[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Give the T-Wolves the title now ....
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/25/2003  9:17 AM
They just beat the Lakers and the refs. You guys stay up for that one man I can't believe what the refs were doing. They were at it again I know NBA loves the Lakers and their market but damn that was just as blatant as the Kings game from last year. They were calling fouls when there were no fouls the T-Wolve players weren't even touching them. They fouled out their superstar on a touch foul.

I never was a fan of KG I knew he was good but now I am a true fan of KG. The man is pure energy. MVP!
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/25/2003  10:55 AM
I did catch some of the game before passing out - I cant believe how late it started. But I am extatic about the over 40 games in 40 nights deal with ESPN and TNT. Playoff basketball is amazing.

Now to the Lakers T-Wolves matchup, I agree with you. The refs are blatently trying to will the Lakers to title #4. That or they want another matchup with the Kings because they know how big the ratings will be. But this Lakers team is not as good as it used to be. I dont see the Wolves beating them but I do like KG a lot. He is amazing, his will to win, his positive thoughts, he is a true superstar and deserves the MVP.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
4/25/2003  12:16 PM
I would love to see t-wolves win this year, it'd be the NBA cinderella story.
Fordy74
Member: #51
USA
4/25/2003  6:49 PM
The foul committed by Wally Szcerbiak on Pargo on that fast break was my favorite. Good comedy!
Im glad the Wolves won, You have to root for someone outnumbered 8-5.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/25/2003  7:03 PM
After the game, I thought it was also interesting how Barkley tried to emphasize the refs' partiallity to the Lakers and he was quickly brushed off by Ernie Johnson. They Networks don't like to emphasize the convenient flaws in officiating in playoff games that have a big time Team playing in them. I am so sick of these officials and how partial they are to the big name teams. It's like they used to be back in the day when Jordan and the Bulls would get most of the calls down the stretch in the close games. I'm sure some of you will get your panties in a bunch and dispute what I say.. but those of you out there who have been watching the NBA objectively for at least 7 years know what I'm talking about... They need to come up with some kind of system to curtail this kind of nonesense... Something like the NFL... Only the best officials move on to the later rounds.. and the idiots with subjective calls get a nice thank you and goodbye till next season... just my opinion anyway...
Vmart
USA
4/26/2003  11:40 AM
Posted by nyvector16:

After the game, I thought it was also interesting how Barkley tried to emphasize the refs' partiallity to the Lakers and he was quickly brushed off by Ernie Johnson. They Networks don't like to emphasize the convenient flaws in officiating in playoff games that have a big time Team playing in them. I am so sick of these officials and how partial they are to the big name teams. It's like they used to be back in the day when Jordan and the Bulls would get most of the calls down the stretch in the close games. I'm sure some of you will get your panties in a bunch and dispute what I say.. but those of you out there who have been watching the NBA objectively for at least 7 years know what I'm talking about... They need to come up with some kind of system to curtail this kind of nonesense... Something like the NFL... Only the best officials move on to the later rounds.. and the idiots with subjective calls get a nice thank you and goodbye till next season... just my opinion anyway...

NBA is rigged my man thats the way it is. When the playoffs start its about getting the large market teams as far as they can go. Superstar appeal is big too. Kobe & Shaq = Ratings why do you think EJ brushed CB off. They are a part of the game. The more you think about the 2000 finals NYK and Sours the more I think that was a setup too. I loved the 4 point play and all but lets get real There was no way TV revs were going to be up had the Spurs and Indiana showed in the finals.
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
4/26/2003  12:11 PM
Posted by Vmart:

NBA is rigged my man thats the way it is. When the playoffs start its about getting the large market teams as far as they can go. Superstar appeal is big too. Kobe & Shaq = Ratings why do you think EJ brushed CB off. They are a part of the game. The more you think about the 2000 finals NYK and Sours the more I think that was a setup too. I loved the 4 point play and all but lets get real There was no way TV revs were going to be up had the Spurs and Indiana showed in the finals.

I'm not 100% sure, but the 99 finals with the Knicks-Spurs had one of the lowest TV ratings ever.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
4/26/2003  1:15 PM
As did the subway series.

Americans generally don't get NYC. Being from the midwest, a lot of people back home were freaked out that I not only moved to NYC back in the 80's, but love it here and don't plan on ever leaving. I'm not surprised that NY teams often get lower TV ratings nationwide, even though we are the number one TV market. Of course, post-9/11 America has a new love for the city, but not for the Knicks or the Mets.

While there is definitely a favoritism among refs, I don't see it as team-based as much as superstar-based. MJ was always a more likable star than, say, Ewing, who wasn't very friendly or outgoing. Stockton and Malone (family-friendly, safe to like) made it to the finals twice, and Utah's one of the smallest markets there is (Sac is the smallest, I believe, and they've done well).

Refs take things personally, and hold grudges. Refs will favor Shaq and Kobe over guys like KG or Wally, but the refs would favor KG and Wally over anyone on the Blazers or guys like KMart or Artest. And usually bad calls go both ways, MJ being an exception.

It's gotten so bad, though, even Stern said something about it after that Wally touchless foul. It really isn't a factor until it's a close game, and the playoffs are full of close games. Hopefully, Stern and Granik will reign in these refs.
jazz74
Member: #371
4/26/2003  10:07 PM
correction, it was a strike year in 99. they did have decent ratings for such a year where tv ratings were down across the board. as a matter of fact, i think the eastern conference round had better ratings than the finals. but i have been saying this for years. the nba is an entertainment business first before a sport. some of those calls were ridiculous while the lakers were practically bulldozing over t- wolf players. then that ridiculous foul on kg really put things in percpective. it reminded me of the game 6 game of the western conference finals last year and game seven in the 2000 western conference both involving the lakers. but i have to say i was impressed that they did not let it affect their goal which was to win. troy hudson played like an all- star. point blank. kg can not complain. he has a team that is stepping up. from hudson to nestorivic. this team is hungry. but i do not know if they have the talent to win.
Vmart
USA
4/28/2003  12:32 PM
Posted by jazz74:

correction, it was a strike year in 99. they did have decent ratings for such a year where tv ratings were down across the board. as a matter of fact, i think the eastern conference round had better ratings than the finals. but i have been saying this for years. the nba is an entertainment business first before a sport. some of those calls were ridiculous while the lakers were practically bulldozing over t- wolf players. then that ridiculous foul on kg really put things in percpective. it reminded me of the game 6 game of the western conference finals last year and game seven in the 2000 western conference both involving the lakers. but i have to say i was impressed that they did not let it affect their goal which was to win. troy hudson played like an all- star. point blank. kg can not complain. he has a team that is stepping up. from hudson to nestorivic. this team is hungry. but i do not know if they have the talent to win.

I'm starting to think the NBA is right up there with Wrestling. Is it fair to say that NBA is SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT. The refs control the out come of games to the team that has already been favored to win. That ius why there are few upsets in the nba.
GucciKnick8
Member: #17
USA
4/28/2003  5:27 PM
Give the T-Wolves the title? You've got to be kidding me.. . lMao.

That's the funniest **** I've ever heard.
"You never know here in New York, stuff can happen on any given day," - - -Marcus Camby23
Vmart
USA
4/28/2003  6:31 PM
Posted by GucciKnick8:

Give the T-Wolves the title? You've got to be kidding me.. . lMao.

That's the funniest **** I've ever heard.

Thats not funny if you think about it. They beat the Lakers when the ref were doing their hardest to give the Lakers the game. You have to be thinking that if they are up against 5 Lakers and then three refs thats 8 on 5 man they just did what the Kings couldn't do last year. We know the T-Wolves don't have a chance in hell to beat the Lakers not with the superstar help that they get. They won't beat the Lakers and the Lakers in my opinion won't beat them but the NBA will beat the T-Wolves for the Lakers. This NBA playoffs you are talking about where ratings is king that comes into play more than the players itself. I'm not saying give the T-Wolves the title but they might as well do it because they are trying to rip them off of their chance at a title. I don't know about you but the game I watch the T-Wolves were being hosed.
Give the T-Wolves the title now ....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy