[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

the pistons must be loving the fact that they are getting the griz's lotto pick
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
4/27/2003  8:39 PM
the pistons must be loving the fact that they are getting the griz's lotto pick, so they can draft a scorer - i.e. carmelo or darko
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/28/2003  10:06 AM
I think the Pistons are one of the most boring teams to watch, they could use the help.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/28/2003  12:41 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

I think the Pistons are one of the most boring teams to watch, they could use the help.

Thats why the NYK is out of the picture now. They were boring to watch all defense and no offense make a team dull. Its a bad style of play and rating is big with the NBA so Pistons won't be advancing with their boring play.
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
4/28/2003  12:46 PM
And if you're all defense, AND can't stop the other team from scoring, then you're not really that good of a defensive team anyway...Knicks of the 90's were called boring, but we actually got the stops we wanted most times...and had a winning record because of it...

Of course there's game 7 in '94...Where the hoop apparently shrunk unexpectedly...

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
Vmart
USA
4/28/2003  1:14 PM
Posted by knixphan:

And if you're all defense, AND can't stop the other team from scoring, then you're not really that good of a defensive team anyway...Knicks of the 90's were called boring, but we actually got the stops we wanted most times...and had a winning record because of it...

Of course there's game 7 in '94...Where the hoop apparently shrunk unexpectedly...

I think defense is a way for a team that isn't that talented to stay in the game. It covers a lot of the flaws of a team. If you recall the Knicks were defense oriented but they had periods where scoring seemed impossible. I prefer a team that can score and play defense well doesn't have to be exceptional.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/29/2003  10:33 AM
Personally, I always thought the Magic were a better team. The day the traded Miller for Gooden and Gircek(sp?) was the day they finally got T-mac the help he needs. Gooden has shown in the playoffs he has a bright future in front of him. The guy is grabbing boards over Wallace and blocking shots. Wallace is a PF - the east needs to stop with this PF playing center business and get some real centers again. If wallace was a PF on a team with a legit center and a high calibur shooting guard then there would be an interesting Defensive team that can score. I dont know how you guys feel about Rip Hamilton, but I am not a fan.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Vmart
USA
4/29/2003  11:32 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

Personally, I always thought the Magic were a better team. The day the traded Miller for Gooden and Gircek(sp?) was the day they finally got T-mac the help he needs. Gooden has shown in the playoffs he has a bright future in front of him. The guy is grabbing boards over Wallace and blocking shots. Wallace is a PF - the east needs to stop with this PF playing center business and get some real centers again. If wallace was a PF on a team with a legit center and a high calibur shooting guard then there would be an interesting Defensive team that can score. I dont know how you guys feel about Rip Hamilton, but I am not a fan.

I agree with you on the Magic they are not an 8 seed not after they made the trade. At best I think they are a 4 or 5 with Gooden and Giricek. I also think that Pistons aren't the best team in the east they are the hardest working regular season team in the east. They are the least talented in the east though. In the playoffs teams turn it up a notch and thats enough to over take the Pistons. The Pistons pretty much are using all their horsepower where the other teams weren't and now that the other teams are since its playoffs they have enough to pass on by the Pistons.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/29/2003  3:57 PM
In the playoffs there is a formula for success: have a guy that can take over games. The Magic have McGrady, the Pistons have nobody. That's why I think the Nets will lose first round (I'll take Payton/Cassel/Redd/Kukoc over Kidd any day of the week in the final 2 minutes). Clutch scorers get you in the playoffs, and the Pistons don't have one. If they are able to land Carmelo in this year's lotto they should be a dangerous team in a few years.
#Knickstaps
Vmart
USA
4/29/2003  4:10 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

In the playoffs there is a formula for success: have a guy that can take over games. The Magic have McGrady, the Pistons have nobody. That's why I think the Nets will lose first round (I'll take Payton/Cassel/Redd/Kukoc over Kidd any day of the week in the final 2 minutes). Clutch scorers get you in the playoffs, and the Pistons don't have one. If they are able to land Carmelo in this year's lotto they should be a dangerous team in a few years.

I'm with you on that theory. But you have to remember that there is only one ball if its in Kidds hand he has just as much chance of making things happen as Payton, Cassell and Kukoc. I think the Nets will win this game tonight and the series. I like the theory that you have about a superstar player contolling the game though.

What a sight it would be to have the garden buzzing again with a superstar. They never gave Pat Ewing that superstar that commanded respect who could take the ball on an inbound and take it to the hoop at his will drawing fouls even if an opponent looked at him wrong.

I wanted this season tanked in the worst way as soon as Dice went down I had visions of no look passes and high flying athlete going up and slamming one down. You know who I'm talking about LBJ that guy is gonna win championships in his lifetime for sure. Now were stuck and talking about nets and bucks on a NYK board. Someone please tell me that there is light at the end of the MSG tunnel.
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/29/2003  4:42 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by BigSm00th:

I'm with you on that theory. But you have to remember that there is only one ball if its in Kidds hand he has just as much chance of making things happen as Payton, Cassell and Kukoc. I think the Nets will win this game tonight and the series. I like the theory that you have about a superstar player contolling the game though.

What a sight it would be to have the garden buzzing again with a superstar. They never gave Pat Ewing that superstar that commanded respect who could take the ball on an inbound and take it to the hoop at his will drawing fouls even if an opponent looked at him wrong.

I wanted this season tanked in the worst way as soon as Dice went down I had visions of no look passes and high flying athlete going up and slamming one down. You know who I'm talking about LBJ that guy is gonna win championships in his lifetime for sure. Now were stuck and talking about nets and bucks on a NYK board. Someone please tell me that there is light at the end of the MSG tunnel.
LBJ won't win championships for at least 7 years. that's my call. it took jordan a while. and as long as T-mac and Kobe are around, they'll be better than LBJ will be. that's my call
Vmart
USA
4/29/2003  4:59 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by BigSm00th:

LBJ won't win championships for at least 7 years. that's my call. it took jordan a while. and as long as T-mac and Kobe are around, they'll be better than LBJ will be. that's my call

Sometimes the build up to a championship is just as good. Knowing that you got the player that every team wants yeah thats all worth it. Getting LBJ is the step in a positive direction anyway you look at it. 7 years you say I'll take that what has it been now 31 years and no rings. Thats better than heading towards being the Boston Red sox of basketball.
the pistons must be loving the fact that they are getting the griz's lotto pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy