[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2nd rounders?
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/29/2003  6:56 PM
My friend and I were thinking of ways to use the 2nd rounders and we came up with this:
1) Use the picks on players w/ potential or on guys scouts have written off (i.e. Charlie Villanueva, James Lang, Marcus Hatten, etc.)
2) Hedo Turkoglu is dying to play in Sacramento. Obviously, they have depth and he's friends with Divac and Stojackovic, but what if he demands a trade due to his lack of playing time? How about trading Knight and both the 2nd rounders for him. He's a young player with potential who can play either forward position and the Kings get a big man who will have 6 fouls to use up on Shaq and rookies with non-guaranteed contracts.

How do you think the Knicks should use the two?
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/29/2003  6:59 PM
i say draft a talented unknown foreign player like we did with Milos in the 2nd round
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/30/2003  9:43 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

My friend and I were thinking of ways to use the 2nd rounders and we came up with this:
1) Use the picks on players w/ potential or on guys scouts have written off (i.e. Charlie Villanueva, James Lang, Marcus Hatten, etc.)
2) Hedo Turkoglu is dying to play in Sacramento. Obviously, they have depth and he's friends with Divac and Stojackovic, but what if he demands a trade due to his lack of playing time? How about trading Knight and both the 2nd rounders for him. He's a young player with potential who can play either forward position and the Kings get a big man who will have 6 fouls to use up on Shaq and rookies with non-guaranteed contracts.

How do you think the Knicks should use the two?

Use the picks on Lang, Varnes or Kosta Big man is needed for the KNicks in the worst way. I like Varnes he is listed at 7'6'' and some have him at 7'7''. Defense is key if he can play like Eaton which by the way is one of Laydens favorite, he would be well worth the pick. He is Young and willing to learn If he gets a chance I can see him in three years being equal to Yao Ming that played this year. Which is not bad upside he has it. I say the Knicks take him with their first second round pick with the second they should use it on Lang another big man 6'11'' 325lbs.

Let hope with the first pick the Knicks get lucky and walk away with LBJ, Milicic or Anthony. That would give the Knicks a nice young core of players to work with. If Vujanic ever get to the Knicks their future line up will be better than what they have now.

Lang PF 6'11'' 325 lbs
Anthony sf 6'8''
Varanes c 7'6''
Houston sg 6'6''
Vujanic g 6'3''

Bench: Williams, Spoon, Harrington, Anderson, Eisley and Thomas.

Thats a nice lineup don't you think.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
4/30/2003  12:15 PM
I really doubt Hatten or Lang will be available in the 2 round. Lang as shown a lot potential and commitment...Hatten showed and proved at the NIT....

but if Lang is available I would hope the Knicks take him. I'm not really interested in Hatten because he's a two and Villanueva really don't show much at the McDonalds game
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/30/2003  12:53 PM
My opinion is to just be opportunistic. One player I like a lot that could make a ton of sense is Troy Bell. Charlie Ward hasa huge salary and has only played 60 games for the team on the average for the last three years. Frank Williams was a very poor shooter in college without speed. Troy Bell on the other hand is a very quick point guard who can really shoot it. I think he will bring a ton of confidence and could be our back up PG in year 1.He does remind me a lot of Bobby Jackson. If you buyout Ward for 2mm and draft -sign Bell to a 3 year 1.3mm contract, I believe you did well. I would like to seethe condition of Chris Marcus as well. If he is all right,he will likely go first round. Not to many 7-2 290 pound centers who can actually play ball. If his foot needs a year of rehab but the potential for a full cure is within reason--then that would be a player I would also be interested in.

I think that Lang and Villanueva will either get assurances or they will go to school.I think it is possible that teams like Dallas and Sacremento would use their late 1st round picks on those types of guys.
RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/30/2003  10:13 PM
I like the 7-7 guy, Slavko Vranes as well as Villanueva. He could be a Rashard Lewis type surprise. We could also go with Zoran Planinic, the 6-6 point guard, or someone like Chris Thomas(if he declares) who's a true point guard, but a gamble.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
5/1/2003  10:09 AM
The Knicks need to stop focusing on the guard situation and start focusing on the PF and C position. We need height, we need youth, we need athleticism here. We dont need another PG.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Swishfm3
5/1/2003  12:38 PM
^^^^Thank you!

The Knicks have three PG UNDER contract and the rights "To the next best thing" overseas...WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL TALKING ABOUT DRAFTING ANOTHER PG??

Forget the front court! The Knicks need help at the 3,4,5. McDYess is gone...forget him. If we can't trade KT, move him back to the 4 and concentrate on drafting a 5 & 3. that's where the Knicks are weak and thats where we should be looking for help...

And PLEASE don't mention Kaman aka Eric Montross II
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/1/2003  7:06 PM
"Forget the front court! The Knicks need help at the 3,4,5. McDYess is gone...forget him."-I agree, let's just draft the best player available and see how they develop, the Knicks don't have nearly enough talent to make this a pick where they can draft someone just to fill one of their holes. There are holes at every position, so just get hte best guy.

"And PLEASE don't mention Kaman aka Eric Montross II"-Haha, why is it that every single white guy coming out of college is compared to another white guy, regardless of the type of player he is.
#Knickstaps
Swishfm3
5/1/2003  9:00 PM
I agree with BigSm00th....Prolly just drafting the best player available is the way to go....if it doesn't work out, we still have trade bait...

I just hate Kaman.....even more now that people think he will go Lotto....

Wade and TJ Ford just declared......
2nd rounders?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy