[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Giants Talk Thread
Author Thread
jusnice
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2931
USA
12/17/2012  12:55 PM
God, this team is not consistent. We looked downright horrible yesterday. 3 way tie for the NFC east...this season is slipping. We absolutely have to win the next 3 games...
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/17/2012  2:17 PM
Wow. 50 point worldbeaters one week, ineligible for post season high school tournament play the next.

I believe anyone on this board could have run for 100 yards on the Jints yesterday.

We are rapidly taking this 'play beneath the radar and everyone's expectations' a bit too far...

jrodmc
USA
12/18/2012  12:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Try the sour grapes, they're a great dessert after that crow pie...

Hardly eating crow, never said they would win. Said it would be a close game and I was on the money. Not sour grapes either, didn't complain about the loss. Next time try talking trash before the game instead of waiting for the outcome. Weak.

same

as for tonight, I am again hopeful that Eli can throw for 510 yards and Victor Cruz can get another 179, because with all the injuries there are tonight it is going to be tough. Cam Newton is the Terminator

Why don't you both find me some more clips of those incredible Buc's hits in the secondary now? Hmmmmm...

And as for talking shit before the game,

jrodmc wrote:
CashMoney wrote:We will crush Tampa next week....no doubt.

I am a Giants fan and I approve this message.

Lose, and then whine about an elite QB having an elite game <------- this is weak.

Agreeing with someone isn't talking trash, you should know that since you do it more than any other poster on this board. I tried to talk some football with you but you weren't having it. You waited until the game was over to unload on the Bucs and you still can't even bring yourself to admit that they were a challenge. Hell, Giants had an easier time beating the Pats in the superbowl.

Giants go up against a team that was 4-12 last season, with a new coaching staff, a rookie starting RB, safety and LB, against the World Champion and you wait until after the game to talk smack. Weaaaaaak. I don't talk trash when I'm right, not something I've done on this board and I've had plenty of opportunities. You read those complimentary things I said about your team but you see what you want to see. Again, weak.

1) You post smack vids before the game
2) You lose
3) Instead of meekly STFU, you talk about what a great challenge your team is.
4) You mention how the Giants only win when Eli plays like Johnny Unitas.
5) You use third grade recess smack lines like "you should know"
6) "Unloading" consisted of me pointing out simply that your vid clip secondary was lit up like a Christmas tree
7) You set the rules for talking trash. Nice. So trash talk is reserved specifically for only the most lucid losers, is that your point?

Hit that skin with some sandpaper. Might help.

If I had said "this is what we're going to do to you" I would agree that it was a "smack vid", just backing up my point that you that it wasn't going to be a cakewalk and I was right wasn't I?

I pointed out before the game that I was worried about the secondary so its hardly bragging now is it? I was right about that as well. Hell I was right about everything that happened in this game except the pass rush. "I approve this message? That isn't trash talk, your response in that quote is your usual trash talk because you were "meekly" waiting to see what happened. Looking forward to the rematch

So then it's okay if I post some smack vids before we beat you in the playoffs?

If you make it to the playoffs, the Giants are going to plant your 27th-place azzes into the ground, dig a moat around your team, and fill it with piss. All while polishing our rings while your rookie coach listens to yet another post-game lecture from our ancient and classic coach.

That's more like it!!

So much for my trash talking prognosticating. Looks like neither one of us are going to the playoffs now...

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/30/2012  2:04 PM
Giants probably out of the playoffs... can't believe I'm saying this but most of this lies with the Giants pass rush. Also, with Perry Fewell. He kept rushing only four despite the fact the line was average. Offense hasn't been any good the past few weeks but the line and running game were getting rebuilt on the fly and should've been expected heading into this year
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
jrodmc
USA
12/31/2012  9:18 AM
Whoever was on with Carl Banks during the post game made a great point about the deficiencies of the offense, and then Carl Banks (who had just spent 10 minutes destroying the Gints D) agreed.

Too many opportunities in way too many games where there was no capitilization in the red zone. Whoever he was (Mark Melusis?) gave example after example where Eli just didn't come through; 3 and out. No ELIte grade for the whole body of work this year.

Banks pointed out that the O was too confined and predictable, and that added to the constant pressure Eli was always under.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled .700 Knicks coverage.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/16/2013  11:17 AM
A lot of HC jobs out there. Question. Why can't Jim Fassel get a job? I thought he was a good coach.
jrodmc
USA
1/17/2013  9:45 AM
I don't get why a coach who took us to a Super Bowl doesn't get a flier somewhere else, either. He was at least better than Ray Handley.

1997 10-5-1 1st in NFC East#
1998 8-8 3rd in NFC East
1999 7-9 3rd in NFC East
2000 12-4 1st in NFC East#
2001 7-9 3rd in NFC East
2002 10-6 2nd in NFC East
2003 4-12 4th in NFC East

Good story, but dated:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/sports/football/jim-fassel-still-waiting-for-second-chance-as-an-nfl-coach.html?pagewanted=all

By 2003, however, Fassel was on his way out after a pair of losing seasons and one playoff meltdown — squandering a 24-point third-quarter lead against San Francisco in 2002. With his team 4-10, he announced on Dec. 17 that he would resign after the season, knowing he almost surely would have been fired anyway. To most observers, it was a classy move by Fassel and one that would usher in a new beginning, not an end.

By January 2005, however — after another year passed without Fassel getting a head coaching job — he became the Ravens’ offensive coordinator. Baltimore’s defensive prowess was well known, but its offense had stagnated; if Fassel could revive it, the thinking went, he would again become a prominent head coaching candidate.

“He would have been able to write his own ticket,” Mara said.

Instead, the Ravens fizzled. In 2005, Baltimore ranked 25th in the league in points scored and Boller, after missing seven games with turf toe, finished the season with 12 interceptions and a quarterback rating of 71.8.

When things did not improve early in the 2006 season, Fassel had a messy parting with the Ravens. He said he stepped away because “the situation was different than what had been described,” while Billick announced that Fassel had been fired.

“That, to me, was as big a factor as anything” in what has happened to Fassel, Mara said.

Billick admitted that the parting put a strain on his relationship with Fassel — Fassel said the two have not spoken since — but he still calls Fassel “a friend.”

Billick added that he did not believe Fassel’s time in Baltimore should be seen as a cause for his not being a head coach; rather, Billick said, the landscape for hiring coaches has changed. “It’s a general manager’s league now,” he said, pointing to the two recently fired coaches, Tony Sparano in Miami and Todd Haley in Kansas City.

Guy sounds like he's turned into sort of a bonehead, and not too many GM's I guess have patience for boneheads. Billions of dollars on the line.

NYKBocker
USA
1/17/2013  10:01 AM
I also read somewhere that Fassel was a womanizer and a reason for not getting hired. Kinda weird.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/17/2013  11:44 AM
NYKBocker wrote:I also read somewhere that Fassel was a womanizer and a reason for not getting hired. Kinda weird.

oh wow. I always heard that there was some dirt on him but they would never say what makes sense now. He went to the SB. You would think he'd get at least 1 more job

SupremeCommander

1/20/2013  11:40 PM
these playoffs have made it pretty clear that the giants need a te and linebackers
VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

1/21/2013  4:04 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:these playoffs have made it pretty clear that the giants need a te and linebackers

TE? We won a Superbowl last season with Jake Ballard as our starter; Martellus Bennett, or whoever else, is perfectly acceptable as our starter. Where we really need help is every level of our defense and on the offensive line. Hopefully, the answers at OL and DB are already on the roster and will be solved by a combination of cutting dead weight, giving younger players a chance, and staying healthier. And I have faith in JR that he'll be able to fix the DL enough through free agency and the draft to cover up some of our problems at LB.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
SupremeCommander

1/22/2013  1:21 AM
VCoug wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:these playoffs have made it pretty clear that the giants need a te and linebackers

TE? We won a Superbowl last season with Jake Ballard as our starter; Martellus Bennett, or whoever else, is perfectly acceptable as our starter. Where we really need help is every level of our defense and on the offensive line. Hopefully, the answers at OL and DB are already on the roster and will be solved by a combination of cutting dead weight, giving younger players a chance, and staying healthier. And I have faith in JR that he'll be able to fix the DL enough through free agency and the draft to cover up some of our problems at LB.

Reese keeps neglecting LB... but really what I meant is the Giants need the personal to win the battle of the middle of the field. The Ravens don't impress me at TE but Boldin was effectively occupying the middle. How much better did the Giants look when bennett didn't disappear? he may be more talented than Ballard but Ballard was certainly more reliable. The Giants have nothing up the middle on defense. The line was awful and the secondary was exposed especially when the safeties had to cover for a really, really, really bad LB corps.

gunsnewing
USA
1/23/2013  4:51 PM
Reece going to sit down with LB Manti Te'o

They absolutely need a stud LB. OL, DB & DL will be fixed later in the draft

NYKBocker
USA
1/28/2013  3:58 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Reece going to sit down with LB Manti Te'o

They absolutely need a stud LB. OL, DB & DL will be fixed later in the draft

We really do. The LB spot has been ignored far too long in the draft. Te'o is a stud LB but I am afraid of the extra stuff that comes with him.

I am interested to see where Alec Ogletree falls. Would Reese consider him at the 19th spot?

SupremeCommander

2/6/2013  10:16 PM
Bradshaw, Canty, and Boley cut?!?! Webster might be too. I take it the Giants are trying to lock up Nicks and Cruz long term (thank you Jeebus)
jrodmc
USA
2/7/2013  8:28 AM
$14 mil in cap space.

Heal that leg, Andre Brown! Buy more of that finger glue, Mr. Wilson!

VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

2/7/2013  5:53 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:Bradshaw, Canty, and Boley cut?!?! Webster might be too. I take it the Giants are trying to lock up Nicks and Cruz long term (thank you Jeebus)

Will Beatty also.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
gunsnewing
USA
3/14/2013  7:52 AM
Knicks suck but at least Lawrence Tynes is finally gone!
jrodmc
USA
3/21/2013  12:37 PM
I don't have the patience or ambition to look it up, but how many other teams win it all, and then miss the playoffs for 2-3 years?
Just about every time we make the biggest dance on the planet, we disappear.

Coughlin should be in the HOF just for getting us to the playoffs immediately after the 2007 win.

NYKBocker
USA
4/4/2013  1:11 PM
Manti Te'o....If he is available at 19...do you think the Giants should pick him?
Giants Talk Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy