[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I got more scoop on Travis Outlaw from Rivals---my opion lets pickt his guy
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/13/2003  6:52 PM
He is a legit 6-9 with a 7-5 wingspan and a 41 inch vertcial leap. He can put his hand 4 FEET over the basket. His final stats from last year are 27 points 16 rebounds 11 blocks 6 assits. yes I know is body is not physically matureenough -but neither was tracy -kobe et al when they came in. For once let the Knicks take the cake.We havent had a true 3 in 20 years. This kid's physical abilities have franchise player written all over him. I know we need size this that and the other thing, I know that--but we are not winning the championship next year. Lets leverage the pick--were at 9 and its unlikely the kid will go before 9. even if it's a bit of a reach I dont care. i think he is going to be a special player. I see shawn Marion part 2 here.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
5/13/2003  8:52 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he was around when the Knicks pick again in the second round...
In any case, A players physical statue is the least of my worries...that's probably the easiest thing to fix so long as the player is commited. The Knicks need a 3 & 5. If they can get Outlaw to play the three..then GREAT!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/13/2003  10:30 PM
I like this kid, and it sounds like he is a physical freak, the same things I noticed about Amare Stoudamire, there are good athletes, there are great atheletes and then there are Freaks, the guys like Mcgrady, Stoudamire, Kobe, Vince, the guys who have the ability to be superstars, this kid is not one dimensional, and he is young, I say the knicks should draft him, let him marinate a little bit, and bam we may have a star on our hands...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/13/2003  10:35 PM
Posted by tkf:

I like this kid, and it sounds like he is a physical freak, the same things I noticed about Amare Stoudamire, there are good athletes, there are great atheletes and then there are Freaks, the guys like Mcgrady, Stoudamire, Kobe, Vince, the guys who have the ability to be superstars, this kid is not one dimensional, and he is young, I say the knicks should draft him, let him marinate a little bit, and bam we may have a star on our hands...
pick him in the second round if he's there.
rain
Member: #353
USA
5/14/2003  11:01 AM
Late first, early second... his body is eerily similar to DMiles and won't likely can much weight any time soon. He was a non-factor when I saw him at McDonald's.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/14/2003  11:51 AM
I don't think Travis could all of a sudden be that good because I agree with Rain....the kid was a non-factor at the McDonalds game.

He could be good but his body looks like its way under developed.

Drafting him at 9 a reach? I dunno because there are a fleet of guys available that could go anywhere from 9 to 50. With the way the Knicks roster looks it would make sense to draft a high schooler....

I don't really have an opinion on Outlaw. I just hope the Knicks make the right decision for once and draft the best guy available at 9. I think workouts will playa big part.

Charlie Villenuava(sp) is the big hype on another board....i guess Outlaw is the big hype on this one.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
john44
Member: #115
USA
5/14/2003  12:34 PM
I'm sure outlaw is a great athelete, but thats all it takes to get by in high school ball. his running jumping and hieght is unstopable against kids that r 6 feet tall and slower than him. He is being described the same way as darius miles and miles has done nothing in the NBA. It seems like he has no basketball ability or smarts at all. He could develope a jump shot but the risk is too big the the 9th pick and the knicks.
Matt
BRIGGS
5/14/2003  1:16 PM
I think Shawn Marion is a good comparison. Remember Shawn Marion was 6-5 185 when he went to JC and transfered to UNLV 2 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier. Darius Miles doesn't have the same type of athletic ability and remeber Miles went 3rd or 4th in the draft.

This would be an investment draft pick. Im looking at this kid with 20 pounds of muscle on his frame two years from now. If he goes to school--in time he becomes a top 5 pickIMHO EZ.

What i want the Knicks to do is trade down with memphis and give them picks 9, 31, 39 +Knight for Stromile Swift and the 13. Stromile on our team would get 40 minutes and would help the team more than ANY draft pick. Im not interested in any more foreign players--we busted on one and we have no idea about the other----Im not thrilled with anyone that much. I would rather have Stromile than Sweetney or Collison and I cant think of one guy in thedraft who would be a better prospect than Outlaw physically. Ebi is a BETTER basketball player -but I do think he will go around 20.in this draft I dont see Outlaw dropping past 16 at the MOST. You have three teams with multiple picks. You have a team like GS @ 11 that is stacked if they resign Arenas which opens the possibility of anything happening there.

In this draft Lang,Perkins, Ebi and Outlaw are ALLgoing 1st round.i think it is possible Villanueva slips back into the 35 area of the 2nd round.
RIP Crushalot😞
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
5/14/2003  1:27 PM
the knicks have got to take outlaw.
all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
tkf
5/14/2003  1:34 PM
briggs: I do like stromile and he can help the knicks and if we have the 9 pick then trading down is not that bad of an idea, stromile and a guy like Outlaw will really help the knicks now and in the future and I agree, i am getting tired of this foreing hype. These guys are drafted, some are way overrated and others like milos play the " I am not ready to come over yet " game..

As far as miles go the kid is as athletic as marion, and that is a good comparison but playing in cleveland has hurt his growth, his main problem is his jumper but remember guys like Jason Kidd, Marion, and even T-Mac earlier in their careers struggled with Jumpers, Miles on the right team will be a fine player.....

[Edited by - tkf on 05/14/2003 13:36:33]
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
rain
Member: #353
USA
5/14/2003  1:35 PM
Darius Miles was/is the same player as Outlaw with more polish... and you see what happened to him. Outlaw is gonna have to go to a disciplined team with good player developement. Outlaw has no game right now and is breakable by NBA standards. Miles had some game with the same athleticism. Marion was bigger than Outlaw and had the frame to add more weight. Also If we could get Swift with the #9 pick... sign me up.
BRIGGS
5/14/2003  1:44 PM
Shawn Marion was6-5 185 when he went to junior college. he didnt transfer to UNLV until he was 20. Like i said this kid is an investment.You dont find 6-9 guys with a 7-5 wingspan and a 41 inch vertical growing on trees. He needs time to develop. If we can trade down pick up a solid NOW player and draft this guy--I think that s a solid equation. I dont see ANY rookie commanding time if Mcdyess comes back at even 75% unless we draft Kaman. I like Sweetney a lot-butafter some thought I doubt the Knicks pick him--although it would be a good draft to me if they did.
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
5/14/2003  2:17 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Shawn Marion was6-5 185 when he went to junior college. he didnt transfer to UNLV until he was 20. Like i said this kid is an investment.You dont find 6-9 guys with a 7-5 wingspan and a 41 inch vertical growing on trees. He needs time to develop. If we can trade down pick up a solid NOW player and draft this guy--I think that s a solid equation. I dont see ANY rookie commanding time if Mcdyess comes back at even 75% unless we draft Kaman. I like Sweetney a lot-butafter some thought I doubt the Knicks pick him--although it would be a good draft to me if they did.

I agree, the knicks need to go in a direction like this, there is no rookie outside of anthony and James that can make an impact this year, so why not look down the road some with a guy like Outlaw, pair him with milos, williams, and swift and you have a nice young nucleus to build around..
KARNIVORE
Member: #382
Nigeria
5/14/2003  3:27 PM
OUTLAW or VILLANEVAU ????
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/14/2003  3:39 PM
OUTLAW or VILLANEVAU ????

to be honest..neither one showed me anything in the McD game...but based on the articles that I have read (yeah..i know, I'm a media ho) I would go with Outlaw.
I just hope if the Knicks DO draft him, I hope he doesn't turn into a Maggette/Miles....
KARNIVORE
Nigeria
5/14/2003  3:45 PM
SWISH i heard nothing but praise about that HOUSTON highschool kid !!! i forgot his name !!! u know who i'm talking about !!
Pike
Member: #403
5/14/2003  3:46 PM
... all I know is, if the Knicks pass on him, he'll be the next Amare Stoudamire... if we take him, he'll be the next Bo Outlaw.
KARNIVORE
Nigeria
5/14/2003  3:52 PM
PIKE, lol.... BO OUTLAW !! lol...
tkf
5/14/2003  8:50 PM
Pike...Hahaaaaaa. Bo outlaw...LOL
I got more scoop on Travis Outlaw from Rivals---my opion lets pickt his guy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy