[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

My turn to fix the Knicks...
Author Thread
prodson
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #395
Colombia
5/16/2003  12:30 PM
nybocker i just think it would be best for everyone... if the knicks would continue to be a lottery team until maybe 2006.

besides if mcdyess comes back and milos plays for the knicks then won't that be good enough?

all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/16/2003  12:38 PM
Posted by prodson:

nybocker i just think it would be best for everyone... if the knicks would continue to be a lottery team until maybe 2006.

besides if mcdyess comes back and milos plays for the knicks then won't that be good enough?

I agree just imagine if we had deafted wisely 2 years ago and last year kept our pick and take Amare and still have a lottery pick this year... We would be well on our way to building a real team..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Pike
Member: #403
5/16/2003  12:39 PM
Prod, I think Antonio has given new meaning to the word... "if".
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/16/2003  1:30 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by prodson:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree just imagine if we had deafted wisely 2 years ago and last year kept our pick and take Amare and still have a lottery pick this year... We would be well on our way to building a real team..

I don't want to be in the lottery that long. Being in the lottery doesn't guarantee prosperity. Look at the Clippers.

I agree that Layden made a terrible mistake with the McDyess trade. I was in the silent minority that disliked the trade at the time it was announced. (I am a Camby fan). I wanted Layden to pick Nene, Wilcox, Amare in that order. OK, so I screwed up on Wilcox, but you get the jist.

With these moves we still keep our lottery pick and pick up some bonafide players in Cassell and Tim Thomas.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/16/2003  1:38 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:
quote:

I don't want to be in the lottery that long. Being in the lottery doesn't guarantee prosperity. Look at the Clippers.

I agree that Layden made a terrible mistake with the McDyess trade. I was in the silent minority that disliked the trade at the time it was announced. (I am a Camby fan). I wanted Layden to pick Nene, Wilcox, Amare in that order. OK, so I screwed up on Wilcox, but you get the jist.

With these moves we still keep our lottery pick and pick up some bonafide players in Cassell and Tim Thomas.

It is not the lottery that let the clippers down, it is their dumb owner and bad management, the clippers have a ton of good young talent, they are just a rudderless ship!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/16/2003  1:41 PM
Posted by tkf:

It is not the lottery that let the clippers down, it is their dumb owner and bad management, the clippers have a ton of good young talent, they are just a rudderless ship!!

Very true....but then again look at our management. We are quickly dropping to their level.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Pike
5/16/2003  1:44 PM
... based on the contract and salary cap situation, we have exceeded the Clippers level of ineptitude.
NYKBocker
USA
5/16/2003  1:48 PM
... based on the contract and salary cap situation, we have exceeded the Clippers level of ineptitude.

Can't argue with that.
prodson
Colombia
5/16/2003  2:26 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

[quote] quote:

Well, at least we have Camby in common. i still miss Camby. but i sure hope you don't take the clippers situation and base your entire thought process about the draft on their situation because then i don't feel you would be, being realistic...

is there another way that talent enters the league besides the draft that i'm not aware of?

MJ, Magic & Bird all came thru the draft. remember???

maybe the clippers are not drafting the right players. that could be it too, you know...

Lebron James is going number 1 in the draft, i don't think the team that selects him will be thinking, "we are going to be just like the Clippers"...
prodson
Colombia
5/16/2003  3:09 PM
1990 - bo kimble, loy vaught
1991 - leron ellis, elliot perry, joe wiley
1992 - randy woods, elmore spencer
1993 - terry dehere, leonard white
1994 - lamond murray, greg minor
1995 - antonio mcdyess, constatin popa
1996 - lorenzen wright, doron scheffer
1997 - maurice taylor
1998 - olowokandi, brian skinner
1999 - lamar odom, rico hill,
2000 - darius miles, quentin richardson, marko jaric,
2001 - tyson chandler
2002 - chris wilcox, melvin ely, mario kasun,

just a few HOUSEHOLD NAMES of the players selected after the clippers made their first or last picks -

jayson williams
toni kukoc
cedric ceballos
antonio davis
doug christie
sam cassell
nick van exel
eddie jones
jalen rose
aaron mckie
jerry stackhouse
rasheed wallace
kevin garnett
micheal finley
kobe bryant
peja stokavic
steve nash
jermaine o'neal
zydrunas illgauskas
bobby jackson
vince carter
mike bibby
antwan jamison
dirk nowitzki
paul pierce
bonzi wells
rashard lewis
cuttino mobley
shawn marion
wally szcerbiak
pau gasol
jason richardson
richard jefferson
zach randolph
tony parker
gilbert arenas
amare stoudemire
caron butler
tayshaun prince. <---LOLOLOLOL.

and i won't even get into the coaching staff...

the few players that they have managed to draft they don't hold onto...so i don't see how you can say "look at the clippers they've been in the lottery", if anything i think you should be saying, "look at who the clippers DIDN'T draft in the lottery!"

Armondaone
Member: #379
5/16/2003  3:20 PM
Wow everybody after the clips made their pick turned out respectable. Seems going to the clips is like going to the bermuda triangle. (a loss of all direction)Sterling should be impeached as an owner. He is another reason for players to fear on draft night.
NYKBocker
USA
5/16/2003  3:29 PM
Draft picks to the clips is like free agents are to the Mets.
Pike
5/16/2003  3:33 PM
The only GM in sports remotely close to being as bad as Scottie boy is Steve Phillips ... Good news is, SP should be fired any moment. I half expected the announcement to take place this morning... oh well, it'll happen soon, thank goodness... tick-tock, tick-tock...
NYKBocker
USA
5/16/2003  3:37 PM
The only GM in sports remotely close to being as bad as Scottie boy is Steve Phillips ... Good news is, SP should be fired any moment. I half expected the announcement to take place this morning... oh well, it'll happen soon, thank goodness... tick-tock, tick-tock...

Can we put Jerry Jones in that class? Actually, I am very happy that he is taking charge in the demise of the Cowgirls. GO BIG BLUE!!

P.S. Why Tuna? Why?
NYKBocker
USA
5/16/2003  3:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NYKBocker:

quote:
quote:

If we get Jerry West as our GM then I say 2-3 years of lottery would be fine, but with Layden at the helm....well....
Pike
5/16/2003  3:45 PM
Jerry Jones... absolutely. lol.

Don't talk to me about Parcells going to Dem Cowboys.

Have a good weekend.
NYKBocker
USA
5/16/2003  4:02 PM
Same to you.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/16/2003  11:26 PM
I don't appreciate the Mets bashing...let's keep it moving
My turn to fix the Knicks...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy