[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

At least Layden isn't the worst GM
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
5/12/2003  4:17 PM
HAHA, did anyone read in the RealGM newsletter today that Kidd would consider signing with the Celts because of Ainge's affiliation with the franchise now.

TOO BAD! Haha, that Vin Baker trade left them handcuffed for the next 3 years at least. Why did that guy make that trade? Absolutey horrible. I'm not even saying Kidd would sign, but that Baker trade has to be worse then any Layden move I can think of. At least if McDyess doesn't work out we can let him walk. Wow, what a terrible move. Anderson off the cap next year or Vin Baker? What was that guy thinking?

Imagine Kidd and Pierce in the same backcourt.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/12/2003  4:50 PM
I think Kidd in Boston would be dumb cuz Kidd needs guys that are going to run with him and move without the ball. He's on the perfect team for his style.

I agree that the Boston Gm is one of the worst. Again....how many years are they gonna go with basically the same squad? They need to make changes quick....I wouldn't mind taking Antoine Walker off their hands. Walker would be the Knicks starting 3 for years. Would they do a mega trade involving Walker, a filler, for Spree and KT?
Trade is kind of nutty but not because of having Pierce and Spree on the same team. Pierce is a 3 darn it! I think Boston Fans wouldn't mind. I like Walkers skills as a player and would welcome him on the Knicks to complement the inside outside threat the Knicks are trying to establish.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/12/2003  5:05 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I think Kidd in Boston would be dumb cuz Kidd needs guys that are going to run with him and move without the ball. He's on the perfect team for his style.

I agree that the Boston Gm is one of the worst. Again....how many years are they gonna go with basically the same squad? They need to make changes quick....I wouldn't mind taking Antoine Walker off their hands. Walker would be the Knicks starting 3 for years. Would they do a mega trade involving Walker, a filler, for Spree and KT?
Trade is kind of nutty but not because of having Pierce and Spree on the same team. Pierce is a 3 darn it! I think Boston Fans wouldn't mind. I like Walkers skills as a player and would welcome him on the Knicks to complement the inside outside threat the Knicks are trying to establish.

Walker sucks. He is on my most hated player list. I think the guy is a chuck he shoots like a girl and is severely overrated. His skills are not that good for a number two guy on his team. You won't win with him. He should be down low on the blocks instead he is hanging around the perimeter. On top of that he is mentally weak. He has Kenyon in his head. I never like player who think they are good when they really suck.
EnySpree

5/12/2003  5:19 PM
Boston has been riding that type of system for a good 2 seasons now. Walker has the green light to take any three he wants. In NY it would be different.

Imaging Walker as a 3 in NY. Alot of people share the same gripes about him as you do but as a basketball player, you gotta see him florishing with the Knicks as the 3rd wheel to a inside outside threat. The Knicks could take advantage of his image and finally get a starting 3 worth something. Sheet...the Knicks could trade for him and sign Juwan Howard to the Exemtion. I like that idea.

But the idea is far fetched....I know.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/12/2003  5:42 PM
Layden wanted Vin Baker and Rice for Ewing.

Imagine, We could have Baker, Shandon anderson and Eisley (both traded for rice) from the ewing trade.

that's what we would have gotten, but Dumars backed out. Dumars deserves executive of the year for saving our butts.
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
5/12/2003  6:41 PM
If Jason Kidd was on the Celts, Walter McCarty and Tony Battie would average 10+ ppg. Word.
go knicks!
Pike
Member: #403
5/14/2003  1:38 PM
WOW!! When I saw this topic, AT LEAST LAYDEN ISN'T THE WORST GM" I just couldn't resist. My homies from the (now defunct) Daily News board has heard my tirades for years now but, being that I'm new around here... I'll lay out the Reader's Digest version of this totally inept man called Layden.

The man has been as wrong as humanly possible in just about ever move he's made since his arrival. The beginning of the end was the Ewing debacle. At the time Patrick got traded, he had one year remaining on his contract. Patrick was due to get 16MM in his final year and at the time, the Knicks were 23MM over the dreaded cap. Of course, the move was to let Patrick walk after his contract expired. The Knicks would have been able to peel 16MM off the cap and would have been within a couple minor moves to get under. What does our genius do? He trades Patrick for Rice. A guy playing a position we didn't need but, more importantly, a player one step away from the glue factory... but it gets much worse. Inexplicably, for no reason whatsoever, Layden hands Rice a four year, 36MM contract. After he sees the HUGE mistake he made getting Rice, he compounds the problem which translated into Anderson and Eisley and their overblown contracts which last until 2006/07.

Of course, I don't have to bring up Frederic Weis, Eric Chenowith and all the other brilliant draft choices, Houston's 20.7MM due in the last year of his contract or any of the other ENORMOUS mistakes... he's consistent, he's been wrong every time. However, this is simply the first edition, in the meantime, we can clearly say we're in the NBA abyss until the end of the 2007 season.. unless he makes a few more moves in which case this go on until the 22nd century.. anyway, who do we have to thank for the disaster of monumental proportions? The ARCHITECT, Scott Laydumb... the worse GM in the world. We'll talk again.

p.s. there are no longer envelopes used in the draft selection process that can be conveniently bent (a la Patrick Ewing) to land LeBron James...

prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
5/14/2003  1:59 PM
Layden is the absolute worst GM. he has taken a contender and made them into pretenders.

He has no young talent on his team.

overpayed scrubs.

he doesn't draft right.

he doesn't sign the right free agents.

he doesn't answer questions.

...and to make it worse he still believes that the knicks have a championship caliber team.

Layden is the only general manager that i wouldn't be too sure he would pick Lebron with the number 1 ping pong ball.

seriously

[Edited by - prodson on 05/14/2003 14:03:56]
all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/14/2003  2:29 PM
At least he wears cool glasses....
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
5/14/2003  2:51 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:

At least he wears cool glasses....

yep...

all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
Pike
Member: #403
5/14/2003  2:56 PM
... lol

one NBA GM once made the following comment in describing Layden. "The problem with Scott is, he has trouble making up his mind"...
EnySpree

5/14/2003  3:17 PM
Posted by Pike:

... lol

one NBA GM once made the following comment in describing Layden. "The problem with Scott is, he has trouble making up his mind"...

I remember that....
McHale burned him in the press too remember?

Well with all the Celtics getting mention as possible assistants under Don Cheaney.....Magic probably wouldn't be considered a replacement for Layden. I feel this year is definately Laydens last one.
KARNIVORE
Member: #382
Nigeria
5/14/2003  3:24 PM
yea i agree, it will be his last shot !!! At this rate we will be known as the BOSTON KNICKERBOCKERS !!!
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/14/2003  3:35 PM
~Prod
LOL...HAHAHA

He kind of looks like that guy from that movie.....
flyingvee
Member: #405
5/14/2003  11:36 PM
Nice to see you guys still going at it LOL
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
5/15/2003  9:05 PM
Man, I never knew Layden was such a playa. He probably owns a pimpin' Geo too.
go knicks!
At least Layden isn't the worst GM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy