[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

who cares?
Author Thread
dirtlarge
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #394
USA
4/21/2003  2:56 PM
In all honesty, who really cares about if McDyess is gonna play next year? You think we're gonna be a powerhouse because of an old man with bad knees who doesn't have the spark he once had. I hate this time of year. I live in LA and it's play-offs fever here, and us Knicks fans wait around for the draft hoping we're gonna get a great pick. I remember this time last year all of the ultimate knicks forums said how much Layden love Yao and how we were gonna get him and whatnot. Whatever pick we get, it doesn't matter, we still suck. As for Lebron, he's a bum, mark my words. he won't be decent until he's 24. Darko, we assume to much about him, none of us have seen him play. Carmello?! don't get me started, Syracuse ballers suck in the NBA. You hear me derrick coleman?! anyway, sorry to rant, we suck.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/21/2003  3:11 PM
good insight
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/21/2003  3:37 PM
i think carmelo needs more ncaa
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/21/2003  4:40 PM
How can he need more NCAA? He carried his team as a freshman to the championship and was the #1 rated HSer coming out last year. That's ridiculous, he's definitely gone.
#Knickstaps
dirtlarge
USA
4/21/2003  4:47 PM
wasn't john wallace good as a freshman for syracuse?! for every one iverson who makes the leap to the L from the big east, there are at least 40 john wallaces, who suck and eat up money. "can i have some more gatorade and some towels, john?" - Patrick Ewing
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/21/2003  4:56 PM
Let me clear the air here and give you 2 words, that will forever live in infamy as something nobody will ever understand in sports:

Christian Laettner.

WOW - the kid lit it up in college, then went pro and took it in the rear for his entire career.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
4/22/2003  7:55 PM
Laettner is still reaping the benefits of that one ridiculously lucky shot that in the Tournament. That one shot.. has kept this worthless baller in the NBA this long... I really can't believe it.. the guy sucks... big time...
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
4/22/2003  8:42 PM
"Whatever pick we get, it doesn't matter, we still suck."

So I take it you're a 'glass-half-full' type of guy...

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
dirtlarge
USA
4/22/2003  11:24 PM
we all know we suck, face it. the glass is broken, by the way.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/23/2003  12:11 AM
I don't think Carmelo needs more NCAA. I think he could learn more in the NBA next year. He is dominating the college kids right now because he simply has such a physical advantage. Can't guard him with small guys because he posts them up with much ease. Can't guard him with big guys because he just blows by them. He needs to match up some against guys equal to his athleticism. He will adjust...just like he has done so well throughout the NCAA season. There are some things he could still learn, but I think if he stayed in college, he would continue to rely on his physical advantage.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/23/2003  12:21 AM
Posted by dirtlarge:

the glass is broken, by the way.

LOL
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/23/2003  7:51 AM
Posted by Andrew:

I don't think Carmelo needs more NCAA. I think he could learn more in the NBA next year. He is dominating the college kids right now because he simply has such a physical advantage. Can't guard him with small guys because he posts them up with much ease. Can't guard him with big guys because he just blows by them. He needs to match up some against guys equal to his athleticism. He will adjust...just like he has done so well throughout the NCAA season. There are some things he could still learn, but I think if he stayed in college, he would continue to rely on his physical advantage.
physical advantage? carmelo was winded in the final game. have you seen melo's frame? he can't post up anyone worth their weight. melo has so much he needs to and can improve on. honestly, he's not on Elton Brand's level (i know brand is a PF)... melo is good, but really raw. In the NBA, he's going to get ripped apart. You can't look at Melo's scoring and think or say he's ready. it's not just about points. He needs to learn other things too, that he needs to have before jumping to the next level, and he needs some maturity.

Honestly, Melo isn't even on Caron Butler's level when the were being drafted. Butler was mature, and physically ready. Butler's defense was great. Butler had moves, not just pure skill and physical advantage. When Melo gets to the NBA and is playing SF, I think his "physical advantage" is going to be gone, and he'll be in store for a career filled with injuries unless he can bulk up.
Fordy74
Member: #51
USA
4/23/2003  1:18 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Andrew:

physical advantage? carmelo was winded in the final game. have you seen melo's frame? he can't post up anyone worth their weight. melo has so much he needs to and can improve on. honestly, he's not on Elton Brand's level (i know brand is a PF)... melo is good, but really raw. In the NBA, he's going to get ripped apart. You can't look at Melo's scoring and think or say he's ready. it's not just about points. He needs to learn other things too, that he needs to have before jumping to the next level, and he needs some maturity.

Honestly, Melo isn't even on Caron Butler's level when the were being drafted. Butler was mature, and physically ready. Butler's defense was great. Butler had moves, not just pure skill and physical advantage. When Melo gets to the NBA and is playing SF, I think his "physical advantage" is going to be gone, and he'll be in store for a career filled with injuries unless he can bulk up.

Whats all this talk about him getting ripped apart in the NBA and not ready Physically? He averaged 10 rebounds a game(alot for college ball) as a small forward. I dont see where he is in trouble physically.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/23/2003  2:33 PM
Case...I think we have been watching different SU games. Totally disagree. Caron is listed at 217lbs this past year and is 22 years old. Carmelo is at 220 this year and is 19 years old. He was winded in the finals, but he was also the focal point of Kansas' defense with several players guarding him...sometimes double and triple teamed.

He does have things he must work on, 1 on 1 defense especially, but he is not going to get that playing the zone at Syracuse next year.

My question is what college player is better than Carmello right now? What team or player would challange Carmello to be better than he is right now and force him to improve his game?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/23/2003  3:04 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Andrew:

I think you are confusing winded with being in pain. If you watch the game you will notice taht he was in pain from a back injury he suffered in the previous game. Melo is ready for the pros he will get his stamina playing an 82 game schedule.
who cares?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy