. manning again needs to step up.

I hope Kevin Boss gets a chance... I think he can be a quality weapon. I guess we'll see if I'm right.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/19/2007  6:42 PM
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/21/2007  6:25 AM
If the giants don't beat the sucky bills they stink.

I have to watch these guys every week , they have two backup QB who think they are starters.

Edwards can't throw the ball way down field and Losman isn't aaccurate with in mid range and touch passes.

All the giants have to do is jump the routes of the bills QB edwards , all he does is throw short passes the whole game.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
12/22/2007  2:59 PM
if we aren't built for this type of weather, our gm needs to be fired. that is bull. jacobs went to souther ill. so i know it snows there not to mention plax used to play in pittsburgh and toomer played for michigan and the giants for years. that is no excuse. they just weren't prepared and played sloppy. they better be on their "a game" sunday. they should have practiced in the cold and get their bodies used to it.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/24/2007  1:42 AM
It's about time they unleashed Bradshaw.
TMS
USA
12/24/2007  3:23 AM
man, that kid looked GOOD! i'm thoroughly impressed w/that break away speed he's got... a nice big play threat to complement Jacobs in the power running game... i have a feeling Bradshaw's gonna get a lot of touches next week vs. the Pats to save Jacobs from the risk of injury.

just a comment on Eli... once again he proves how small he comes up in big games... i'm so sick & tired of his constant mental lapses in the worst of moments... he almost cost us the game today if not for 2 great defensive plays that resulted in TD's... i've given up on hoping for any better from him at this point... this is what he is, a mediocre QB that has his good moments but in big games usually shrinks to the pressure.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
jazz74
12/27/2007  8:39 AM
well, i knew the giants would take care of business. though it is alarming that manning can't get it done in cold weather. maybe that explains his collapse in december and the playoffs. so the fact that we are going to tampa bay would be in our favor because of the weather. however, he better rectify this problem if he wants to continue to play for the giants. i like our chances against tb more than any other team though.
VDesai
USA
12/30/2007  2:15 AM
That was a whale of a game, and as much fun as I've had at the stadium all year. Obviously I wanted a win, and it was sorta crushing watching our lead slip away in the 4th Q., but to be that competetive against such a great team was about as much as you can ask for and a great confidence/morale boost going into the playoffs. Now this team knows in the back of their minds that they are capable of going toe to toe with anyone when they execute. And it was absolutely huge for Eli Manning to play as well as he did. 22/32, 250+ yards, 4TD vs. 1INT. That's the kind of performance he can build on after having a rough 2nd half.

I think we are more than capable of going on the road and beating Tampa and we should be able to hang with a Green Bay or Dallas. We have the firepower. I hope they take this game and really build some momentum from it.
TMS
USA
12/30/2007  9:52 AM
IMO it was a great 1st half in all phases of the game, from the playcalling to the execution to the effort being put forth from every player on both sides of the ball... Eli looked like his brother Payton in the 1st half, poised, in command, making every correct read & not panicking when things broke down.

in the second half, it was more of the same mediocre crap we've been witness to for the past several years... breakdowns in the secondary coverage, sloppy execution & confusion on offense, mental mistakes & costly drive killing penalties, overly conservative "playing not to lose" type playcalling.

would it have killed us to work in a gimmick play like a flee flicker at least once in the 2nd half? i mean what did we have to lose? we were up by 12 pts. against a team playing for history w/all that at stake... we didn't throw downfield even once the entire 2nd half after having had success w/it early on in the 1st quarter on that opening drive... this has been the Giants MO for the past few years... they look awesome on the opening drive & then completely go away from what got them that early success for the rest of the game... it makes me wanna bash my head through the wall sometimes.

this should have been a Giant win the way they played that 1st half... they started playing not to lose in the 2nd half & let down their intensity bigtime... the Patriots are a great, alltime team, but this game shoulda been ours.

a couple notes:

Tom Brady - just more proof why this guy is the best QB in the game... he's the modern day Joe Montana... a few years back i remember having a debate w/some idiots on the Metro Sports board over my contention that Brady was a lot better than Pennington.

Gerris Wilkinson - this kid was all over the place... he's really got some speed for an OLB... if Mitchell can't play next week i'm ok w/Wilkinson starting in his place after this performance

The Big Boss Man - this kid looks better & better each week... a HUGE target for Eli to throw to, has soft sure hands, & run blocks well to boot... Shockey's absence hasn't been felt at all thanks to this kid stepping up... let's hope he's not just another flash in the pan

whoever was in charge of covering Wes Welker - please hand in your cleats cuz the guy was left open all night long... if the plan was to eliminate Randy Moss' threat, you failed at doing so & still gave the Pats every 3rd down conversion cuz of Welker being left open... this was not 1 of Spagnuolo's finer games by a longshot.
VDesai
USA
1/2/2008  3:10 PM
Giants should win this game. Tampa is the best team in the NFC as far as points allowed on D and is 2nd in the NFL vs. the pass, but this is still a winnable game. They're linebackers are very light and it plays into the hands of Brandon Jacobs who should physically wear them down as the game goes on.

On D- We match up very well against Tampa who don't make big plays in the running game (Graham did a good job replacling Cadillac, but only 4.0 ypc and not a lot of big runs isn't very scary). Galloway can deep, but their other recievers are ordinary. In addition, Strahan, Osi and Tuck matchup very well with their OT's who are not great athletes. Our DE's need to be disciplined- can't let Garcia escape from their grasp and need to be prudent about knocking down passes and staying in his face when he has room to avoid the sack.

Tampa will try and dink and dunk us and we need to be able to tackle well and limit them from turning those things into big plays. They might frustrate us a bit early, but as the game wears on they will get into third and long situations.

Giants need to be smart- Tampa plays a cover 2 which is most week down the middle of the field. With Shockey out, the Giants need to establish Boss who looked great last week. Also get Toomer going over the middle where he can exploit the soft spots in the zone. Middle screens to Bradshaw might get us some big plays. And again, stick with Jacobs even if he doesn't get a lot of yards early, because he will wear them down.

Tampa forces a lot of turnovers- and tries to force a lot of fumble, so ball security will be an issue. Eli shouldn't try to force too many passes to the outside because they will have LB's sitting back in coverage and corners will jump the routes and all of Tampa's defense can catch.

Overall I think the Giants will use the confidence they got this past week and continue their success on the road. Eli should be unaffected by the weather and play a smart game, while Jacobs carries them on the ground. Hopefully the Giants contain Garcia in the pocket and lmit his ablity to freelance.

Giants 24- Bucs 13.
TMS
USA
1/3/2008  11:04 AM
Garcia always gives us fits... i wouldn't sleep on the Bucs... i think it's gonna be a very tight game... hopefully Eli can step up for once in the playoffs & carry his team to a W.
VDesai
USA
1/3/2008  11:19 AM
Posted by TMS:

Garcia always gives us fits... i wouldn't sleep on the Bucs... i think it's gonna be a very tight game... hopefully Eli can step up for once in the playoffs & carry his team to a W.

I'm not sleeping on the Bucs, but this a much better passrush than we had last year. And in 2002 we were dealing with T.O. Garcia doesn't have any scary, intermediate, safety valve type weapons. Ike Hilliard can catch the ball but he is far from a playmaker.

Giants have a lot more talent across the board than Tampa. If the Giants can't win this game than, point blank, Coughlin should be fired.
jazz74
1/4/2008  9:34 AM
i agree that we should win this game. however, garcia does pose problems for us. sure in 2002 he had t.o. but last year he did it with reggie brown and other no names ( except westbrook of course). he may not have the weapons like before but he gets it done. i hope manning can hold his own against this d. the key is the running game. you can run on this d. so jacobs needs to have a good game so the play action can work for short yardage on this team. i don't think this is make or break for coue he is the first giants coach since before parcells to have this team in the playoffs three consecutive years. however, he will still be under a microscope next season.
VDesai
USA
1/4/2008  9:47 AM
Posted by jazz74:

i agree that we should win this game. however, garcia does pose problems for us. sure in 2002 he had t.o. but last year he did it with reggie brown and other no names ( except westbrook of course). he may not have the weapons like before but he gets it done. i hope manning can hold his own against this d. the key is the running game. you can run on this d. so jacobs needs to have a good game so the play action can work for short yardage on this team. i don't think this is make or break for coue he is the first giants coach since before parcells to have this team in the playoffs three consecutive years. however, he will still be under a microscope next season.

On Garcia- Westbrook is a huge difference maker. He depends on throwing to his back to be effective and Westbrook made play after play for him after the pocket broke down. Here is what I posted that's different about Garcia this time:

I think a few things are different this time:

1) Garcia suffered a back injury at the end of the year that limited him into playing only 2 of the last 5 games. It has severely limited his mobility (0 rushing yards in these games, 4 sacks). He also hasn't exceeded 200 yds passing in those games.

2) Garcia doesn't have a safety valve target that can make plays after he scrambles like Terrell Owens or Brian Westbrook. Joey Galloway is great at grabbing the deep ball, but not on the underneath stuff. Hilliard can beat you underneath, but he doesn't have the speed or elusivness anymore to make any plays. Earnest Graham, the RB, is a workhorse, but not a big play guy at all. No plays more than 28 yds this year.

3) The Giants have a better pass rush this year than 2002 or 2006. And additionally, neither of those games featured Justin Tuck, who is an exceptional athlete that can run down virtually any QB's and also adds the added dimension of bringing pressure inside on 3rd downs.

Additionally- the Tampa run D is pretty good- 3.8 YPC, but they ahve fast playmakers to the outside. Key is pounding Jacobs up the middle and taking advantage of their light DT's and wearing down the LB's.

On Cough, he absolutely can't lose 3 first round games in a row. Too many things at work here:
1) Eli is not progressing in his offensive system and we have a lot committed- a loss here and its worth thinking about bringing in another system.
2) There is too much talent around him to suffer 3 straight choke jobs- being embarassed at home in 2005, losing a close but winnable game last year, and losing a game this year where I think we clearly have more talent would be difficult to justify.
You have to remember he's due for an extension- he's probably not gonna take the lame duck offer again, and if we are going to committ to him we need to be comfortable that he can win a big game in his tenure here. I like what he has done in a lot of respects, but the pressure is on for results now.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/6/2008  2:07 PM
As bad as Jacobs looked early on, guess who has 2 touchdowns?
VDesai
USA
1/6/2008  3:56 PM
That was a great game all around for the team. And the game ball goes to ELI. Smart, efficient game, no turnovers, great poise! Best QB play of the 6 who played up to this point, and all those other guys had QB ratings over 90 going in!

Second and third game balls to Corey Webster and Amani Toomer. Webster was great in coverage, blanketing Galloway all day and making a great pick. Toomer was the dependible WR again, making a ton of plays underneath.
VDesai
USA
1/6/2008  4:14 PM
By the way we hit the crap out of Garcia. As I said before the game, with that back injury he wasn't going to be able to get out of the pocket and he had no safety valves who could make big plays when hte play breaks down. That's exactly how it played out...Garcia rarely scrambled or got out of the pocket.
TMS
USA
1/6/2008  4:15 PM
couldn't have said it better V... Eli stepped up bigtime & proved my doubts about him wrong today... he really managed the game well & didn't turn the ball over, which was huge... gotta give him props.

& word up on Corey Webster... he stepped up bigtime replacing Madison today... made a couple huge plays that swung the momentum in our favor when the game was still up for grabs.

i also thought Ahmad Bradshaw really gave us a nice spark when our running game wasn't doing much in the 2nd half... he's a real nice change of pace to complement Juggernaut's power running game.

nice going Eli... ur about 50 lbs lighter today after u got that huge monkey off your back!

have fun watching the rest of the playoffs Ronde

[Edited by - TMS on 01-06-2008 1:15 PM]
jazz74
1/7/2008  9:45 AM
as i said before, this was a game that they should win and they did it. i was worried in the first quarter but then they definately turned it around. as good of a game as they had yesterday, they need to play better next week. the good news is that manning usually have good games against dallas. it will definately be a warm climate, just the way manning likes it. he must read the defense well and not force the ball. the last two games, he played well for a half and then after halftime he forces his passes. our defense must step up too. that offensive line is excellent so we have to find ways to exploit it. they protect romo like gold so that is why he picks us apart. now if owens is not playing ( which i can't see why he won't), then our chances increase because he is the only reliable big play receiver. he has killed us on the big play and we can't afford that to happen again. this will be a good game like the others and dallas has shown a chink in the armor the past month but this year i think dallas has our number.
Giants Talk Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy