[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Either win the lottery or get Kaman or Sweetney
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/1/2003  3:07 PM
that's pretty much it in a nutshell. I WISH that some how we could do a deal where dumped KT - perhaps a future restricted 1 + one of our 2s to a team like Miami for their pick and walk out of the draft with both Kaman and Sweetney. We need to move on from Mcdyess and we need to rebuild our frontline ASAP. We can use the MLE on a 1-2 year type deal to solidify the frontcourt--say a Dale Davis who wants to get out of Portland to a 3 year 15mm mle contract with the teams option on year three with no buyout. Draft Troy Bell with our opening 2nd round pick and release/buyout Ward. Wed have to takeback a small contract like Anthony Carter to makeit work.

i.e

NY sends Kurt Thomas a 2004#1 pick restricted to 13 and the 38th pick in the 2003 draft to Miami for the rights to Anthony Carter and the 5th pick.

With the 5th pick in the draft the Knicks select Chris Kaman center
With the 9th pick inthe draft the Knicks select Mike Sweetney PF
With the 31st pick the Knicks select Troy bell PG

The Knicks sign Dale Davis C to a 3 year 15 mm dollar contract with a team option in y3

The Knicks buyout the contract of C ward PG for 2mm
The Knicks trade Frank Williams guard +1mm to Denver for a future second round pick
The Knicks buyout Travis Knight C for 4mm of his 4.4mm salary making him a free agent

Lineup 9 m rotation
C-Dale Davis 6-11 250
PF Mike Sweetney 6-8 280
SF Shanden Andersen 6-6 210
SG Allan Hosuton 6-6 200
PG Howard eisley 6-2 180
Chris Kaman 7-1 265
Mike Doleac 6-11 240
Latrell Sprewell 6-5 190
Troy Bell 6-1 185
out of rotation
harrington pf
Spoon sf
Carter pg
IR
Mcdyess

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/1/2003  3:35 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

that's pretty much it in a nutshell. I WISH that some how we could do a deal where dumped KT - perhaps a future restricted 1 + one of our 2s to a team like Miami for their pick and walk out of the draft with both Kaman and Sweetney. We need to move on from Mcdyess and we need to rebuild our frontline ASAP. We can use the MLE on a 1-2 year type deal to solidify the frontcourt--say a Dale Davis who wants to get out of Portland to a 3 year 15mm mle contract with the teams option on year three with no buyout. Draft Troy Bell with our opening 2nd round pick and release/buyout Ward. Wed have to takeback a small contract like Anthony Carter to makeit work.

i.e

NY sends Kurt Thomas a 2004#1 pick restricted to 13 and the 38th pick in the 2003 draft to Miami for the rights to Anthony Carter and the 5th pick.

With the 5th pick in the draft the Knicks select Chris Kaman center
With the 9th pick inthe draft the Knicks select Mike Sweetney PF
With the 31st pick the Knicks select Troy bell PG

The Knicks sign Dale Davis C to a 3 year 15 mm dollar contract with a team option in y3

The Knicks buyout the contract of C ward PG for 2mm
The Knicks trade Frank Williams guard +1mm to Denver for a future second round pick
The Knicks buyout Travis Knight C for 4mm of his 4.4mm salary making him a free agent

Lineup 9 m rotation
C-Dale Davis 6-11 250
PF Mike Sweetney 6-8 280
SF Shanden Andersen 6-6 210
SG Allan Hosuton 6-6 200
PG Howard eisley 6-2 180
Chris Kaman 7-1 265
Mike Doleac 6-11 240
Latrell Sprewell 6-5 190
Troy Bell 6-1 185
out of rotation
harrington pf
Spoon sf
Carter pg
IR
Mcdyess

I would rather the Knicks trade their pick 9th, KT, Spree to Portland for Wallace and Anderson. with the two second round pick I think they can trade those two picks and try and get it to the 20s of the first round. With that they should pick a center I prefer Kosta Perovic/Land/Vranes. I would take Kosta because I think he has the most upside out of the three. This would give the KNicks the biggst team in the east and compareable to the west teams. Line up:

Wallace sf 6'11''
Dice pf 6'9''
Perovic 7'3''
Houston 6'6''
Eisley/Ward
Bench: S. Anderson, D. Anderson, Spoon, Harrington, Williams, Ward, Doleac.

That is a big lineup that can win the east for sure it has good combination of youth and veterans.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
5/1/2003  3:41 PM
IF Perovic declares, big IF, he's lottery material who may go in the 7-12 range.
Vmart
USA
5/1/2003  3:57 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

IF Perovic declares, big IF, he's lottery material who may go in the 7-12 range.

I think he will declare if he knows that he will go high. The trick though is getting him on the Knick and getting Wallace too. I know the Knicks won't be able to get Wallace without the number one pick.
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
5/1/2003  4:46 PM
@Briggs...you would never make it as a GM

@VMART
You want to trade the Knicks TWO second round pick for a 1? Did I understand correctly?? If so, that's probably the smart but I really don't see that happen because the draft is so weak......their won't be anyone worth drafting in the second round..imo
Vmart
USA
5/1/2003  5:00 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:

@Briggs...you would never make it as a GM

@VMART
You want to trade the Knicks TWO second round pick for a 1? Did I understand correctly?? If so, that's probably the smart but I really don't see that happen because the draft is so weak......their won't be anyone worth drafting in the second round..imo

Yeah most of these thing that are stated never happen were all just writing what we think they should do. If they can they should try to do the two second round picks and throw in Ward to get the first round. I still think there will be some player that will drop to the second round that may be worth the risk nothing great but I can see a risk taken on Chris Marcus.
Either win the lottery or get Kaman or Sweetney

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy