[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Chris Marcus
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
5/5/2003  5:58 PM
If this guy is healthy, he's a LEGIT top 10 NBA Center as a rookie, no questions.

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/chrismarcus.htm

This guy is just amazing.
AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/6/2003  10:11 AM
you're joking right?
Caseloads
5/6/2003  10:53 AM
Posted by Swishfm3:

you're joking right?
dead serious. you seen his game? he's better than KT at center... who are the centers out there?

Elden Campbell?

Eddy Curry?

Jamaal Magloore?

Dekembe Mutombo?

Curtis B?

Ostertag?

Collins twins?

Derrick Coleman?

Vlade?

Bradley?

Felton Spencer?

Travis Knight?

Brad Miller?

Loren Woods?

Seriously. Top 10, not #1, 2, 3 or even 7. He'd be like the 9th best, in my opinion.

knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
5/6/2003  10:59 AM
Have you even seen the guy play?

What he has is an unbelievable frame

what he lacks is technique, footspeed, athleticism, knowledge of the game

He got manhandled by Curtis Borchardt for pete's sake.

If healthy, he's a big body you can throw in for some fouls and perhaps in the future he'd be a decent starter IF HEALTHY

but no way no how does he EVER crack the top 10 centers in the NBA.

He started playing at his last year in HS, just because he had the built for it and possibly could get a scholarship which he got.

I mean, Felton Spencer would whoop his @$$!!!
Caseloads
5/6/2003  11:27 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Have you even seen the guy play?

What he has is an unbelievable frame

what he lacks is technique, footspeed, athleticism, knowledge of the game

He got manhandled by Curtis Borchardt for pete's sake.

If healthy, he's a big body you can throw in for some fouls and perhaps in the future he'd be a decent starter IF HEALTHY

but no way no how does he EVER crack the top 10 centers in the NBA.

He started playing at his last year in HS, just because he had the built for it and possibly could get a scholarship which he got.

I mean, Felton Spencer would whoop his @$$!!!
chris marcus played in that game coming off major injury.

he has really nice game, period. just a tad slow, and hopefully some drills would get him in gear.
Caseloads
5/6/2003  11:31 AM
i'm talking about getting him with our second, second round pick.

the guy is a legit center in a league filled with pf's playing out of position at center.

he has low post moves and skills and could be taught a few things.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
5/6/2003  11:53 AM
I wouldn't have a problem picking him with the 2nd 2nd pick. But the comment "a league filled with pf's playing out of position at center" should tell you something. Every year, there are plenty of 7-foot guys getting drafted, but they are either KG/Dirk wannabes who like to play SF/PF, shoot jumpers and not get banged up (they're not centers) or guys who just cannot keep up with he amazing speed of NBA players.

The PFs are playing out of position because they are better centers than the people drafted to play center. That's why I'm wary of picking guys who are 'really good' college/Euroleague centers. Big Country was a monster center in college, but a slow-moving goofus in the NBA.

Guys like Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, Ewing, Dream, Admiral - they were tracked from very young ages and expected to be superstar players years before they were drafted. If Yao had grown up here, he would have been tracked the same way. It's possible one of the European guys will be an All-Star one day, but that's a crapshoot, as Briggs pointed out elsewhere. The ones who have been heavily scouted have lots of weaknesses, notably with footwork.

The 2nd round picks are gravy picks. I think we should get an athlete with our 9 (unless traded of course) and get taller/stronger through trades.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/6/2003  12:02 PM
oh..Second round is cool. I was a little interested in him last year when he was making noise..but after watching one of his games he didn't impress me...
I would draft him if Lang wasn't available...
Caseloads
5/6/2003  1:38 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:

oh..Second round is cool. I was a little interested in him last year when he was making noise..but after watching one of his games he didn't impress me...
I would draft him if Lang wasn't available...
I'd like to see Lang with the first pick, MAYBE marcus with the second. Honestly, there will be some nice shoot first PGs available - Bell, Hatten, etc, but i don't know if there is space on the team for them right now, unfortunately, with Williams and Milos in the fold for the PG spot in a year or two.
john44
Member: #115
USA
5/6/2003  1:44 PM
I'm all for drafting Marcus in the second round and theres almost a 100% chance he'll be there in the begining of the second round. He would give us hieght and strength. I would love to have him come off the bench and give us some size and a post threat. Also if he played next to thomas or dice it would make them better because they could play PF besides center. With the other second round pick they should try to get some kind of athletic SF who can run the court.
Matt
Caseloads
5/6/2003  2:05 PM
Posted by john44:

I'm all for drafting Marcus in the second round and theres almost a 100% chance he'll be there in the begining of the second round. He would give us hieght and strength. I would love to have him come off the bench and give us some size and a post threat. Also if he played next to thomas or dice it would make them better because they could play PF besides center. With the other second round pick they should try to get some kind of athletic SF who can run the court.
The truth is we shouldn't draft any PGs, SGs, or SFs, as they just won't get any time. If Charlie V. or Outlaw are available, we should look at them with our second second rounder. If these guys are on the board, we grab them, over Chris Marcus. But if they aren't, i say we shouldn't pick up more SFs who just wont get any time. lee Nailon is a 6-9 SF who can score well, and couldn't get time at SF over Spree and Shandon Anderson, why would a draft pick at the PG/SG/SF spots get any time here, or even develop well, period. Frank Williams has shown nothing, and gotten no experience for this year. Postell has shown no progress in the what, 3 years he's been a knick? Lee Nailon has not gotten on the court either.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/6/2003  3:39 PM
A reach pick like Outlaw or Villanueva, a guy who could ride the pine for a few years and learn the game and then start making contributions down the road is fine with me (like Al Harrington, Jon Bender, and JO'Neal), but I think going big in the 2nd is also smart, as long as it's not a bad pick. Lang makes sense, he has potential and is a good baskeball palyer. Picking Marcus doesn't make sense to me. He's constantly been injurd, he has ZERO love for the game, he has poor skills, and as someone pointed out, Curtis Borchardt pushed him around a couple of years ago. Picking a guy who's above 6'10" is a good idea, but not when they're terrible at basketball (who remembers Eric Chenowith?) I'd rather get a guy like Bell or Hatten who can be like Bobby Jackson off the bench and provide instant offense and get a talented player like that then take a bum like Marcus who will be gone in 3 years due to lack of motivation/injuries/weight problems.
#Knickstaps
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/6/2003  3:40 PM
Just food for thought:

"Caseloads http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/chrismarcus.htm

This guy is just amazing."

I decided to see why he was so amazing.

"NBA Comparison: Bryant Reeves"

#Knickstaps
Chris Marcus

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy