[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

R.Jefferson to go to Olympics??
Author Thread
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
5/1/2003  9:05 PM
I'm not hating..but this is bull****...I'm sure he will bring excitement to the game but how do you pink him over V.Carter, A.Houston and S.Marbury?

ESPECIALLY STEPHON MARBURY!!!......

Anyway...it's not official. Something I heard in P.T.I today.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/1/2003  11:30 PM
I agree, I don't really understand this selection at all. All this guy can do is catch alley-oops, he's definitely not on a Dream Team level of a player.
#Knickstaps
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/2/2003  9:48 AM
They comittee is trying to pick non-supertars to ride the pine. Like Laettner in the dream team.
BigSm00th
USA
5/2/2003  4:18 PM
Yeah, my friend told me today. They picked 3 guys who won't complain about PT, will be good guys in the lockerroom, etc. I don't know why Houston was overlooked then, he fills all the qualifications above, has been to the Olympics before, and can create his own shot and shoot better then Jefferson. I guess his defense is the problem.

Brand is a solid player and they usually pick an NCAA player like Collison, but the Jefferson pick has me scratching my head.
#Knickstaps
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
5/2/2003  4:43 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Yeah, my friend told me today. They picked 3 guys who won't complain about PT, will be good guys in the lockerroom, etc. I don't know why Houston was overlooked then, he fills all the qualifications above, has been to the Olympics before, and can create his own shot and shoot better then Jefferson. I guess his defense is the problem.

Brand is a solid player and they usually pick an NCAA player like Collison, but the Jefferson pick has me scratching my head.

I think Jefferson was taken for a few reasons:
1) He is a boyscout, you hear him talk? He is everything the committee wants on that team in terms of personality and brains.
2) Houston has been before, Jefferson hasnt - some fresh blood.
3) They have to show some respect to the east, the Nets are the best in the east (cough) and Jefferson would be a solid role player.
4) Someone said all he can do is dunk ally oops - well last time I checked this team was pretty stacked with talent that can toss him some sky passes.

I dont see the big deal, he is a decent player and he will fill a role. He will represnt the country well. And as far as I am concerned, if they were picking talent from good teams - I wouldnt include the Knicks in that mix.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/2/2003  5:21 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I think you guys should be happey houston doesn't go one thing about Houston is he wears out easy and for me the NBA season is more important than the USA basketball team. As for Jefferson this guy has superstar written all over him he is only going to get better and this is a great way to promote him.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/4/2003  5:42 PM
I just wish S.Marbury would get some love.....
BigSm00th
USA
5/4/2003  6:21 PM
"I just wish S.Marbury would get some love....."-Lol, I feel you, but the US hates sending 'thuggish' guys like that because they are perceived very badly in the other countries because of the tats, ice, and just overrall swagger they have. I hate it too, but look at Iverson: arguably a top 5, definitely a top 10 player in the NBA and it was there were probably arguments back and forth for a while at the USOC or US Bball committee, whoever picks them to go, before they finally concluded he should.
#Knickstaps
R.Jefferson to go to Olympics??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy