[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

My turn to fix the Knicks...
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/15/2003  10:51 AM
This all depends on Milwaukee resigning Gary Payton...

1) Trade Spree, KT, Frank Williams for Sam Cassell, Tim Thomas and Dan Gadzuric. Why would the Bucks do this? Well, check out their lineup with this trade.

Gary Payton - PG
Spree - SG
Desmond Mason - SF
KT - PF
Ervin Johnson - C
Bench - Redd, Kukoc, Mason, F William, Haislip, Przybilla

Man, that is a scary lineup. Good luck scoring 80 on these guys.

Why do we do it? We get taller at SF and we get a dynamic PG and a backup Center.

2) Trade Howard Eisley to the Celtics for Eric Williams. Why do the Celtics do it? See the *** whooping the Nets did to the Celtics. Why do we do it? We get a serviceable forward with an expiring contract. This move also prepares us for Milos.

3) With 9th pick the NY Knicks select... Sofoklis Schortsianitis "The Greek Baby Shaq"... assuming he has a great work out and truly is 6'10".
If not then pick Pavel Podkolzin "The Russian Bear". If they don't pan out, at least we will be entertained with their colorful nicknames. Remember Ken "The Animal" Bannister!

4) Pick up any 2 of these guys in the 2nd round. In this order...
Malick Badiane, Jerome Beasely, James Lang, Kendrick Perkins, Brian Cook, Uche Nsonwu-Amadi, Tommy Smith, Charlie Villanueva. Nothing but redwoods.

5) Sign Nesterovic or PJ Brown for the Mid-Level Exception.

NYK Lineup
PG - Sam Cassell
SG - Allan Houston
SF - Tim Thomas
PF - McDyess(If Healthy)/(2nd Rd Pick Badiane/Lang/Beasley/Nswondu-Amadi)
C - Nesterovic/1st Rd Pick(Baby Shaq/Pavel)/Gadzuric/(2nd Rd Pick) Let them fight it out in training camp.

Bench - Shandon Anderson, Ward, Spoon, Eric Williams, Harrington, Doleac, 2nd Rd Pick, Postell.

Yup. I can live with that.
AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
5/15/2003  11:01 AM
This is pretty good...that Milwaukee team does look dangerous. I would do this trade. Does it work under the CBA?
NYKBocker
USA
5/15/2003  11:06 AM
I ran it through realgm.com and it works on both trades.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/15/2003  11:39 AM
Its not a bad trade, however it does cause the Bucks to have a glut at the shooting guard position and leaves them without a true SF. I don't know if Mason, Spree or Redd belong anywhere but the 2 spot. I also think that the Bucks would want to get some playing time for their 2 younger guys (Redd and Mason) instead of having Spree on the team. KT would be a nice fit for them though...give them a little more toughness.

It works out well for the Knicks though.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Pike
Member: #403
5/15/2003  11:47 AM
So you think you can move lower echelon point guard Howard Eisley and his overblown contract that expires after the 2007 season ... I don't think so.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/15/2003  12:13 PM
LOL Pike, and I agree, what does getting howard eisley have to do with the whipping the nets gave boston? the same would have happened had Howard been there, and next, I don't want to draft two european players, we have two of them now playing in another country, plus I am not sold on the Greek "baby shaq"....

As far as the milwaukee trade, I don't want casell... that will kill the trade for me right there...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NYKBocker
USA
5/15/2003  1:10 PM
So you think you can move lower echelon point guard Howard Eisley and his overblown contract that expires after the 2007 season ... I don't think so.

I think that Howard Eisley is an upgrade over Kenny Anderson which they traded away a year ago. An is a much better PG than Tony Delk. Plus, they are only giving up Eric Williams which they have a glut on at that position.
NYKBocker
USA
5/15/2003  1:16 PM
Its not a bad trade, however it does cause the Bucks to have a glut at the shooting guard position and leaves them without a true SF. I don't know if Mason, Spree or Redd belong anywhere but the 2 spot. I also think that the Bucks would want to get some playing time for their 2 younger guys (Redd and Mason) instead of having Spree on the team. KT would be a nice fit for them though...give them a little more toughness.
It works out well for the Knicks though.

I definitely think that Desmond is a 3. His outside shot is not consistent enough. Redd can be their version of Vinny "The Microwave" Johnson. He comes in against reserves and he will be a contender for the 6th man award.
Pike
5/15/2003  1:17 PM
I can't envision many situations in which the term "upgrade" can be used when discussing Howard Eisley. If you want to win in the NBA, you have to have a much better pg than him.

I like Tony Delk though I don't consider him a true point guard. He's a good backup guard. Eisley and Ward have little value as far as I'm concerned.... as I said, lower eshelon. A2DA
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/15/2003  1:22 PM
Yes, Eisley and Ward are merely solid second string point guards, and the only value either of them have is Ward's expiring (or buy out option) contract.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
NYKBocker
USA
5/15/2003  1:28 PM
LOL Pike, and I agree, what does getting howard eisley have to do with the whipping the nets gave boston? the same would have happened had Howard been there, and next, I don't want to draft two european players, we have two of them now playing in another country, plus I am not sold on the Greek "baby shaq"....
As far as the milwaukee trade, I don't want casell... that will kill the trade for me right there...

What happens if we win the 2nd pick in the lottery? You pass up on Darko Milicic and take Carmelo Anthony? Or if we get the 3rd and Milicic is still there, do you pick Bosh instead? or maybe TJ Ford?
Pike
5/15/2003  1:41 PM
Milicic over Bosh is easy, though I wish I saw a lot more film of the guy (Milicic). Anthony/Milicic is tougher considering how badly we need a center. Hard to imagine passing up on Carmelo, unless it's of course, LeBron.

All I can say is, let's pray we have the problem.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/15/2003  1:52 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

What happens if we win the 2nd pick in the lottery? You pass up on Darko Milicic and take Carmelo Anthony? Or if we get the 3rd and Milicic is still there, do you pick Bosh instead? or maybe TJ Ford?

Bosh is going to be good, but I don't know if I take Darko over Anthony, again unless the Euro player is a can't miss type prospect like darko, I want to stay away from some of the euro players..thats all..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
5/15/2003  3:05 PM
nykbocker why do you want to trade sprewell....his contract expires soon...

but i got a question how does it work under the cap when payton is not even signed for next year???? neither is gazuric???

gazuric can be signed out-right.

i notice where you said that we would get a back-up center but if the knicks trade kurt thomas, then we won't even have a starting center...

why trade kurt thomas not knowing if mcdyess is coming back or not?

why trade for tim thomas who prolly won't do any better than sprewell when thomas still has about 50 million dollars left on his contract until 2006? just so we can get taller at the sf position???

you want to trade the starting center when the knicks don't know if they will even have a power forward just so we can get taller at the small forward position???

why trade frank williams not knowing milos is coming over?

i'm not for trading kurt thomas period the guy is too valuable to the knicks. he will play 2 positions for peanuts...

all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
NYKBocker
USA
5/15/2003  3:23 PM
nykbocker why do you want to trade sprewell....his contract expires soon...
but i got a question how does it work under the cap when payton is not even signed for next year???? neither is gazuric???

gazuric can be signed out-right.

i notice where you said that we would get a back-up center but if the knicks trade kurt thomas, then we won't even have a starting center...

why trade kurt thomas not knowing if mcdyess is coming back or not?

why trade for tim thomas who prolly won't do any better than sprewell when thomas still has about 50 million dollars left on his contract until 2006? just so we can get taller at the sf position???

you want to trade the starting center when the knicks don't know if they will even have a power forward just so we can get taller at the small forward position???

why trade frank williams not knowing milos is coming over?

i'm not for trading kurt thomas period the guy is too valuable to the knicks. he will play 2 positions for peanuts...

Don't get me wrong, I love Spree, but with his declining skills I think it is ripe to say farewell and get a high quality SF(IMHO). Also, we give Spree a parting gift that he retires in his hometown.

On GP, I stated that this all depends on the Bucks resigning GP. If they don't, I don't see how they would trade Cassell.

Gadzuric, according to realgm has 2 years left in his contract.

Yes, Gadzuric would be a backup center. I also said that we sign Nesterovic or PJ Brown to the Mid-Level Exception. I also wanted us to draft either Baby Shaq or Pavel.

I am using KT as trade bait to entice Ernie Grunfeld on pulling the trigger. I am hoping that our 3 picks will fill the void left by KT.

Tim Thomas has 3 years left on his contract and is cheaper than Spree. It is 1 year longer than Spree. Plus, I really like Tim Thomas' game.

I am basically trading Frank Williams for a backup center. I am not enamored with Frank. He doesn't come across to me as a player who has a high basketball IQ. Milos should be in a Knick uniform in 1 to 2 years. Then, Sam will only have 1 year left on his contract.

About KT. Unfortunately, we need to trade something for something.
Pike
5/15/2003  3:33 PM
If we trade Spree, we have got to get YOUNGER!!
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
5/15/2003  9:16 PM
Hey, at least he has great drafting instict.

"Sofoklis for President"
go knicks!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/15/2003  9:55 PM
The kid (NYKbocker) has an answer for everything! He cover all the angles and viewed it from both sides of the fence.

Again...I think this is a good fantasy trade all-around. I don't see Eisley going to Celtics (long shot) but seeing how the Celtics how HURTING for a PG, you never know.
NYKBocker
USA
5/16/2003  10:39 AM
If we trade Spree, we have got to get YOUNGER!!

We do get younger. Tim Thomas is 26 and Gadzuric is 25. The only old man on that trade is Cassell and we only use him for 3 years till Milos comes.

Nesterovic is 27. Then we have 3 draft picks. Eric Williams is 31 but he has an expiring contract.

PJ Brown is plan B if we can't sign Nesterovic. Also, we should only sign him for 2 years. Not the 4 year gift we gave to Spoon.
NYKBocker
USA
5/16/2003  10:41 AM
The kid (NYKbocker) has an answer for everything! He cover all the angles and viewed it from both sides of the fence.
Again...I think this is a good fantasy trade all-around. I don't see Eisley going to Celtics (long shot) but seeing how the Celtics how HURTING for a PG, you never know.

Thanks swishfm3. I don't know about being a kid though.
My turn to fix the Knicks...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy