[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

this draft is deep
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
5/1/2003  10:15 PM
this year's draft is deep and not clear cut, due to all of the euros... there will be good talent to be had in the second round... bigs will abound this year. tons of guys over 6'10, guys with game.

insider was right, PF is the best stocked this year.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/1/2003  11:33 PM
I like Sweetney a lot but I'm thinking T.J. Ford might drop. I just have a gut feeling he'll drop like Butler did last year, every year one guy does. If he falls to where the Knicks pick (probably 9), do you take him? I would, I love watching this guy play. Put him with guys who can run and jump and he'll average 10 assists. He's the next Jason Kidd.
#Knickstaps
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/1/2003  11:44 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I like Sweetney a lot but I'm thinking T.J. Ford might drop. I just have a gut feeling he'll drop like Butler did last year, every year one guy does. If he falls to where the Knicks pick (probably 9), do you take him? I would, I love watching this guy play. Put him with guys who can run and jump and he'll average 10 assists. He's the next Jason Kidd.

This was the same question I was asking myself: if TJ dropped to the 9 slot, do you draft on talent alone? I haven't seen the kid play very much, but do you pass up on a AI-like talent?

Even at 9, I like the Knicks' chance of filling a spot with a talent player. And the 2 second rounders? Layden is a talent at picking late and getting quality players.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
5/2/2003  6:56 AM
AI talent not quite but he put up bricks AI. BUt he alot like Damon Stoudamire. His height and pre-existing spinal problem is a small concern.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
BigSm00th
USA
5/2/2003  4:16 PM
Ford is like AI cause he uses his speed and quickness so well. I've followed him for a while, became a big fan when I saw him in the McDonald's game or one of those HS allstar games a while back. He's a phenomenal passer and ballhandler, sets up teammates very well. I'd definitely draft him, I'd say he's Jason Kidd in Allen Iverson's body. Ward's contract is off the books in a few years, when Eisley gets toward the end of his contract he could be traded, and Vujanic won't be here for a while.

According to all the scouting reports Vujanic is more of a scorer with good range and is 6'4". That'd be a pretty potent backcourt in Chaney's offense, two guards who can fly, handle the ball, pass it well, and one with great range while the other can slash and set up team mates.
#Knickstaps
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/2/2003  5:15 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

T.J. Ford will be like Speeedy Claxton or Stoudamire. Defensive liability Knicks need to stay away from him besides they are way to over loaded at the PG. The guy I like is Bosh I would try and trade up for him if they can. Bosh is a reach though and no one would want to trade up with the Knicks. Other than that I am big on Lang and I would not be afraid to use the 9th on him, after all if the Knicks don't trade it they pretty much can choose anyone and make him a bust. I'm not buy the board thing that are evaluating the players what I saw in Lang is determination to be great and willingness to work hard to make it to the NBA. He dropped 70 lbs. Man if that isn't dedication I don't know what is especially for a HS kid. A good trainer and he is the NYK future big man.
BigSm00th
USA
5/2/2003  6:04 PM
"He dropped 70 lbs. Man if that isn't dedication I don't know what is especially for a HS kid. A good trainer and he is the NYK future big man."-70 pounds for a kid in HS at that weight is nothing. I'm on my high school wrestling team and we had a kid drop this year from 360 to 270 just because he had a lot of unneccesary fat. You don't balloon to 400 pounds or near 400 pounds without being very lazy. Just through a workout program of running, eating right, and lifting and a kid at 400 pounds could losea ton of weight. Using the 9th pick on him is ridiculous, I think it's a good gamble that he'll be around in the SECOND round, and the Knicks coudl very easily trade up to the end of the first to snag him by using both of their 2nd rounders to a contender that doesn't want a guaranteed contract of a first rounder on their hands.
#Knickstaps
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/4/2003  5:40 PM
Pass.....TJ Ford is quick but he has no jumper. Besides, the Knicks don't need a PG.
BigSm00th
USA
5/4/2003  6:19 PM
Neither did Jason Kidd when he came out of Cal. Ford's talent is so beyond the other players talent at 9 that I think it'd be very stupid for them to pass up.
#Knickstaps
this draft is deep

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy