[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Giants Talk Thread
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/28/2013  11:11 AM
2-6! We're climbing back to .300! Field goals and blown snaps! What a team!
We've been playing great run defense!

Coughlin may get an extension to make his retirement coincide with his 80th birthday!

Is there any chance we could get Detroit to give us that Megatron guy and some O linemen?

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/28/2013  7:03 PM
2-6... and two games out of first. Damn this division sucks
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/29/2013  1:58 PM
A coworker had asked if I would rather see the Giants suck and wind up with a top pick this year, or make a push towards mediocrity. Tanking doesn't have the same pull as it does in the NBA with only a two round draft - plus, **** the Cowboys. Let's keep this win streak going!
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/23/2013  3:34 AM
Dallas week and no one is talking giants?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SupremeCommander

11/25/2013  10:08 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Dallas week and no one is talking giants?

that's because the season is now over

jrodmc
USA
11/25/2013  10:26 AM
For the record, I did actually look at this thread last week.

That game was painful to even listen to. Thank you, Mr. Kiwanuka. Hit Slomo in the neck to negate a fumble recovery. And then Rolle follows that up by getting another personal foul and gives Dallas a TD.

We will win 5 in a row and miss the playoffs anyway!

SupremeCommander

12/1/2013  10:30 PM
Will Beatty is trash
jrodmc
USA
12/2/2013  11:05 AM
Oh look, Justin Tuck, the UFA, is playing for a contract with some other team. Nice.

Barring some miracle trades or low draft steals, we are in for a possibly long string of dark years leading up to Eli's retirement party...

jrodmc
USA
12/11/2013  9:43 AM
We just suhuck this season. Seriously.

Nice warm game against the Chargers. Fail.

SupremeCommander

12/11/2013  11:17 AM
jrodmc wrote:Oh look, Justin Tuck, the UFA, is playing for a contract with some other team. Nice.

Barring some miracle trades or low draft steals, we are in for a possibly long string of dark years leading up to Eli's retirement party...

should be good for a lower round draft pick so I'm okay with that

SupremeCommander

12/11/2013  11:18 AM
jrodmc wrote:We just suhuck this season. Seriously.

Nice warm game against the Chargers. Fail.

hopefully the genius Reese addresses positions that he has completely neglected over the years such as LB

jrodmc
USA
12/16/2013  1:14 PM
Correction: We don't even qualify for suhucking...

Can they/would they/should they get rid of Coughlin? Trade Eli? Move to Brooklyn?

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/29/2013  4:03 PM
This coming draft, I want the Jints to draft an OT, OF and C in the 1st 3 rounds. In the 4th round I want a TE. 5th round a RB. Then draft defense the rest of the way.
SupremeCommander

12/30/2013  10:21 AM
NYKBocker wrote:This coming draft, I want the Jints to draft an OT, OF and C in the 1st 3 rounds. In the 4th round I want a TE. 5th round a RB. Then draft defense the rest of the way.

I would like the O-line and D-lines retooled and for the team to finally have LBs

NYKBocker
USA
12/30/2013  1:47 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:This coming draft, I want the Jints to draft an OT, OF and C in the 1st 3 rounds. In the 4th round I want a TE. 5th round a RB. Then draft defense the rest of the way.

I would like the O-line and D-lines retooled and for the team to finally have LBs

If the NFL gods smile on the Giants this coming draft then I hope this is how it falls...

I want another Tackle. Will Beatty had a disappointing year but I think we need to ride him out next year due to his huge contract and hoping that this year was an aberration. However, I would move him to RT. He was I would move Pugh to LG. Pugh has done well but I think he can be a top flight G in the league.

1st Round 12th pick - No way Jake Matthews falls this far, but if he does then we pick him. Enter Cyrus Kouandjio of Alabama. He has all the intangibles and measurements. Dude is 6'6" 318 lbs and extremely light on his feet. He is going to be an elite LT in the future. Kouandjio is light on his feet, flexible, has broad shoulders and his arms are both long and strong. His weight is evenly distributed over his frame and he reportedly has just 16 percent body fat, an impressive number for any offensive lineman.
He is quick off the snap and has the lateral agility to slide left to right. Kouandjio uses his athleticism in pass protection well but he's even more impressive as a run blocker, consistently out-quicking defenders to create lanes. Kouandjio relies on good placement, strong hands and an explosive jolt to turn and sustain defenders.
Perhaps most impressive is that Kouandjio plays at different speeds well. He shows very good patience in pass protection but can fire off the ball when needed. He possesses exciting quickness and mobility when blocking on the move, traits Coach Nick Saban and his staff took advantage of by asking the LT to pull and lead RBs, on occasion.

2nd Round 44th pick? - Center is a big hole for the Giants this year. I hope the best Center is available. Travis Swanson of Arkansas. Another giant of a man at 6'4" and 318 lbs. Has the athleticism to pull in the running game. Able to seal off defenders from the action when blocking straight ahead. Can anchor well against strong run defenders. Good explosiveness to deliver his snaps and awareness in making line calls.

3rd Round - Now we get a Guard. Cyril Richardson of Baylor. Another mammoth of a man at 6'5" and 340lbs. He is all over the place in draft projections. Some have him at 2nd round but I think he will fall into the early 3rd round. He is not just a mauler as he also played LT the previous year.

I just fixed the OL for the Giants.

LT - Kouandijo
LG - Pugh
C - Swanson
RG - Richardson
RT - Beatty

Pat Flaherty with have these guys dominating next year.

4th Round - DE Aaron Lynch of South Florida 6'6" 245 lbs. He is on the light side but he should be able to add 20 more lbs in the NFL. I think he will be a sleeper. Transfer from Notre Dame. Runs a 4.76 40.

5th Round - RB Marion Grice of Arizona State 6'0" 207 lbs. Pretty good speed at 4.54. Excellent hands and extremely elusive.

The rest of the picks, I would get best available for TE, CB.

I know I that LB is also a need but with the emergence of Beason this is not as much as a need as last year.

SupremeCommander

12/30/2013  1:58 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

If the NFL gods smile on the Giants this coming draft then I hope this is how it falls...

I want another Tackle. Will Beatty had a disappointing year but I think we need to ride him out next year due to his huge contract and hoping that this year was an aberration. However, I would move him to RT. He was I would move Pugh to LG. Pugh has done well but I think he can be a top flight G in the league.

1st Round 12th pick - No way Jake Matthews falls this far, but if he does then we pick him. Enter Cyrus Kouandjio of Alabama. He has all the intangibles and measurements. Dude is 6'6" 318 lbs and extremely light on his feet. He is going to be an elite LT in the future. Kouandjio is light on his feet, flexible, has broad shoulders and his arms are both long and strong. His weight is evenly distributed over his frame and he reportedly has just 16 percent body fat, an impressive number for any offensive lineman.
He is quick off the snap and has the lateral agility to slide left to right. Kouandjio uses his athleticism in pass protection well but he's even more impressive as a run blocker, consistently out-quicking defenders to create lanes. Kouandjio relies on good placement, strong hands and an explosive jolt to turn and sustain defenders.
Perhaps most impressive is that Kouandjio plays at different speeds well. He shows very good patience in pass protection but can fire off the ball when needed. He possesses exciting quickness and mobility when blocking on the move, traits Coach Nick Saban and his staff took advantage of by asking the LT to pull and lead RBs, on occasion.

2nd Round 44th pick? - Center is a big hole for the Giants this year. I hope the best Center is available. Travis Swanson of Arkansas. Another giant of a man at 6'4" and 318 lbs. Has the athleticism to pull in the running game. Able to seal off defenders from the action when blocking straight ahead. Can anchor well against strong run defenders. Good explosiveness to deliver his snaps and awareness in making line calls.

3rd Round - Now we get a Guard. Cyril Richardson of Baylor. Another mammoth of a man at 6'5" and 340lbs. He is all over the place in draft projections. Some have him at 2nd round but I think he will fall into the early 3rd round. He is not just a mauler as he also played LT the previous year.

LT - Kouandijo
LG - Pugh
C - Swanson
RG - Richardson
RT - Beatty

4th Round - DE Aaron Lynch of South Florida 6'6" 245 lbs. He is on the light side but he should be able to add 20 more lbs in the NFL. I think he will be a sleeper. Transfer from Notre Dame. Runs a 4.76 40.

5th Round - RB Marion Grice of Arizona State 6'0" 207 lbs. Pretty good speed at 4.54. Excellent hands and extremely elusive.

I know I that LB is also a need but with the emergence of Beason this is not as much as a need as last year.

Beason is a UFA... I expect the Giants won't re-sign him, which I also think would be a H U G E mistake. Given their past track record though I'm guessing I'm right. They refuse to draft/spend on the position.

I like your OL plan but with one minor (or major, depending on your POV) change - I'd cut Beatty. I think he's a bum. Maybe he proves me wrong but I'd like to see that with him somewhere else.

I really like the idea of drafting Aaron Lynch too

NYKBocker
USA
12/30/2013  3:19 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

LT - Kouandijo
LG - Pugh
C - Swanson
RG - Richardson
RT - Beatty

Beason is a UFA... I expect the Giants won't re-sign him, which I also think would be a H U G E mistake. Given their past track record though I'm guessing I'm right. They refuse to draft/spend on the position.

I like your OL plan but with one minor (or major, depending on your POV) change - I'd cut Beatty. I think he's a bum. Maybe he proves me wrong but I'd like to see that with him somewhere else.

I agree with Beatty but I don't think they can cut him. His cap cost is too high. It will cost the team $8M. I think moving him to RT will solve some problems.

Beason, I really hope the re-sign him. It will be too stupid not to. It will be in the not-signing-Lin level of stupid.

Lynch I think will be a very good NFL DE. I also think Damontre Moore will have a big sophomore year. I am a little worried about JPP. The news around the league is that they did not put him in IR because they were afraid that he would not do physical therapy on his own. Also, hopefully Tuck will give a huge hometown discount...if not then he should retire.

What do you think of Grice? I think he can do the things that Wilson was expected to do. I think Wilson might be done. That neck problem is bad specially for a RB.

As for the TE...I also hope that Jacob Pederson TE from Wisconsin is available in the 6th round for the Giants. He is like a smaller and faster Jake Ballard.

SupremeCommander

1/2/2014  9:24 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

LT - Kouandijo
LG - Pugh
C - Swanson
RG - Richardson
RT - Beatty

I agree with Beatty but I don't think they can cut him. His cap cost is too high. It will cost the team $8M. I think moving him to RT will solve some problems.

Beason, I really hope the re-sign him. It will be too stupid not to. It will be in the not-signing-Lin level of stupid.

Lynch I think will be a very good NFL DE. I also think Damontre Moore will have a big sophomore year. I am a little worried about JPP. The news around the league is that they did not put him in IR because they were afraid that he would not do physical therapy on his own. Also, hopefully Tuck will give a huge hometown discount...if not then he should retire.

What do you think of Grice? I think he can do the things that Wilson was expected to do. I think Wilson might be done. That neck problem is bad specially for a RB.

As for the TE...I also hope that Jacob Pederson TE from Wisconsin is available in the 6th round for the Giants. He is like a smaller and faster Jake Ballard.

I was really, really high on Wilson. I think I'd slot him in as a 3rd or 4th RB and pray that maybe he returns. He's so fast. I could see him maybe becoming Tiki Barber pt II but Tiki was durable. Now maybe Wilson fumbles like Tiki did but is made of glass. He scares me too much to rely on him at all

I don't know too much about Grice, truthfully. My immediate reaction is he's a baller but I haven't seen enough tape to tell you what I think. I will say that over the years the Giants have gotten burned by drafting top flight RBs and found gems in later rounds. Hopefully that trends continues and I'd be open to Grice

NYKBocker
USA
1/2/2014  12:33 PM
Here is a good clip on Grice vs UCLA in 2013.

North-South type runner.
Catches everything.
Good vision
Can pickup the blitz
Good lead blocker
Kickoff return specialist

I really like this guy.

NYKBocker
USA
1/2/2014  2:27 PM
What I don't get with these mock drafts that are out for 2014 from so called Draft Experts....all of them have the Giants not taking an OL. It's like they don't pay attention to team needs and go by draft value. At the 12 spot, I think the Giants can pick from best available OL. It can be OT, OG or C even though I am hoping for an OT.
Giants Talk Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy