[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade Houston
Author Thread
necrom33
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #234
USA
4/18/2003  8:29 AM
This McDyess issue should put this 'we can still compete' fantasy to sleep. Rebuild this bad boy NOW. Since the right thing to do (losing Dolan, LayDUMB and Non Chaney) is a pipe dream, start by trading Allan Houston.

Or at the very least, field some offers; someone may bowl NY over. His trade value has NEVER been higher. Based on his production the last two seasons, a team that thinks it's a shooter away from serious contention may consider Housless. He would be great on a team with a serious low post presence like San Antone or Minny.

We keep referring to his $100MM contract, but I think 3 years have passed since he signed the extension? It's still steep when you consider he'll be making in excess of $20MM in the final season of it, but it's still not out of the realm of possibility that some "win-it-all-NOW" team would risk signing him.
AUTOADVERT
KARNIVORE
Member: #382
Nigeria
4/18/2003  9:44 AM
NEC33, cut the shyt !!! lol..... H2O will never go !!! lol......
ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT THEY ARE NOT TREATED EQUAL !!!
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/18/2003  11:47 AM
I know 100 million reasons why he cant be traded
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Swishfm3
Member: #392
4/18/2003  1:42 PM
I gotta agree with the dog....Houston is going to be here until his contract runs out...
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/18/2003  4:17 PM
Houston is our shooting guard till he retires.....
Sprewell has a shorter contract and the other guys could be packeged.

Dyess is gone probably longer then they are going to admitt so they gotta rebuild someway or another. MSG has a curse on it.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
necrom33
Member: #234
USA
4/18/2003  9:52 PM
K9, Swish, Eny - I think you guys know how I feel about Housless (or do you need me to explain it again? ), but it's really not about not liking him. I just think that NY is being FORCED to rebuild and LayDUMB should at least see if anybody is interested. Assuming a team can get another 22ppg season from him, he'd be a hell of a weapon for a contender. As it is now, if NY gets some youth, by the time they are ready to contribute, he'll be past his prime, though still effective.

Aside from Dolan & LayDUMB's love for him cuz he's a 'nice guy', trading him would be a step in the right direction IF NY ADMITS TO REBUILDING. If they're still hell-bent on 'winning now', then they shouldn't bother, I guess. But the signing of Chaney (suspiciously a couple of days before they announce Dice's condition, as Ice told me) makes me think they are giving in to the idea that NY is going nowhere for the next 2 or 3 years.

I'd love to give you guys a trade proposal, but y'all know I don't do that. I just criticize yours! LOL
Knicksman780
Member: #355
4/18/2003  10:29 PM
Housless??? He is our best player. He is the type of player every championship team needs. A legit outside threat. If we had a dominating post player (Duncan, Rasheed Wallace, etc.) we would be unstoppable. Who's a better team... The current Knicks right now or...the Lakers without Shaq, The Jazz without Malone, The Spurs without Duncan? The Knicks would be better because they got Houston and Spree, two excellent complementary players. The problem is that they do not have that star post player to free them up. They thought they had that guy with Dice, but that's if he ever recovers. Contract aside, Houston is the best pure shooter in this league. He is a quiet star, one who would never piss and moan about anything. He is also the best community oriented guy we have. We would never get equal trade value for him either, so why should we trade him? We need to get a healthy Dice, a solid center who can swat some shots (Ratliff, Foyle, Brad Miller) and move Kurt Thomas to the bench to limit his fouls. If we should move any high dollar men, it should be Eisley, Weatherspoon or Anderson. Those guys can be replaced. A pure shooter like H20 cannot.
bigboymumu
Member: #251
4/18/2003  11:13 PM
Posted by Knicksman780:

We need to get a healthy Dice, a solid center who can swat some shots (Ratliff, Foyle, Brad Miller) and move Kurt Thomas to the bench to limit his fouls. If we should move any high dollar men, it should be Eisley, Weatherspoon or Anderson. Those guys can be replaced. A pure shooter like H20 cannot.

Cato may be an option for the right price. As for the three players you want to move, they are untradable.
Trade Houston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy