[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yankees Talk thread
Author Thread
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1126
USA
8/14/2007  7:51 PM
Posted by TMS:

at least the '98 team still holds the record for games won in a season including the postseason.

125 is pretty impressive.
I'll never trust this' team again.
AUTOADVERT
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
8/15/2007  9:11 PM
Torre is going to Mo way too much at this point of the season. Way too much. I understand these are big games but he clearly looks overworked.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/16/2007  1:54 AM
he usually has a dead arm period around this time of year... but i agree, he needs a little rest... he'll be fine... tomorrow Joba's primed & ready to go.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/17/2007  7:02 AM
Fucking Yankees, Reports Nation
August 16, 2007 | Onion Sports
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/****ing_yankees_reports_nation

BOSTON—Moments after the New York Yankees continued a month-long stretch that has seen them climb from the bottom of the AL East to pull within a once unfathomable four games of the first-place Red Sox by defeating the Baltimore Orioles Monday night, stunned and enraged baseball fans across America took a moment to shake their heads in disbelief and curse dejectedly at the relentless inevitability of Yankee glory.

"Fucking Yankees," said Marshfield, MA resident and longtime Red Sox fan Lawrence Broberg, echoing the sentiments of thousands of men and woman across the nation. "Every year. Every goddamn year."

The Yankees, coming off a decisive three-game sweep of the Central-leading Indians, have won nine out of their last 10 games, catapulting them to the top of the wild-card standings, restoring the team's infuriating confidence, and instilling a sinking sense of impending misery among all non-Yankee fans.

"It's like they can't lose," said Connecticut resident Gerry DiCenzo, who could only watch helplessly as the Yankees overcame a late Orioles rally to win their fourth straight. "They literally cannot lose. Suddenly no one can beat the Yankees. The Red Sox suck. The Orioles suck. Everyone sucks. Everyone suddenly sucks when they play the Yankees."

"Unbelievable," DiCenzo added. "Un-****ing-believable."

Sparked by the recent returns of phenom starter Phil Hughes and slugger Jason Giambi, the Yankees have their full roster healthy and together for the first time since April, which fans around the world have solemnly realized is perfect timing for the stretch run.

"It seems like every time the [sports] ticker comes up, they're winning 10-1," said Chicago resident Jeremy Killian. "You knew this was going to happen. You knew. Right when they got Clemens back, you ****ing knew."

"Every time," Killian continued. "Every time with this ****ing team. It's the same damn thing every time. You just, they never go away. You can't give them an inch. You cannot give them one inch."

"And Jeter…" Killian added, watching as the Yankee shortstop drove home the winning run in the bottom of the ninth with a softly tapped ball that barely dribbled past the pitcher's mound. "Fucking Jeter."

As the Yankees remain hot in August, the team continues to rely on GM Brian Cashman's strategy of stockpiling cheap, young pitching and assembling a group of talented role players to surround the team's superstars. In recent weeks, rookie reliever Joba Chamberlain and newly acquired utility man Wilson Betemit have stepped up and delivered in clutch situations, much to the frustration of nearly everyone.

"You got ****ing Abreu all of a sudden going 3 for 4 every night," Boston citizen Mark Baker said of the Yankees' recent surge. "Fucking Giambi's back. A-Rod's hitting 500 ****ing home runs a night. Posada, that bastard. You got Matsui, who's a Red Sox killer. Then there's Shelley Duncan, who no one even heard of till three weeks ago. Guy never hit a home run in his life, he puts on pinstripes and suddenly he's Babe ****ing Ruth."

"And this Melky Cabrera guy," Baker added. "Where did this ****ing guy come from? Him and Cano. They got guys coming out of the ****ing woodwork."

"Fucking Yankee fans must be loving this," said New York resident and avid Mets fan Dave Julian, muting the Yankee broadcast to temporarily silence the grating sound of Yankee cheers. "The smug ****s. And those Yankee announcers. Why don't they root a little harder? They make me sick. Michael Kay. Bet Steinbrenner's laughing it up. Bought himself another ****ing championship."

Although the Yankees' schedule becomes tougher in the coming month, with multiple series against the Tigers, Angels, Red Sox, and Mariners, most baseball fans have resigned themselves to the fact that the season is "pretty much ****ing over."

"What the **** can you do?" said Detroit citizen Terry Grey. "Every call. The Yankees get every break, the bounces all go their way. It's luck. They're lucky. They're so ****ing lucky."

"Stupid," Grey added. "It's all stupid. Why play the whole ****ing season if this is what's always going to happen?"

Despite the mixture of anger, resentment, and disbelief that has surfaced across the country during the Yankees' recent hot streak, most fans have been able to take some solace in the fact that the Yankees will be eliminated by the Angels in the first round of the playoffs.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/17/2007  10:14 AM
^ only MS can top a post with more stars.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
USA
8/17/2007  1:33 PM
Bought himself another ****ing championship."

this is the type of sheer ignorance that really exposes some of these haters as not knowing WTF they're talking about... this resurgence has occured NOT because the Yankees spent $28 million on signing Rocket or wasting $43 million on a bust like Igawa or $22 mil on a washed up Moose... it happened because they were SMART enough not to trade away their best prospects the past couple seasons, who btw those same haters were calling garbage just a few months ago, & now those prospects are here helping the team w/a renewed spirit & energy that this team was sorely lacking.

"buying championships"? lol... maybe in the late '70s they may have a case w/bigname acquisitions like Reggie, Catfish & co... but the dynasty teams of the late 90's & 2000 were built on a strong nucleus of homegrown talent & some very smart & cost effective veteran acquisitions that complemented one another perfectly... it was when they started spending huge bucks on bigname FA's like Giambi & Moose that they suddenly stopped winning championships... so all this "buying championships" nonsense really needs to stop.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/20/2007  6:16 PM
went to the yankees game friday night vs. the tigers.

sat in the bleachers...and the creatures are back. i've sat in the bleachers about 3 other times this year, but not within the past month. they didn't let them chant or do anything fun like it used to be...but friday, it was different (in fact, i think it's been back to normal the past month).

the dude with the cowbell was back, all the creatures were wearing hawaian shirts. they did chants every other inning including the "hoooooo......" chant with the cowbell.

4 idiots came out decked in red sox gear - they got booed by the entire bleachers.

a kid, about 12 years old, walks up the stairs with a verlander jersey, as he's walking up people are screaming "hey kid, santa's fake." "hey kid, santa claus is dead."

joba runs into a standing ovation. and after every pitch, we all turn around to look at the scoreboard for his mph - he hit 100 twice.

fun times. i have tix to the redsox series so that should be bananas, especially if the yanks are within 3 games by then.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/20/2007  6:28 PM
the dude with the cowbell was back, all the creatures were wearing hawaian shirts. they did chants every other inning including the "hoooooo......" chant with the cowbell.

"Yankee baseball, Mets suck, red sox suck, Everett sucks, box seats suck, everyone sucks!"
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
djsunyc
8/20/2007  8:56 PM
btw, also friday night as gagne blew ANOTHER game, the entire bleachers begin a "e-ric gag-ne" chant. awesome.

huge 3 game series against our kryptonite in anaheim.
TMS
USA
8/21/2007  2:49 PM
Freakin' Halo's own us.
Allanfan20
USA
8/21/2007  4:44 PM
And this years Orioles = Tampa Bay from a couple of years ago. If that's the case, we have some more games against Baltimore and that could really hurt us. We really really have to step up against the Os. I'm not terribly worried about the Angels. I still think we can match them and take this series.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
8/21/2007  5:22 PM
Posted by TMS:

Freakin' Halo's own us.

Great game though. I was up til 2am watching that game. Had a sinking feeling when we didn't score in the 10th inning.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/21/2007  8:26 PM
Chamberlain looks amazing. With the young pitching the Yankees have, I'm actually excited about the team's future and I wouldn't view it as a disaster if the team didn't make the playoffs this year. I wish Cashman was one-tenth as good at acquiring veterans as he is at drafting young players.
djsunyc
8/21/2007  11:46 PM
mussina is a douchebag.
TMS
USA
8/22/2007  12:30 AM
& a half

God, why did they sign this guy to that extension? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?
Bonn1997
USA
8/22/2007  3:53 AM
I hope Mussina is not with the team next season. I don't want to see him starting 20% of the games.

Betemit should be our every day first baseman now. I like Phillips but Betemit is a better player.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
8/22/2007  11:32 AM
GO SEATTLE!
Bonn1997
USA
8/22/2007  2:02 PM
Seattle's losing 8-0. Maybe we can get a game back today. I hate 10PM games.
Allanfan20
USA
8/22/2007  2:09 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I hope Mussina is not with the team next season. I don't want to see him starting 20% of the games.

Betemit should be our every day first baseman now. I like Phillips but Betemit is a better player.

I'd say Phillips gets the nod just for defense. I like Betemit a lot too actually, but Andy doesn't have an error at first base this season!

And yes, Mussina is swine this season.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/22/2007  2:11 PM
i don't follow them that closely. someone please explain what's been the deal with mussina this season?
Yankees Talk thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy