[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Do we draft or do we trade?

Author Poll
fmoran
Member: #375
Canada
Suppose we don't luck out and win the lottery. What should the Knicks do with their #9/10 draft pick? This draft is getting more interesting by the day with new prospects declaring all the time, and I wanted some feedback. If you want to draft, nominate someone. If you want to trade, please elaborate. For the record, I'm completely sold on Sofoklis. He'll be right in our range, and I see him being the next Amare. There are so many similarities: both are young raw talents, who love to bang down low. He's exactly what we need. And he's only 17.
The Knicks should use their lottery pick to aquire a young talent.
The Knicks should trade their pick along with _________ for ________.
View Results

Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
4/24/2003  7:39 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by fmoran:

- Elite or not (which he really isn't. He's good, but not great), I'd do Thomas, Knight and the 9th pick for Rahim in a second.

- Lang isn't deserving of a loterry pick, simply because he isn't ready for the NBA. You'd be nuts to take him over lottery worthy picks when he'll still be around in the second round. He isn't near as good as Curry was when he came out, and Curry sucked when he came out. On a team that needs a big guy from this draft, the Knicks need someone who can at least play at this level. Lang can't. He's fine as a second round project, but a complete waste at the 9 spot with all the other players available. Draft Lang, and we'll just be subjected to more years of Spoon n' O.

- Briggs, I don't think you can classify Sofoklis in that samne "Euro mold". He has an african mother, and his game screams Shaq, even if his size doesn't. At 6'9, he's already our biggest player, and being only 17, he could stand to grow some. But the most appealing thing is his aggressiveness down low. He wants to slam everything down, and loves competition. It's exactly what Amare has. And it's exactly what the Knicks need now. With his size (270 lbs), he might even get minutes at center. I'm completely sold on him. He's the man right now.

I'll take Lang with the 10th pick. Thank you. This guy is going to be like Shaq one day. With a great training program and a team of NBA trainers he will one day dominate the game. Remember instant gratification is the reason we are in this mess. I can wait two to three year for him to develope. He will be gone by late first round and when he makes an impact we are going to be yelling at Layden for passing on him just like Artest.
you're kidding. lang is not going to be shaq. curry might be close to him (shaq). Lang is not. you seen this guy play? Sad. You seen perkins play? sad too. mid-late first rounders for SURE. these guys won't be around in the second round though... HS'ers will get picked up earlier than that, because no one wants to lose out, and why not take the risk on a HS'er with the 20th pick rather than a euro who might never come over or some college guy who might have "hit his ceiling" - or not as much room to improve?
AUTOADVERT
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
4/24/2003  8:06 PM
Draft Kaman in round 1. Lang in round 2.. either way KEEP THE DAM PICK!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/25/2003  11:03 AM
I have it on good source that Sokolis would be better skill wise in the WWF than the NBA. We need basketball players with skill. We need athletes who can run. We dont need Diop Yinka Dare projects. I have never honestly seen him play one second, but I have it on good source from rivals that he isnt skilled and actually has a good deal of baby fat as well. I dont think we need another foreign draft pick disaster-even if he had the blood of King Kong.

Also,as I said I like Lang. But I don't like him @ pick 9. If the Knicks use their 2 second round draft picks to move up into the 20-25 spots and he is available, that is a reasonable risk reward play there. You do commit to three years which is what he will need, yet the money is small and you make a more conventional pick like Sweetney first.
RIP Crushalot😞
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/25/2003  11:08 AM
The Knicks have to draft, there are no impact players available that they can afford or trade for with this team of mediocre players. Its time to get young. However, I dont see Chaney playing any draft picks - he has a potential stud in Williams and he rode the bench all season. What will make next year any different?
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
4/25/2003  12:11 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

The Knicks have to draft, there are no impact players available that they can afford or trade for with this team of mediocre players. Its time to get young. However, I dont see Chaney playing any draft picks - he has a potential stud in Williams and he rode the bench all season. What will make next year any different?
orders from layden/dolan
Do we draft or do we trade?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy