[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Once again my friends I ask you...
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/12/2003  10:06 AM
Where can I go and watch a basketball game thats fair. I sure as hell know that NBA isn't the place. Without a superstar the Knicks are going no place. I was watch the Lakers-Spurs game and I became so frustrated with the officiating that I didn't even bother to watch the other two games. This thing is RIGGED man. I love basketball and have since I was old enough to understand it which would be about 5 or 6 years old, this thing has me rattled to the point where I am losing faith in the game. I could get a better officiated game in HS basketball than in the NBA. I tell you guy the fix is on. The Lakers did not deserve that game once again it was handed to them. All you have to do to figure out who is going to win the game is not watch the player watch the refs. Whenever the Spurs were threatening to blow the Lakers out they would slap a foul on Tim Duncan, Robinson and who ever was wearing black. Especially the foul called on TD twice that was ridiculous the Lakers over came two deficits of 10 or more point with the help of the refs when Tim Duncan was out. I know there are a lot of people that want drama to the game me I just want what is fair. The refs have this thing called a makeup call which I think is the most ridiculous thing in the world. They make a stupid call and to compound their stupidity they make another stupid call so to even thing out. I have no problem seeing the Lakers win ok I just have a problem with the refs having so much influence on the game, they have way to much influence to have objectivity in the game. This is all about money and extending the playoffs as long as they can.
AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
5/12/2003  10:30 AM
I go to this 10-12 y/o PAL league that's pretty good on the weekends that's pretty good. You wouldn't believe the talent kids have now a days....

The NBA is just dirty....one of these days...someone is going to expose the NBA, you'll see.
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
5/12/2003  11:40 AM
Posted by Vmart:

The refs have this thing called a makeup call which I think is the most ridiculous thing in the world. They make a stupid call and to compound their stupidity they make another stupid call so to even thing out. ... I just have a problem with the refs having so much influence on the game, they have way to much influence to have objectivity in the game.
i agree with this 100 percent. but even more than that the home teams are getting favorable calls no matter what unless you are the defending champion lakers i guess.
i guess that is what the nba means by "homecourt advantage".
all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
5/12/2003  11:44 AM
I will throw in my 2 cents...NBA officiating sucks. But so does officiating in the NFL, Tennis has its share of bad line calls etc. Nothing is perfect. The NBA does tend to be one sided in crucial games and series...but I am addicted and wont stop watching.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/12/2003  12:37 PM
They all suck but none are worse than the NBA......
KARNIVORE
Member: #382
Nigeria
5/12/2003  1:15 PM
SHAQ & KOBE combined for 45 ft attempts in gmae #4 !!!! DAVID STERN is delivering one last present to PHIL JACKSON. Its his "GET WELL GIFT" !!
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/12/2003  1:19 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:

I agree, there is no consistency. A guy can get battered in the post and no foul is called but go down the court and the refs call a touch foul. It sucks and i really don't think the refs know what to do regarding calling a fair and consistent game...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Vmart
USA
5/12/2003  1:38 PM
Posted by KARNIVORE:

SHAQ & KOBE combined for 45 ft attempts in gmae #4 !!!! DAVID STERN is delivering one last present to PHIL JACKSON. Its his "GET WELL GIFT" !!

He has had more gifts than anyone in the NBA. He has 9 titles and some were gift wrapped for him.
Vmart
USA
5/12/2003  1:44 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Swishfm3:

I agree, there is no consistency. A guy can get battered in the post and no foul is called but go down the court and the refs call a touch foul. It sucks and i really don't think the refs know what to do regarding calling a fair and consistent game...

I really believe they choose the outcome of the game even before the tip. What is more shocking to me is how the media can make a stink of everything that happens in the world and they don't investigate such matters. This is fraud at work. I guess the media doesn't want to write or talk about it because its their job at stake. They need the NBA to fill up the sports pages and for TV revenues so no one says anything about it. I just wish the NBA atleast does what wrestling does and call themselves sports entertainment.
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
5/12/2003  2:28 PM
speaking of officiating...

The Heat were most upset about a ruling with 2.1 seconds left. When Weatherspoon missed a 14-footer, the Knicks' Latrell Sprewell grabbed the rebound, then stumbled out of bounds.

After discussing the play with his colleagues, Salvatore ruled the Knicks had called a timeout when Sprewell had the ball.

"I had Sprewell calling time out, but I wasn't sure where his foot was," Salvatore said. "I didn't believe he was out of bounds, but I wanted to check with my partner to make sure he was not out of bounds when my whistle blew. He confirmed that there was no question that the timeout came before he went out of bounds."

Only one problem: Sprewell said he didn't call a timeout.

"I don't know who called time out," Sprewell said. "I thought they gave me the foul. (The Heat) were pushing me out of bounds."

Heat center Alonzo Mourning said Bennett initially signaled possession to Miami.

"Then he huddled up with his colleagues and changed his call," Mourning said. "(Sprewell) didn't call time out. He stepped out of bounds."

The Knicks took possession at midcourt and ran out the clock for the victory.

....awwwww. snif
all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
Once again my friends I ask you...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy