[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anyone read that stuff on Pavel the siberian Giant today? He will be lucky to be drafted
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/6/2003  12:29 PM
I wouldnt waste a pick on him even in the second round.

Let me show you an example of a HIGH quality draft forthe Knicks if we dont move.

First off--let's remember that it is possible that the Knicks can improve some things on their frontline through trades and free agency.

That being said you want to stay with the best players who are available and make sense.

If we have a draft like

#9 Mike Sweetney 6-8 260 a top 5 dominant CBB player with a 7-2 wingspan high skill level who was used to playing against double and triple teams every night. Hard worker, very quick despite massive frame with tremendous strength and skilllevel. Comes intothe NBA polished and rady toplay.Has the potential to be a 20-10 player within 2-3 years.Will help any club immediately.
#31 Troy Bell 6-1 185 Stayed 4 years at BC. Very athletic player who is a shoot first point guard. Has as much athletiscm skill and confidence as ANY PG in the draft. I personally watched himplay many times including last year when he dunked over 6-7 245 pound Caron Butler. This is a good pick because it puts an ATHLETE who can penetrate into the backcourt yet at the same time has a deadly jumper.

#38Charlie Villenueva 6-10 225 SF A top 5 high school basketball player.Immense talent--incredible athletiscm.the Knicks havent has a player with this typeof athletic ability since Gerald wilkins.He may take a year or two to flourish, but it's well worth it. Can play some backup now.

Then perhaps we address size issues by going after a Brad Miller, a Chris Mihm via fA or trade.I also like Lamar Odom.If we become stronger at the 3-4 having KT atcenter is not a problem.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
5/6/2003  1:11 PM
you contradict yourself in so many ways that it's not even funny anymore....
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/6/2003  3:34 PM
I'd like that draft too, I think the Knicks are a better team with those players. If the Knicks could snag Odom that'd be great, he's a very talented player who's been underutilized in LAC and had the drug problems, but I'd be willing to take a chance on him, that's the kind of player you take chances on (one with lots of talent, good size, young as opposed to Layden's normal reaches of undersized, only does one thing well, old). I've seen Bell and Sweetney a ton because I live on the East Coast (NY) and I watched Villanueva this year in an AAU game when he played against my friend and I like all of the players.

If Bell was another 2 inches taller I think he'd be a first round pick. It's absurd how 2 inches can have such an impact on a player.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/6/2003  4:16 PM
It's absurd how 2 inches can have such an impact on a player.
Have you heard that somewhere else recently?
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/6/2003  4:59 PM
Nope.
#Knickstaps
Anyone read that stuff on Pavel the siberian Giant today? He will be lucky to be drafted

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy