[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yankees Talk thread
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/5/2022  2:14 PM
The Bird is BACK! No room at first base on the big club, but he's going to Scranton!
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
USA
5/10/2022  11:45 AM
Best team in baseball. For the moment. Still, that pitching is nice, now that our 300 million dollar man is fixed.

And still, nobody wants Brett Gardner...

jrodmc
USA
5/13/2022  10:13 AM
Nothing like walloping the piss out of someone! LMAO!

Some scribe pointed out that the Yanks scored more runs than Harden had points last night!

jrodmc
USA
5/17/2022  9:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/17/2022  9:51 AM
Dayum! Winning like this is fun! Historic!

New York (26-9) is off to one of the best 35-game starts in franchise history. Only the 1939 and 1928 teams, at 28-7, were better at this point.
jrodmc
USA
6/6/2022  12:03 PM
It's unreal, the picayune ways this team can find to win! HBP, first baseman stealing bases, Detroit just sucking incredibly at simple fielding plays...

If Hicks, Gallo and even DJ start really hitting the way their supposed to, things could get even more interesting.

I'd obviously be thrilled if it did, but this pitching cannot stay at this level much longer...

jrodmc
USA
6/9/2022  10:34 AM
Twins figured out Nasty Nestor's delivery? That doesn't bode well.

Didn't realize how many arms we have on the DL. Hopefully we have an over abundance of quality pitching coming back.
Be interested to see how Chapman handles not being "the man".

jrodmc
USA
6/10/2022  10:09 AM
Only the Yankees could afford to pay a guy 300 mil to set records giving up home runs...

And also have a guy like Gallo who either hits home runs or strikes out. While batting like ****.

Gotta love that Minny band box though. I remember Strawberry hitting something like 4 homers there in one game, back in the day...

jrodmc
USA
6/13/2022  8:05 AM
I'm a Cubbies fan! At least a fan of getting them on the schedule more! LMAO!

And political correctness strikes again. First it was Nestor's nasty nickname, and now apparently Homer Sterling can't call Higashioka's home runs "getting Higgy with it".

This civilization is going downhill without brakes of any kind.

jrodmc
USA
6/15/2022  9:33 AM
We goin to DisneyWorld!

Man, this team is fun. Winning is good. And Clay Holmes is scary good. That bullpen, when it gets completely healthy, is going to be deranged.

BingBong
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #9036

6/17/2022  10:41 AM
jrodmc wrote:We goin to DisneyWorld!

Man, this team is fun. Winning is good. And Clay Holmes is scary good. That bullpen, when it gets completely healthy, is going to be deranged.

No kidding. I've been a baseball and Yankee fan for about 65 years and counting (didn't start watching until I was 4 yrs old). Throughout my life I've always kept a game on the radio or TV if available, but I don't sit in front of a TV the whole game. It's nostalgic just to have it playing in the background. In the past, I would stop everything I'm doing if George Brett was up to bat, or Donnie Baseball or Edgar Martinez (just because I loved his hitting style), etc., but for the most part it's been background stuff as I go about my business.

But these Yankees right now, I keep finding myself sitting in front of the big TV from the opening pitch to the sound of Sinatra crooning "these little town blues...". Everything about this team is exciting and Judge is this decade's Babe Ruth. Now if we could just get Gallo back on track...holy ****!

jrodmc
USA
6/20/2022  8:41 AM
BingBong wrote:
jrodmc wrote:We goin to DisneyWorld!

No kidding. I've been a baseball and Yankee fan for about 65 years and counting (didn't start watching until I was 4 yrs old). Throughout my life I've always kept a game on the radio or TV if available, but I don't sit in front of a TV the whole game. It's nostalgic just to have it playing in the background. In the past, I would stop everything I'm doing if George Brett was up to bat, or Donnie Baseball or Edgar Martinez (just because I loved his hitting style), etc., but for the most part it's been background stuff as I go about my business.

But these Yankees right now, I keep finding myself sitting in front of the big TV from the opening pitch to the sound of Sinatra crooning "these little town blues...". Everything about this team is exciting and Judge is this decade's Babe Ruth. Now if we could just get Gallo back on track...holy ****!

You've got about 10 years on me, but I still remember as a 7 year-old going to the old stadium from Jersey City with my home-made Bobby Murcer banner. Grew up listening to Phil Rizzuto and his inane birthday call outs, keeping box score on an old legal pad. My dad was such a dedicated fan, he managed to get my wife into it (who normally hates sports) and now she sends me updates on the score if I can't listen or watch the game myself. I had my youngest daughter doing John Sterling impersonations when she was 3.

This team is special, and winning like this when you've got 3 starters batting like ****, it's incredible.

Too bad we couldn't sweep Toronto, but the bullpen was due to let one go sooner or later. Would have been nice to win a slugfest like that though...

BingBong

6/20/2022  9:39 AM
Yeah, yesterday was a let down. I thought they had it in the bag until Castro gave up that slam. I had too much faith in our bullpen I guess. Castro has some wicked stuff, but he's still a little erratic with his control.

Even though I listened to the radio as a young kid and followed the Yankees I didn't really get into it hard until my teen years. I remember when Greg Nettles came up and I used to scream at the radio or TV because he couldn't catch a cold. I called him "stone hands". But within a couple years he became an incredible third baseman. Love the old days when George went out and got Catfish and Reggie. Blew my stack watching Danny Tartabull turn into "Danny Terrible"...still, not as bad the signing of Ellsbury or Pavano. Then there was the moment we signed Brien Taylor, the high school kid who could throw 100 mph and once killed a flying bat out of the air with a stone...got into a fist fight and never made the big club. Ended up as a UPS shelf stocker before joining his father as a brick layer And there was Bam Bam, and Bye Bye Balboni, and Mick the Quick, etc. Great memories

I lived in Binghamton for most of my adult life and ran into Billy Martin a few times at bars. Got a signed ball by him. Quite the character. Nice guy if you didn't try to ruffle his feathers. There's a picture in a bar called "The Relief Pitcher" in Binghamton in which Billy, Mickey, and Whitey are sitting at a table in the bar with a really busty blonde laying her abundant breasts on both sides of Mickey's neck. All three were wasted as is obvious in the photo and really captures those three guys...LOL

Anyway, I'm ramblin and reminiscing. Hopefully, the Yanks stay on this crazy run with no injuries to key players for the rest of the season.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2022  12:12 PM
BingBong wrote:Yeah, yesterday was a let down. I thought they had it in the bag until Castro gave up that slam. I had too much faith in our bullpen I guess. Castro has some wicked stuff, but he's still a little erratic with his control.

Even though I listened to the radio as a young kid and followed the Yankees I didn't really get into it hard until my teen years. I remember when Greg Nettles came up and I used to scream at the radio or TV because he couldn't catch a cold. I called him "stone hands". But within a couple years he became an incredible third baseman. Love the old days when George went out and got Catfish and Reggie. Blew my stack watching Danny Tartabull turn into "Danny Terrible"...still, not as bad the signing of Ellsbury or Pavano. Then there was the moment we signed Brien Taylor, the high school kid who could throw 100 mph and once killed a flying bat out of the air with a stone...got into a fist fight and never made the big club. Ended up as a UPS shelf stocker before joining his father as a brick layer And there was Bam Bam, and Bye Bye Balboni, and Mick the Quick, etc. Great memories

I lived in Binghamton for most of my adult life and ran into Billy Martin a few times at bars. Got a signed ball by him. Quite the character. Nice guy if you didn't try to ruffle his feathers. There's a picture in a bar called "The Relief Pitcher" in Binghamton in which Billy, Mickey, and Whitey are sitting at a table in the bar with a really busty blonde laying her abundant breasts on both sides of Mickey's neck. All three were wasted as is obvious in the photo and really captures those three guys...LOL

Anyway, I'm ramblin and reminiscing. Hopefully, the Yanks stay on this crazy run with no injuries to key players for the rest of the season.

Oh this is awesome stuff, thanks

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jrodmc
USA
6/22/2022  10:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2022  1:23 PM
I hate losing games. Any games.

Although winning 20 in a row never did anything for the A's.

"Falling to 50-18". That looks as weird as it sounds.

Cashman will work a deal in the next two weeks to get Isaac Paredes. If for no other reasons than to help out Nestor the Nasty, and because Sterling will have a great home run call for this guy.

Damn, it's bad enough listening to the sad replacements for Sterling during away games, but the fact that Susan Waldman gets even more chatty is making it almost unlistenable. I said almost.

jrodmc
USA
6/24/2022  9:04 AM
Win playing small ball. Win pitching duels. Win walloping the piss out of people. Win coming back the hard way, with 4 runs in the 9th against the 2nd best team in baseball.

Did I already say this is fun?

For God's sake, give Judge whatever he wants. Just make sure part of his new contract ensures his Yankee uniform has to be tattooed onto his body. LMAO

BingBong

6/26/2022  7:31 PM
I really thought they'd get no-hit in back to back games for their first time in history. I was working outdoors with the game on and came in when it was 3-3 (I left in the 7th when it was 3-0) so I stopped everything and watched and about went nuts when Judge did it again...just wow, wow, wow
jrodmc
USA
6/27/2022  11:53 AM
Un-freaking-real. They even win perfectly symmetrically! 1 run homer, 2 run homer, 3 run homer!

Sure hope Gleyber isn't hurt seriously. Looks like he only twisted his ankle, but you never know. Tough way to end an inning.

CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
7/9/2022  12:26 PM
I love watching the Yanks kick the crap out of the RedSux in Bawston.

2 down 2 to go and hope we sweep.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
BingBong

7/11/2022  9:40 AM
CashMoney wrote:I love watching the Yanks kick the crap out of the RedSux in Bawston.

2 down 2 to go and hope we sweep.

Well...that didn't work out so well. Nothing worse than watching the Sox gloat as if they've won the World Series because they split with the Yanks in a 4 game set

BingBong

7/21/2022  8:53 AM
I love that they used their first pick in the draft to get Spencer Jones. Some say he's a clone of Judge, but left handed. Eerily similar stats as Judge when he was drafted. Now if he can develop into a MLB player, what a pair of 6'7" bookends in the outfield

https://nypost.com/2022/07/20/yankees-see-first-round-pick-spencer-jones-as-five-tool-talent/

Yankees Talk thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy