[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lets revisit Rasheed Wallace
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/28/2003  4:29 PM
Those of you in favor getting Wallace to the Knicks say I. Some of you guy may say nay to him, but the fact is he just might be a KNick by end of this summer. With the Knicks in need of a post presence I can't think of a better player that is available than Wallace. From what I know he might of worn out his welcome in Portland and looking for a change of senery. If i am the Knicks I would go calling for his services because if there ever was a guy who is in need of change he is it.

I propose a trade of Spree and KT and the number 9 or 10 pick for Wallace and Anderson. This deal has potential I would rather have Bonzi in the mix with Wallace but I might be pushing it. Lets face it Portland wants change and its not going to get better for them unless they make the changes. With emergence of Zack Randolph they just might be looking to unload the problem child that is Rasheed. I can't think of a better team the Knicks can deal with and get legitimate players in return then the Blazers. Kt can go back to his reserve roll and Spree can start for them at the SG. What I like about Wallace and believe me there really isn't to much to like about the guy after his basketball skills is that He is a versatile player that can play all the position of the front line. If Dice comes back and that a big if then the Knicks have Wallace to replace him at the PF position or start at the sf position the mismatches he would create would really benefit the Knicks. Anderson I like as a player and to me he would provide the same kind of energy that Spree brings.

NYK is the perfect place for Wallace with the great city to play for which offers numerous mental health institutions. Wallace I say as a NYK fan come over. Your more than welcome here.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/28/2003  7:36 PM
I'm totally with you. Wallace has played well in the playoffs and I think he definitely needs a new team. The lotto pick will be traded anyway, why not get this guy. If he doesn't pan out, just don't re-sign him when his contract expires. A lineup of Eisley, Houston, Anderson, McDyess, Wallace is absolutely nasty in the East, and you said it, with Randolph playing lights out and Portland needing to clean up their act, I could definitely see this happening.
#Knickstaps
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/29/2003  9:29 AM
The Portland Trailblazers will NEVEr ttrade for Sprewell. First off they have they just came out and said they were going to reshape the character of the team--and Sprewell whether you like it or not-is considered a poor character guy around the league--like in the lower portion. On top of that they have Wells and Andersen at the to Patterson Wallace and Woods at three since they moved Rasheed over.
On top of that do you see Layden getting involved with Wallace? NOOOOOOOOO. The only guy that I would be interested from that team is Zach Randolph and I would bet that he is close to untouchable
RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
USA
4/29/2003  9:49 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

The Portland Trailblazers will NEVEr ttrade for Sprewell. First off they have they just came out and said they were going to reshape the character of the team--and Sprewell whether you like it or not-is considered a poor character guy around the league--like in the lower portion. On top of that they have Wells and Andersen at the to Patterson Wallace and Woods at three since they moved Rasheed over.
On top of that do you see Layden getting involved with Wallace? NOOOOOOOOO. The only guy that I would be interested from that team is Zach Randolph and I would bet that he is close to untouchable

My theory behind Wallace and Spree is who is gonna give them a good quiet player in return for these guys they are going to have to deal nut job for nut job that is the only way they are going to clean house. One thing Spree brings is a professional attitude on the floor something that cannot be said for Wallace. May be a change of senery is the thing Wallace needs. Who knows if a deal can't be made I think one thing that has to be done is a proposal of the trade first if it on the table I think Portland would think hard about it and thats all you can ask a team to do at this stage. From their leave the ball in their court to think about it and give them a number to reach you at.

This deal is very fair and it can happen. As far as Layden is concerned he will do the trade why because they want playoffs next year and his job is on the line. He is gonna have to make moves that aren't in his best interest but he will have to do them for player out of his character range just to save his job.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/29/2003  10:27 AM
I would love to see Sheed in an NY uniform. He will bring some attitude back to the apple. He is also an all star calibur player. Him, mixed with potential return of Dice, Houston, Anderson?, and Eisley (would prefer Vujonic and he is in the future anyway), would go a long way towards fixing the skill level of this team. But Layden would need a miracle to pry Sheed from the Blazers, they can get so much more for him then Spree and KT.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Vmart
USA
4/29/2003  11:00 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

I would love to see Sheed in an NY uniform. He will bring some attitude back to the apple. He is also an all star calibur player. Him, mixed with potential return of Dice, Houston, Anderson?, and Eisley (would prefer Vujonic and he is in the future anyway), would go a long way towards fixing the skill level of this team. But Layden would need a miracle to pry Sheed from the Blazers, they can get so much more for him then Spree and KT.

At this stage for the Blazers more doesn't necessarily translate to being good. I think its very fair The Spree, KT, 9th pick and if they want throw in NYK second round pick for Anderson and Wallace.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/29/2003  12:31 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by OasisBU:

At this stage for the Blazers more doesn't necessarily translate to being good. I think its very fair The Spree, KT, 9th pick and if they want throw in NYK second round pick for Anderson and Wallace.

I see you will do whatever it takes to get Sheed into an NY uniform And I wish Layden would think like that too - but isnt he a boyscout lover? I think he would be too scared to trade for him. I would pull the trigger on that deal in a second though, even if we had to give up all of our picks.

[Edited by - Oasisbu on 04/29/2003 12:32:52]
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/29/2003  6:52 PM
How about if the Knicks don't win one of the top 3, they trade Spree, Harrington, and the pick for Qyntel Woods and Rasheed.

Why Portland does it
-Portland rarely develops young talent (they traded Jermaine O'Neal)
-Pippen is leaving so Spree would actually be needed
-Anderson and Wells are above Woods on the depth chart so they could afford to give him up
-They get a lotto pick
-Zach Randolph has emerged finally and will start at PF next year.

Why the Knicks do it
-Spree cleary showed signs of eroding this year
-They get a promising young SF who should've been a lotto pick last year, but rumors about him began to swirl
-The Knicks are going to trade the pick if its not top 3, let's face it. I think this is the best deal they get.
-Rasheed needs a change of scenery badly, as earlier mentioned.

Portland's Roster
PG-Stoudamire, McInnis, Daniels
SG/SF-Wells, Anderson, Sprewell
PF-Randolph, Sweetney/Varejao/other lottery selections
C-Sabonis, Davis

NYK Roster
PG-Eisley, Ward
SG-Houston, Anderson
SF-Anderson, Woods (ultimately playing himself to a starter's role)
PF/C-1Leg, Thomas, Wallace

That Knicks team is lethal in the East. The big men can run, Thomas and Wallace can draw their defenders away from the basket allowing McDyess to post up, Woods could develop into something better then any late lotto pick in this year's draft.

What do you think?
#Knickstaps
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/29/2003  8:21 PM
They will never do it. Whether you want to admit it or not, Sprewell's character is on the bottom of the pile. I know he doesnt get technicals and we know he is not as bad as he appears at times,but the owner of the team said they wouldnt be involved with ANYONE with character issues in the near future and would weed out those on their team. Sprewell seems to have an issue every year and remember he ws kicked out for a year because he choked the coach.just imagine the PR in Portland if they traded for him and and a picture of sprewell choking Allen as a joke.It wont happen.You can trade Sprewell--but not to Portland. I think there is a small market for his sevices.

We need to keep the pick
RIP Crushalot😞
GucciKnick8
Member: #17
USA
4/30/2003  3:21 PM
Posted by Vmart:

Those of you in favor getting Wallace to the Knicks say I. Some of you guy may say nay to him, but the fact is he just might be a KNick by end of this summer. With the Knicks in need of a post presence I can't think of a better player that is available than Wallace. From what I know he might of worn out his welcome in Portland and looking for a change of senery. If i am the Knicks I would go calling for his services because if there ever was a guy who is in need of change he is it.

I propose a trade of Spree and KT and the number 9 or 10 pick for Wallace and Anderson. This deal has potential I would rather have Bonzi in the mix with Wallace but I might be pushing it. Lets face it Portland wants change and its not going to get better for them unless they make the changes. With emergence of Zack Randolph they just might be looking to unload the problem child that is Rasheed. I can't think of a better team the Knicks can deal with and get legitimate players in return then the Blazers. Kt can go back to his reserve roll and Spree can start for them at the SG. What I like about Wallace and believe me there really isn't to much to like about the guy after his basketball skills is that He is a versatile player that can play all the position of the front line. If Dice comes back and that a big if then the Knicks have Wallace to replace him at the PF position or start at the sf position the mismatches he would create would really benefit the Knicks. Anderson I like as a player and to me he would provide the same kind of energy that Spree brings.

NYK is the perfect place for Wallace with the great city to play for which offers numerous mental health institutions. Wallace I say as a NYK fan come over. Your more than welcome here.

Why trade Spree, thomas and 9 pick for Wallace? Have you lost your damn mind? Often injured Anderson is a bum (who plays the same postion as Houston). Every year in the playoffs he has a series ending injury. Not to mention the injuries he sustains during the season. Now add his contract to the mix, and you've got a real mess.

Now I wouldn't mind trading Ward and Houston for Wallace. That's a much better deal for us and drastically improves the Blazer's image! It also helps the Knicks salary cap situation!
"You never know here in New York, stuff can happen on any given day," - - -Marcus Camby23
Vmart
USA
4/30/2003  3:57 PM
Posted by GucciKnick8:
Posted by Vmart:

Why trade Spree, thomas and 9 pick for Wallace? Have you lost your damn mind? Often injured Anderson is a bum (who plays the same postion as Houston). Every year in the playoffs he has a series ending injury. Not to mention the injuries he sustains during the season. Now add his contract to the mix, and you've got a real mess.

Now I wouldn't mind trading Ward and Houston for Wallace. That's a much better deal for us and drastically improves the Blazer's image! It also helps the Knicks salary cap situation!

Yeah I would this deal in a heartbeat and here is why. I'm not getting to carried away with Spree and KT, the 9 pick is going to be traded anyways unless the Knicks pull it off in the lottery and make the top 3. Rasheed even though he is a head case he is a better player than KT he has a better all around game and he has what NYK is missing height with skills. Anderson is a throw in for me, If I could do Spree and KT and the number 9 straight for Wallace I would do it. Sound as crazy as Wallace right, but there is logic behind it, Spree we have been seeing a deterioration in his game his shooting around 40% for the year and he is becoming slower as the years go by. KT in my opinion is the most overated player on the knicks he is a bone head too just as Rasheed is. My theory in bringing in Rasheed is that the Knicks need a post presence and Wallace brings that. If Dice does make it back Rasheed can play center and sf for the Knicks if Dice doesn't make it back Rasheed can play the pf also. He is versatile. One thing NYK fans need to stop harping on is Spree. He will be gone and KT will be gone. Don't get into that after all even Ewing and Starks were shown the door and we as fans may have regreted the Ewing move we moved on. Same will happen if the Knicks pull the trigger on Wallace. We will see only his production and that will win us over in time. If you continue to put attachment to clown like Spree who by the way let the team down by not reporting his injury sooner I can't root for a guy that doesn't take his work seriously. Unfortunately Wallace some time takes it to seriously. Its a good move a smart move LIke him or not Wallace is a good ball player.
GucciKnick8
Member: #17
USA
4/30/2003  5:53 PM
Vmart, with a deal like that you should change you're name to Kmart. Because you've just given the Blazers a Blue light special, while rapping your own damn team.

You're out of your mind if you do that deal. That's way too much for Wallace (Spree, Kurt and a #9 lotto pick). Only a dumb ass layden fan would do a deal like that.

I don't need you to spell out what Sheed can do, but I do need you to spell out how you would give up all that for him. Anderson is a bum.

Besides, you don't build a team around a often injured SG (insert anderson) and an old ass over paid sg (insert allen houston). This deal does nothing for us. At LEAST propose a deal that saves us some Salary Cap or makes us better.

sorry, but that's a weak ass trade.
"You never know here in New York, stuff can happen on any given day," - - -Marcus Camby23
Vmart
USA
5/1/2003  9:57 AM
Posted by GucciKnick8:

Vmart, with a deal like that you should change you're name to Kmart. Because you've just given the Blazers a Blue light special, while rapping your own damn team.

You're out of your mind if you do that deal. That's way too much for Wallace (Spree, Kurt and a #9 lotto pick). Only a dumb ass layden fan would do a deal like that.

I don't need you to spell out what Sheed can do, but I do need you to spell out how you would give up all that for him. Anderson is a bum.

Besides, you don't build a team around a often injured SG (insert anderson) and an old ass over paid sg (insert allen houston). This deal does nothing for us. At LEAST propose a deal that saves us some Salary Cap or makes us better.

sorry, but that's a weak ass trade.

Your over pricing the Knicks players, its simple as that Your like a tech company over pricing your stock value. Have you noticed that no one wants Spree and they couldn't give KT away the Lotto pick in the deal is the only thing of value on the Knicks. Stop being a super fan and think for a second Wallace is 6'11'' with skills do the Knicks have anyone who is 6'11'' with skills the last time they had someone that tall and that good was Pat Ewing. I guarantee if Wallace comes on the Knicks you will get over Spree and KT even the Lotto pick which I think will amount to zero if the Knicks pick anyways. Its better for the draftee to go to a team that will work with him, Knicks don't work with picks unless they are no brainers. I'm not out of my mind, you deal injured goods for injured goods, you deal nut cases for nut cases its as simple as that.

As for Anderson for me he is a throw in. I like his game when heathy he is good player to have on the bench has energy very similar to Spree and most importantly younger.
Lets revisit Rasheed Wallace

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy