[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

SPOON OVER JACKSON
Author Thread
XMAN007
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #60
9/29/2001  1:42 PM
What was lame-den thinking? We could have used the $ we signed spoon w/ to sign Jackson. He fits in much better. He's taller, younger, n plays the 4 n 5. Where as spoon is a tweener w/ no real position. Spoon is good defensively but is unspectacular at everything. Houston snubbed us once again.

Burrell is apparently not coming. Where the hell was he going to play anyway? The water boy would have had more mins. than him.

Gatling appears to be our only option. He's a solid scorer but I'm not thrilled getting a 34 year old when there were better players available (Shammond, Foyle, Jackson etc).
Come strong or not at all!
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
9/29/2001  4:21 PM
I really think we need to get Gatling as well. I can understand where people think Layden is stupid for taking Spoon, but you have to understand that Spoon's better then taking a chance on getting nothing better. We have to get Gatling or at least trade the exception for someone decent.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
9/29/2001  4:51 PM
Spoon is a nice player and a cool guy. He plays his heart out and will get you 10 points and 8 rebounds. He would be an excellent addition if he was on a lesser contract and didn't play a position that is logjammed.

==============================
http://www.geocities.com/camby_online
==============================
We suck.
XMAN007
9/29/2001  7:02 PM
I'm not argueing that spoon isn't a hard worker n decent player. I'm saying that Jackson was a better fit for our team.

Knickkix: we must utilize the exception. Gatling seems feasible but I'm not counting my eggs yet (see Mutombo, Foyle etc).

McFan23 I agree he would a better addition had he been taller n played another position. Why not give that $ to a younger player such as Jackson who does play the 4 n 5?

MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
9/30/2001  7:50 AM
XMAN, that is basically what I am saying: Spoon is a good player, but "the other M-Jax" would've been a better addition to the team. It is a point of made on another topic...Jackosn is just another player to add to the list of guys we've missed out on (you know - Mutombo, Davis, Williams, Grant, etc etc etc!)
We suck.
XMAN007
9/30/2001  11:01 AM
McFan23 we both agree on the spoon deal. I'm not sure what the thinking was on their part? Why do they make on MJ when they have only $2.8m to offer when they had more $ b/4 they signed spoon? Doesn't make sense.
SPOON OVER JACKSON

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy