[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Travis Outlaw enters draft
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/9/2003  7:14 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/news/2003/05/09/msu_recruit_ap/
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
prodson
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #395
Colombia
5/9/2003  8:48 PM
Briggs the time has come for the Knicks to go young and athletic. drafting a guy like travis outlaw will definitely do that for this franchise. he is slender but he has to pick up his weight in the nba which i think any committed basketball player does. he is a good leaper and he is very talented. i don't thnk the knicks ca go wrong with this guy in the later round. we agree. the small forward spot is sitting there waiting for him to take it within the next 3 years. scott layden i know you are a moron but please please don't pass this guy up.
all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/9/2003  11:03 PM
no, layden is a mormon.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/9/2003  11:07 PM
prodson man, I feel you on this one. Knicks need an infusion of youth baby, and Outlaw is defintely a guy to grab. Definitely. Long arms make him a good rebounder and shot blocker right now in the NBA, and he's a project who in 3 yeras could turn into McGrady.

I'd now look into the Soncis trade for the 2 picks and use one to get Outlaw.
#Knickstaps
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/9/2003  11:07 PM
Prod: good point, but lets be real there are some sharp GM's out there with mid to late 1st round picks, Don't be suprised to see a pheonix or even the Rockets to pick this kid high, or a team like the Kings to or blazers to pick him up late, those teams recognize the need for young depth, the knicks have always dropped the ball here. If layden had any type of GM skills he would package those 2 second round picks to move up and nab this kid, He has the ability to make us NYorkers proud again...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/10/2003  11:29 AM
Posted by prodson:

Briggs the time has come for the Knicks to go young and athletic. drafting a guy like travis outlaw will definitely do that for this franchise. he is slender but he has to pick up his weight in the nba which i think any committed basketball player does. he is a good leaper and he is very talented. i don't thnk the knicks ca go wrong with this guy in the later round. we agree. the small forward spot is sitting there waiting for him to take it within the next 3 years. scott layden i know you are a moron but please please don't pass this guy up.

NYK idea of youth is 28 year old players with skill on the downside.
prodson
Member: #395
Colombia
5/12/2003  11:54 AM
NYK idea of youth is 28 year old players with skill on the downside.

...sad but true Vmart
all those years as a fan and now i'm the anti-knick. life is crazy aint it.
KARNIVORE
Member: #382
Nigeria
5/12/2003  12:17 PM
I don't know anything about this kat. Is he legit ???
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
5/12/2003  6:34 PM
Posted by KARNIVORE:

I don't know anything about this kat. Is he legit ???
Oh fo sho. I brought him up a while ago. The deal is, he is a 3. If Dice doesn't come back, we'll basically be sending Spree out the door and conceding the next season. Regardless, he's gonna be a star in the league.

Check this article from SLAM Magazine:

Risin' Outlaw
By Nima Zarrabi

Travis Outlaw is one of the best dunkers in the country. But if you only focus on that, you'll miss the big picture.

It doesn't take much to get Travis Outlaw to start clownin'. A mere mention of his 10 blocks per game last season is all it takes to get the Starkville (MS) High School star laughing. "I don't know why they ain't learned yet," Outlaw says of his opponents, between giggles. "It might be because I look so slim and they think they can take it to me or get me in foul trouble, but no. I'm going to send it out."
The 6-9, 200-pound senior did more than pin shots last season, dropping 25 ppg, 11 bpg and 6 apg, good enough to catch some serious looks from some of the top colleges in the country. "People have no idea how athletic this kid is," says Starkville coach Greg Carter, an ALL-SEC performer and former assistant coach at Mississippi State. "I'd compare him to McGrady in that he's a tall, athletic player who can handle the ball, shoot the three and dunk on you." A member of the Starkville varsity since the eighth grade, Outlaw has long been on the wish list of MSU, the local university. The Bulldogs have made Outlaw a top priority during the past few years, hoping to keep their home-grown star from leaving the state. Outlaw rewarded that persistence in June when he picked MSU over Memphis. "The decision was a very close one," he says. "It really came down to staying at home so my family and my friends can watch me play–that was the biggest factor."
Outlaw sees himself as a two or three in college, preferring to do most of his damage form the perimeter. "I've had a lot of coaches try to stick me down in the post and it hasn't worked out," he says. "I like to move around a lot and get a chance to shoot jump shots. Sometimes I settle for the jumper a little too much, but I'm working on that."
Last summer at adidas ABCD camp, Outlaw's jumper hit a snag, but hardly derailed his aggressive approach. Instead, he shifted his focus to quickness, getting to the rack with ease and putting down monster dunks that got some heavy play form the crowd, including a memorable alley-oop from beyond half-court. "My jumper just wasn't falling for me," the ABCD All-Star co-MVP says. "So i just told myself to go out there and start dunking, and that's what I did."

He's basically this years more athletic Q Woods. But with an abundance of talented lottery-bound big men, we really need to decide whether we address our needs this draft or not.
go knicks!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/12/2003  8:26 PM
Another SLAM reader ^^^ isn't that the greatest BBALL mag?
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
5/13/2003  9:14 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:

Another SLAM reader ^^^ isn't that the greatest BBALL mag?
Fo shiggity. Just got the new one today, but it's the Kidd cover. Life ain't fair.

Outlaw may not produce immediately, but five years from now, he's gonna be a player.
go knicks!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/13/2003  10:15 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

no, layden is a mormon.

LOL
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Travis Outlaw enters draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy