[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Cross Out Jackson.
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
9/28/2001  9:44 PM
He just signed an offer sheet with Houston for their $3.25M medical exception which means another missed opportunity for us. Our next choice would have to be Chris Gatling and i think we have a good chance to grab him. Word is Miami has offered him the veteran's minimum of 1 million dollars, but he would like more money. Playing in new york would be a good thing for him and for the Knicks. He would improve our team a lot because he's big, will play center, and can shoot the ball very well. I hope we don't miss out on him either.

Link to Jackson Deal: http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2001/0928/1256630.html
AUTOADVERT
VG
Member: #68
Australia
9/29/2001  1:50 AM
We should go after Mason, start him at the 3 slide Spree to the 2 and hope we can trade Houston to another team.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
9/29/2001  9:16 AM
I like the way that sounds, but it doesn't look like Mason will be coming to new york. Plus Houston is going to be here for a long time and i'm content building around our big three Camby, Sprewell, and Houston. I think right now we have to hope we're going to get Chris Gatling because his top choice looks to be new york and i really think he could help a lot coming off the bench.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
9/29/2001  5:04 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

I like the way that sounds, but it doesn't look like Mason will be coming to new york. Plus Houston is going to be here for a long time and i'm content building around our big three Camby, Sprewell, and Houston. I think right now we have to hope we're going to get Chris Gatling because his top choice looks to be new york and i really think he could help a lot coming off the bench.

I agree with you Knixkik in that the best option is to build around the "Big Three" and hope to add some solid role players here and there to help us become legit title contenders. Marc Jackson was one of these players, we let him slip. Let's not allow the same to happen with Gat!

==============================
http://www.geocities.com/camby_online
==============================
We suck.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
9/29/2001  8:13 PM
yo since GS can still match if they want, i think this is what the KNICks should do...
offer to trade ward for a second round pick, and make them match Houstons offer. Then the knicks offer the 2.9 and they dont match... this only happens if jackson hates the warriors....
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Cross Out Jackson.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy