[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

THE KNICKS GET A HUGE TAX BREAK !!!!
Author Thread
KARNIVORE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #382
Nigeria
5/13/2003  9:32 AM
LUC LONGLEY & LARRY JOHNSON are officially off the books !!!! Now this year we could have WARD, KNIGHT, MCDYESS & HARRINGTON ( opt out ) off the books as well & not sign NAILON, POSTEL & POPE !!! That would leave under contract only HOUSTON, SPREWELL, KT, ANDERSON, EISLY, WILLIAMS, DOLEAC & SPOON. Yea we still suck but at a discount price !!!
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
5/13/2003  9:38 AM
what does that account? like 17 out of 50 million?? I guess it's better than nothing...
I think of the four you mentioned, only McDyess and Harrington have an out option and I doubt McDyess is going to execise that now that he might not be able to play again.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
5/13/2003  9:58 AM
The best part of the article was that Dolan will be willing to spend more money on players who actually step onto the court. The Mid level is also increasing slightly allowing them to get a better player for the money. Taking LJ and Longley off the books saves Dolan something like 30 million over the next 2 seasons, thats a good amount of cash. He did have to pay 22 million in luxury tax this year though, so who knows how willing he will be to sign an impact player.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/13/2003  10:50 AM
McDyess doesn't have an out for this year...the Knicks made him guarentee the year when he was traded from Denver...also Harrington's opt out year was this past year....so he is definately on the books for next. If the mid level could bring Laram to NY as the article mentioned that would be very nice.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
THE KNICKS GET A HUGE TAX BREAK !!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy