[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Running Warker to death!!!
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/14/2003  3:48 PM
I posted on RealGM a trade of Spree, KT, and Ward ( maybe a pick)for Walker, Delk, Eric Willaims, and either Kendrick Brown or a draft pick. It works in their checker.

I think the Celtics replace Toine with KT to add toughness and rebounding. Pierce becomes the 3 where he should be, while Spree becomes their shooting guard. Ward could start for them unless they sign a free-agent.

The Knicks would have options.... Have Walker play the 3....doesn't matter if it's Othella or McDyess I think the Knicks get alot better down low. Brown could emerge next year as a star and become the starting 3 moving Walker to the 4. Eric Williams is a nice player to have on your bench. Delk would be the combo guard the Knicks need to back-up the point and Houston.

Nice thing about it is the largest contract out of all of all of them is Kendrick Brown. Eric and Ward both have expiring contracts. The Celtics in my eyes get better. They turn Walker basically into 3 starters. The Knicks get more athletic on both ends of the court and change their look.

I think it's perfect trade
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
KARNIVORE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #382
Nigeria
5/14/2003  3:51 PM
thats a good trade !!! i like that !!!
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
Pike
Member: #403
5/14/2003  3:53 PM
It's a good trade for the Knicks... However, Danny Ainge would laugh, then hang up the phone.
EnySpree

5/14/2003  4:10 PM
Danny doesn't like Walkers 3pt shooting. He loves Pierce and he always liked Spree's game. Danny is a funny dude but the guy knows basketball and if he had the shot to rid the team of all the small fwds and got the team a true shooting guard, an enforcer in KT, and a proven veteran to play the point? He'd jump on it.

Spree and Houston take the same shots.....Spree and Pierce would give the same effect Toine had except now it's coming from the 2 guard spot where it should. KT and Battie would be a tough 4-5 combination.

You gotta love this trade.

The Knicks could drop Nailon, and Postel easy. I like the idea of having Eric and Shandon on the same team. When the second unit is out there they will ware down the opposition. If a trade like this goes down the Knicks don't have to do much. Free agents would probablytake a more serious look instead of using us as leverage.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
5/14/2003  5:23 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I posted on RealGM a trade of Spree, KT, and Ward ( maybe a pick)for Walker, Delk, Eric Willaims, and either Kendrick Brown or a draft pick. It works in their checker.

I think the Celtics replace Toine with KT to add toughness and rebounding. Pierce becomes the 3 where he should be, while Spree becomes their shooting guard. Ward could start for them unless they sign a free-agent.

The Knicks would have options.... Have Walker play the 3....doesn't matter if it's Othella or McDyess I think the Knicks get alot better down low. Brown could emerge next year as a star and become the starting 3 moving Walker to the 4. Eric Williams is a nice player to have on your bench. Delk would be the combo guard the Knicks need to back-up the point and Houston.

Nice thing about it is the largest contract out of all of all of them is Kendrick Brown. Eric and Ward both have expiring contracts. The Celtics in my eyes get better. They turn Walker basically into 3 starters. The Knicks get more athletic on both ends of the court and change their look.

I think it's perfect trade

Do you work for the Celtics or something? Why are you trying to improve THEM instead of US? Walker will not help NY, he is overrated.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/14/2003  6:16 PM
Not bad spree, and Pike look at it like this, if the celtics team this year was Pierce, Battie, spree, ward and Kt, I think that team beats the nets or at least put up a better game than the one they had with walker and Delk. Pierce would be the focal point, spree would add his all around play and defense and ward's hustle and 3 point shooting would have been trouble for the Nets...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
EnySpree

5/14/2003  6:28 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

Do you work for the Celtics or something? Why are you trying to improve THEM instead of US? Walker will not help NY, he is overrated.

Working for the Celtics? On the real, I would love to work for an NBA team.

As for this trade and the Knicks.....it's either you liek Walker or you don't. Walker gets flap for shooting too many three's but that's the offense they are running. Walker is an above average ball handler and passer for his position. If he slides to the 3 he's still has the quickness to hang with the faster guys and strong enough to overpower everyone at that position. Walker plays angles and changes speeds when he makes his move. He's ultra aggressive when making moves too. He always has his head up and eye's moving.

I can't believe you say the guy is overrated.....Richard Jefferson is overrated. Walker is being called soft, a chucker, a cancer....you name it. All I see is the game. I think the guy can be a big piece to the Knicks future.

What i see(and who cares what I see I ain't getting paid for it!!):
McDyess(Or Othella if Dyess is still out)
Antoine Walker
Nester(hardly used in the playoffs)
Eisley
Houston

bench?:Eric Williams, Shandon Anderson, Tony Delk, Othella and Spoon.

I didn't even mention a draft pick. What if the Knicks pick up TJ Ford? Sheeeet what if Frank steps up? What if the Knicks get Kaman? What about everyone's favorite point guard Andre Miller in a draft day trade?

So tell me how I'm just helping Boston?
EnySpree

5/14/2003  6:29 PM
Posted by tkf:

Not bad spree, and Pike look at it like this, if the celtics team this year was Pierce, Battie, spree, ward and Kt, I think that team beats the nets or at least put up a better game than the one they had with walker and Delk. Pierce would be the focal point, spree would add his all around play and defense and ward's hustle and 3 point shooting would have been trouble for the Nets...

Boston has too many guys that do the same thing.....much like the Knicks....Both teams need to even the rosters out. Why not help each other?
Pike
Member: #403
5/14/2003  7:24 PM
Look Eny, I can deal with Spree getting dealt but, not to the Celtics. I have to admit though, your proposal isn't too farfetched.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/14/2003  11:11 PM
Thats not a bad trade...

Don't blame Oasis for not liking Walker. I've always been a Walker fan (Kentucky) but I have to admit he does shoot TOO much.

If he's willing to change his role...then I'm all for this.
Running Warker to death!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy