[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

MOURNING
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/17/2003  1:07 PM
Says he's healthy. Well, we are only signed for 1 year with Mcdyess. Maybe the management can catch lightning in a bottle.If Mcdyess knee is fine by the MRI, why not seriously look into Mourning for a one year contract? You add Mourning draft Sweetney. With Kt and Sweetney, we can play the frontcourt 2 quarters each. Mourning 6-11 265
Mcdyess 6-9 245
Andersen 6-6 200
Houston 6-6 200
Eisley 6-2 180
Thomas 6-8 235
Sweetney 6-8 260
Sprewell 6-5 190
Ward 6-2 190
Doleac 6-11 260

If things dont go right, there will be multiple contracts that are done and we move on. But that would be a team--even if the frontcourt guys played 24 mts a night to stay fresh, would be a tough tough team.

Our second round draft pick may now be the first selection of that round since Denver and Clev tied. My believe is we find two new players to take Nailon and postells place. I would like to see us grab Troy bell and James Lang.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/17/2003  1:38 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Says he's healthy. Well, we are only signed for 1 year with Mcdyess. Maybe the management can catch lightning in a bottle.If Mcdyess knee is fine by the MRI, why not seriously look into Mourning for a one year contract? You add Mourning draft Sweetney. With Kt and Sweetney, we can play the frontcourt 2 quarters each. Mourning 6-11 265
Mcdyess 6-9 245
Andersen 6-6 200
Houston 6-6 200
Eisley 6-2 180
Thomas 6-8 235
Sweetney 6-8 260
Sprewell 6-5 190
Ward 6-2 190
Doleac 6-11 260

If things dont go right, there will be multiple contracts that are done and we move on. But that would be a team--even if the frontcourt guys played 24 mts a night to stay fresh, would be a tough tough team.

Our second round draft pick may now be the first selection of that round since Denver and Clev tied. My believe is we find two new players to take Nailon and postells place. I would like to see us grab Troy bell and James Lang.

Aren't you the one who is against any injured player coming to the knicks. Mourning has missed all of this season why not just bring back Camby its the same risk. If I'm the knicks I stay away from Mourning for this reason he can no longer log heavy minutes and he is high risk player who can maybe be productive but you don't know when he will get hurt or go back on the IR. His condition is with the Kidneys and right there its enough info to know to stay away from him. As much as I like Mourning I would take a pass on him for the simple reason he may miss the next season again. It would give false hope to the team just as Dice gave them false hope this year. I don't think the Knicks want to go that route again.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/17/2003  2:41 PM
I am in them middle with signing Mouring. I would think that any team that would want to sign him would do some sort of work out. But really, for the $4.5M exception, why not? Especially if the Knicks are going to do a 1-more-year run for in the East. Having a big man rotation of Thomas, Mourning, and Dice (if healthy) is not too bad.

2 big IFs though: if Mourning is healthy and if Dice is healthy, I say go for it.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/17/2003  2:48 PM
Posted by martin:

I am in them middle with signing Mouring. I would think that any team that would want to sign him would do some sort of work out. But really, for the $4.5M exception, why not? Especially if the Knicks are going to do a 1-more-year run for in the East. Having a big man rotation of Thomas, Mourning, and Dice (if healthy) is not too bad.

2 big IFs though: if Mourning is healthy and if Dice is healthy, I say go for it.

You don't know with these guys if they are healthy or not, Mourning's condition is way more serious than Dice's he has a failing organ it is a vital organ which plays a major role in the replenishment of his body with nutrients There is no way he can make it through the season. You can always find a doctor to ok a player to play Reggie Lewis did it and look what happen to him. Its a waste of money to take him on.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/17/2003  3:53 PM
About a month ago I suggested signing Zo and people went ape **** - I still thing it might be worth the chance. I mean this team isnt getting any worse and if he is healthy and so is Dyess then this team would be lethal. Thats more than I can say for the current roster.

and for the love of god, PLEASE GET VUJONIC HERE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/17/2003  9:56 PM
Doesnt matter anyway Dice needs more surgery. they are going to take bonefrom somewhere else in his body and graft it to the patella.. surgery set for tuesday at the mayo clinic.
RIP Crushalot😞
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
4/18/2003  1:44 PM
this is what I'm talking about......<p>We're talking about f#cking MOURNING!!!!! jeez....
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
4/20/2003  2:59 PM
umm, i'd rather have a healthy juwan howard (i never thought i'd say that) over a mourning who was never 100% since his kidney problem came to light.
MOURNING

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy