greek baby shaq
View Results

Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
5/4/2003  1:42 PM
The last time the Knicks had a foreign player come over was...never. They've just had bad luck. I watched Sweetney play a ton in college, I always went to every game in the Big East Championship cause I live in NY and it was always at the Garden and I think he's a pretty good low post player. I know nothing about the Greek Baby Shaq other then the fact that he's pretty big. I could see Sweeteny in three years averaging 17 and 10 with 1 or 2 blocks, or numbers along those lines.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
LarrythaLeo
Member: #71
USA
5/4/2003  2:05 PM
If both of these guys measure up to be around 6'8", which is what they're probably gonna measure up to, eventhough I've never seen Baby Shaq so I can't be so sure of his height. I believe that if we draft either one of them we'd be keeping that status quo of drafting/signing more undersized power forwards, I just only wish the knicks would've kept Nene who was listed at 6'11" in shoes who would've been able to contribute and develop into a star in the very near future, especially if he were still in the east. I believe if the best available player on the board is from Europe and of size for his position, or oversized with athleticism we shouldn't just overlook them nor should we pass on players like a Jarvis Hayes, or a Reece Gaines if there are no suitable centers left when we pick. Right now the Knicks need as many assets for a monster deal to send some of these contracts away. If scenario two were to occur and if we were to draft one of the second tier lotto picks and draft Hayes or Gaines then I would want to see Sprewell move on to a team that is in a position to win now, and we would recieve some size and maybe some picks.
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/5/2003  12:55 PM
When is Greek Baby Shaq coming stateside for draft workouts, measurements, etc?

I don't think he has officially declared yet even.

The lotto is going to be held in about 2 weeks... who has their lucky charms ready?
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/5/2003  3:32 PM
Neither, I would rather the Kicks go with Pavel most likely he will be gone before the Knicks pick if he isn't on the board then go with Kosta. In the second round pick up Lang and with the other second round pick take Villaneueva or Outlaw.
john44
Member: #115
USA
5/5/2003  3:38 PM
There is no reason why the knicks should go after a undersized power foward. They need real size somebody 6'10 or bigger. I really hope they can drap Kaman he is a ligit 7 feet and has some post moves. If they cant get a legit pf/c they should trade the pick and get something. Also in the second round i think they should go after chris marcus, if he was healthy last year he was a lottery pick. Its the second round it cant hurt to take a chance on a guy like that. And with frank williams hopefully getting a full traing camp under his belt i think he will be the back up next year and possible get about 30 minutes a game.
Matt
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/5/2003  5:55 PM
Posted by john44:

There is no reason why the knicks should go after a undersized power foward. They need real size somebody 6'10 or bigger. I really hope they can drap Kaman he is a ligit 7 feet and has some post moves. If they cant get a legit pf/c they should trade the pick and get something. Also in the second round i think they should go after chris marcus, if he was healthy last year he was a lottery pick. Its the second round it cant hurt to take a chance on a guy like that. And with frank williams hopefully getting a full traing camp under his belt i think he will be the back up next year and possible get about 30 minutes a game.
marcus's injuries have dropped his stock. The guy is a damn HOUSE though. he's huge, in a great way. he's a little slower than shaq, and isn't really as mean/aggressive on the court as shaq, but has a center's back to the basket game and a great hook shot. His footwork is so nice it reminds me of Tim Duncan's.
sweetney or greek baby shaq?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy