[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Celtics have issues now..LOL
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/13/2003  10:25 AM
The celtics: whom I hate now have a ton of questions to answer. They lack depth, a PG, and post player, they traded Kenny Anderson for Baker and Shammond williams(who is now in denver) and Baker is rotting his fat azz on the bench. The let Rodney Rogers go, and Antoine Walker is becomming the object of fan hatred...

Wow and I though the knicks had problems. But the question today is: If you were the knicks GM, would you take a shot at getting walker, or is he overpaid and overrated? Or will a change of scenery, like NY give him a new lease on his career, I mean he is a legit 6'9 player with skills.....

Thoughts?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/13/2003  10:42 AM
Absolutely I'd take a chance on Walker. See if they would send him to us for Spree, Ward and Denver's 2nd round pick maybe? He could play the 3 and act as a point-forward type.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
tkf
5/13/2003  10:55 AM
Posted by Andrew:

Absolutely I'd take a chance on Walker. See if they would send him to us for Spree, Ward and Denver's 2nd round pick maybe? He could play the 3 and act as a point-forward type.

Andrew although Walker is having problems in Beantown, I am sure Boston would want a #1, although spree and pierce is not bad, it really makes them no better than they are now..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
prodson
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #395
Colombia
5/13/2003  11:13 AM
antoine walker can score, pass the ball to his teammates, take great shots, play defense, DANCE, he can rebound, he can do it all...

...the only problem is that he does it when HE wantes to.

LOL
all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
tkf
5/13/2003  11:22 AM
Posted by prodson:

antoine walker can score, pass the ball to his teammates, take great shots, play defense, DANCE, he can rebound, he can do it all...

...the only problem is that he does it when HE wantes to.

LOL

LOL..How true prod, how true.....
prodson
Colombia
5/13/2003  11:33 AM
i feel bad for antoine walker because no matter how many 3's in a row he hits from here on out the whole knows that kenyon martin and the Nets will STILL be right there waiting for him in the playoffs. poor guy.

i wonder what kinda message Jason KIDD was sending out when he took that 3 point shot with the game ending. i'm surprised he made it....
tkf
5/13/2003  1:13 PM
Posted by prodson:

i feel bad for antoine walker because no matter how many 3's in a row he hits from here on out the whole knows that kenyon martin and the Nets will STILL be right there waiting for him in the playoffs. poor guy.

i wonder what kinda message Jason KIDD was sending out when he took that 3 point shot with the game ending. i'm surprised he made it....
yea after kidd hit that shot, he probably said this is for Jumanna and my big head son tj..LOL

too bad for walker, he is killing his credibility as a playoff performer.... the celts will have a hard time getting rid of him for real....
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/13/2003  1:23 PM
This is Laydens opportunity to jump on Walker while the celtics and the fans out in Boston are down on him.

I'd send Spree out there to boston. I think Bostons problem is the shooting guard spot anyway.......Pierce is a 3. Pierce is too strong to be on the perimeter. Spree could take any shot he would want to take in Bostons offense. If we send them Charlie then maybe the knicks can get someone to help add versitility to te bench.

Bottom line Walker would solve the Knicks probmes at the 3.

Boston wouldn't really change except for getting production to come from the correct positions.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/13/2003  1:33 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

This is Laydens opportunity to jump on Walker while the celtics and the fans out in Boston are down on him.

I'd send Spree out there to boston. I think Bostons problem is the shooting guard spot anyway.......Pierce is a 3. Pierce is too strong to be on the perimeter. Spree could take any shot he would want to take in Bostons offense. If we send them Charlie then maybe the knicks can get someone to help add versitility to te bench.

Bottom line Walker would solve the Knicks probmes at the 3.

Boston wouldn't really change except for getting production to come from the correct positions.

You gotta be kidding me. Walker is the last thing you want on the Knicks. He sucks. He is unathletic, fat sloth like player. Trust me you won't win with Walker not even as a third option. He simply isn't that good. Why do you think the Celtics are going to try and move him. You don't want someone elses leftovers. He simple won't help a team like the KNicks. Besides you just found him out he isn't a pressure player and he takes way to many bad shots. His lack of athletic ability makes him rush shots against superior athletes. Lets put it this way he won't survive in NY he can't in Boston. Now if you want to talk championship lets not get to far finals than Rasheed Wallace is you man. He is a little bit more loony but far superior player all around.
tkf
5/13/2003  2:24 PM
vmart: you were going good until the rasheed wallace comments. Talent wise he and walker are about the same, walker can do what sheed does but if you look at it, sheeds game has gone outside, he has settled for the jumper and now the 3 pointer

He refuses to take guys like Dirk Nowitzki down low and just dominate, I don't want any players like that, I want a horse down low, a guy like brand, and I want a player that is a leader, sheed isn't and neither is walker...

I do agree though Walker In NY is probably a no-no!!
Vmart
USA
5/13/2003  3:13 PM
Posted by tkf:

vmart: you were going good until the rasheed wallace comments. Talent wise he and walker are about the same, walker can do what sheed does but if you look at it, sheeds game has gone outside, he has settled for the jumper and now the 3 pointer

He refuses to take guys like Dirk Nowitzki down low and just dominate, I don't want any players like that, I want a horse down low, a guy like brand, and I want a player that is a leader, sheed isn't and neither is walker...

I do agree though Walker In NY is probably a no-no!!

Wallace is way superior than Walker. I really like Wallaces game and he give the Knicks something Walker can't and thats height at the pf and sf position. He can also man the center position especially in the east. Just look past his nuttyness for a second and take his skills into consideration. If you watch the Dallas and Posrtland you saw a guy hit clutch shot down the strech he really a skilled player just need to get his wackyness into check. I think a change of senery will make a big difference. I like him for several reasons mainly just in case Dice doesn't make it back. And if Dice does comeback you have a frontline that will dominate the east. All the knicks would have to do is get a center who plays defense even a rookie center will do with that kind of front line.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/13/2003  3:37 PM
V-Mart i can sense you and i will be arch-enemies....,lol.

I was going to say the same things TKF said. Wallace and Walker are the same player. Wallace gives you the highight dunk from time to time but he's a bad decision maker out there. Walker in return makes better decisions but you will never see him jump over anyone.

You knock me and then shove your foot up your own tooshy!

Thing that's most different about Walker and Wallace? Wallace coming to NY doesn't have a chance in hell of happening. Why? Because Portland has no use for the Knicks players.
Walker is on the trading block. The Celtics would need a power fwd, shooting guard, and a less dominant point guard that can shoot the three.....the Knick have all of those to give away.

It's good to be in on a convo for once!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
tkf
5/13/2003  3:58 PM
good post spree..

Vmart: Wallace is not better than walker, taller yes but not better and when you look at the height issue, wallace makes himself smaller by shooting jumpers most of the time, there was no excuse for wallace not to dominate, Dirk, and those clown bigmen on dallas, and at 28 years old if wallace is not past his wackiness now, he will never be man, what you see is what you get..

And I am not that impressed on what I see man....
Vmart
USA
5/13/2003  4:29 PM
Posted by tkf:

good post spree..

Vmart: Wallace is not better than walker, taller yes but not better and when you look at the height issue, wallace makes himself smaller by shooting jumpers most of the time, there was no excuse for wallace not to dominate, Dirk, and those clown bigmen on dallas, and at 28 years old if wallace is not past his wackiness now, he will never be man, what you see is what you get..

And I am not that impressed on what I see man....

I know don't what you saw but Dirk is a damn good player who flat out scores Wallace brought that team back from a 3-0 defict and almost got the Blazers through the 7th game had it not been for a bush call by the refs on Sabonis the Blazers were on their way to beating the Mavs. What I don't understand is why Martin was able to treat Walker like his hoe through the whole series took him so far out the game that Walker had to go to the stands. At least Wallace was able to get the Blazers back from the 3-0 deficit whereas Walker packed it in. Oh by the way Wallace and Walker are both on the blocks. Blazers will listen to offers just as the celtics will for Walker. Walker is mentally weak whereas Wallace is just mental. At least the mental guy is fearless, where Walker is like a little girl crying in the corner at the sight of Kenyon Martin.
tkf
5/13/2003  4:39 PM
Dirk is a good offensive player but his D sucks, he is soft on defense and it confuses me why guys like Garnett and Wallace don't kill him down low, instead they shoot jumpers..

explain that man...

Walker did have a bad series but whats happening to him now has a lot more to do with his situation in boston than Kenyon martin.. believe that...
KARNIVORE
Member: #382
Nigeria
5/13/2003  4:52 PM
TKF, most guys get into a shooting contest with DIRK, like RASHEED did, shooting 3s instead posting up in the paint !!! They get caught up like fools & that plays into DIRKS hands !!! PRIDE IS A MUTHA !!! lol... Especially when a 7ft white guy is droppin rain all over your azz !!! lol.
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
Vmart
USA
5/13/2003  4:55 PM
Posted by tkf:

Dirk is a good offensive player but his D sucks, he is soft on defense and it confuses me why guys like Garnett and Wallace don't kill him down low, instead they shoot jumpers..

explain that man...

Walker did have a bad series but whats happening to him now has a lot more to do with his situation in boston than Kenyon martin.. believe that...

Teams have their systems and they play in that system sometimes players play according to the system that they are confined to. KG is an excellent player he plays in the system almost to a fault when sometime it would be more prudent for them to say give me the rock and step out the way. Another player that does that is Webber there are time when he just opts for a jumper when he should be pound the rock down the defense throat. I give you that I think Walker was injured during the series and he is a fine player who does 3 out 4 thing well. He can score, reb and pass. I think if he became a Knicks I'm sure I will root for him no doubt. But until then you know...
tkf
5/13/2003  10:41 PM
Posted by KARNIVORE:

TKF, most guys get into a shooting contest with DIRK, like RASHEED did, shooting 3s instead posting up in the paint !!! They get caught up like fools & that plays into DIRKS hands !!! PRIDE IS A MUTHA !!! lol... Especially when a 7ft white guy is droppin rain all over your azz !!! lol.

If I were webber or Garnett or wallace, I would take Dirk down low and make him play D. Shooting jumpers is giving him a break, Dirk wants to shoot Jumpers that is his game, but playing defense in the post is his kryptonite and believe me I would have his azz playing defense...
prodson
Colombia
5/14/2003  2:16 PM
they prolly be so tired from chasin his azz around.lol. when he hits a few 3's in a row they become emotionally drained.lololol
KARNIVORE
Member: #382
Nigeria
5/14/2003  3:34 PM
PROD a couple of elbows will always slow is azz down !!! I'll take one flagrant foul to establish some doubt in his mind & play physical the whole game, even if i get 5 fouls !!!! Or better yet have some bench buddy take a couple of hard fouls against his azz !!! But no RON ARTEST type crap !!! lol..
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
Celtics have issues now..LOL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy