[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I am going to be dissapointed
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/10/2003  2:49 PM
I am going to be very disappointed if the Knicks win any of these last games. They better lose them all. If they let the Wizards pick ahead of them it will torment me to no ends.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2003  4:39 PM
agreed about the losing part. Williams should be playing heavy minutes, regarless of the score.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
4/10/2003  4:54 PM
spree, houston, thomas should not play - what if they get injured in these last four games? it'd be for naught.
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
4/10/2003  5:20 PM
Agreed. Bench and rest. Lobby for a center.
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/10/2003  9:43 PM
"Lobby for a center."-NY Post reported today that the Knicks like Kaman.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/11/2003  12:07 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

is kaman really any better than Curtis B who is on the Jazz now?
Vmart
USA
4/11/2003  10:16 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by BigSm00th:

If I have to compare Kaman it would be to MacCulloch. I think that is a fair comparesion. MAybe a little quicker than Mac.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
4/11/2003  11:19 AM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by BigSm00th:

If I have to compare Kaman it would be to MacCulloch. I think that is a fair comparesion. MAybe a little quicker than Mac.

Thats just great, another sub par center - a waste of a draft pick - this team should have had its priorities straight instead of trying to get into the playoffs. the top 3 picks this year will all be good, would all improve this team, and instead they are salivating over a center who can be equated to Todd MacColloch. I smell another draft day trade for some old used up or injured talent.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Swishfm3
Member: #392
4/11/2003  1:01 PM
I read in the post today that Chaney said that he's not "Going to quit in the season"...His team is going to play to win....
Vmart
USA
4/11/2003  5:15 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:

I read in the post today that Chaney said that he's not "Going to quit in the season"...His team is going to play to win....

Right now winning is losing. Losing is winning its real sad when management doesn't know when to stop. They remind me of the Iraqi guy who kept saying the US troops weren't in Baghdad even when everyone heard gun fire in the city. Its ove baby. Game over.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
4/12/2003  11:09 AM
No one in the draft, save maybe the top 3 guys, and that's still a maybe, will be of any help to this team next season, screw this building for the future crap. They should trade the pick. Anyone who thinks a team should throw games should stop watching professional sports and watch that wrestling BS that's infecting our society.

I hope the Knicks win every last game and trade the pick.
BigSm00th
USA
4/12/2003  11:43 AM
"Anyone who thinks a team should throw games should stop watching professional sports and watch that wrestling BS that's infecting our society"-Well said!
#Knickstaps
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/12/2003  12:55 PM
How do you know a draft pick couldnt help the Knicks? No one thought that Amare Stoudemire would even be playing-let alone helping to propell the Suns into the playoffs. Im sorry but Mike Sweetney is better than any Knick outside of Allan Houston. I dont care if he has played one minute of pro hoop. Heck he could be better than Carmelo Anthony-didyou watch Syracuse play Gtown? They play different positions but Sweetney is a tougher guy to defend. Mark my words, people in the NBA will have trouble checking him.I'd rather have a skill player who is 6-8 260 with long arms and a very high % shooter in the middle than a stiff who has played in the NBA.

And by the way-these games are meaningless. The only thing they could possibly effect is lottery seeding. There are teams that do quit-we are playing 1 tonight and quite possibly washington will be playing their young players Monday. Who knows if Indiana's position is solidified by the end of the year? So these games have no meaning, they have no value on next year except lottery seeding. After going through another bad season-I think 95% of Knick fans would like the highest seed possible in the lottery as a constolation prize. I agree with most guys here-we should be playing Williams and Postell 24 mts each. They should split the game time. They are paid like pros, so they can win like pros.

And please stop with the climax reaction to trading a draft pick. Lets see where we fall, what is there, and understand that the Knicks have NOTHING in terms of player pipeline. Most of the guys are 30++ and there is nothing on the bench. Do you want to turn into the Celtics or Pistons of early 90s? Well that is where its heading my man. Im not against trading a draft pick if we get a player that is young. If not Id like to see what we can add. If the Knicks are smart and the draft plays out correctly, we could usethe MLE on a younger guy likeOdom and draft a good player. Im sure if we ended up with Sweetney and Odom and traded Kurt Thomas for Sam Cassell, this wouldbe a much better team. We could also just let wards contract run dry.
RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
USA
4/12/2003  5:04 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:

No one in the draft, save maybe the top 3 guys, and that's still a maybe, will be of any help to this team next season, screw this building for the future crap. They should trade the pick. Anyone who thinks a team should throw games should stop watching professional sports and watch that wrestling BS that's infecting our society.

I hope the Knicks win every last game and trade the pick.

Once again a fan speaks his heart but not his mind. Great I love this crap fans keep dishing out. Don't give me I want the Knicks to win these meaningless games. Its only going to hurt our ability to get a quality pick and its going to hurt the team in reguard to trade value. I think its great that you can be content with these wins unfortunately I can't get my self to enjoy such meaningless victories which are hurting the club. There are only four games remaining in the season I want them to lose them all so atleat the Wizards don't get a better pick and chance to get the prize than NYK. Its like a chess game sometimes you have to scarifice some games to get to the goal.
BigSm00th
USA
4/12/2003  5:20 PM
I think he said he didn't want the team to throw games. I don't either. Obviously we all want a better draft pick.
#Knickstaps
DefAndReb
4/12/2003  5:27 PM
Briggs, I agree with you. I'm just reacting to this idea of players throwing games, as though it were an accepted practice. I'd rather the Knicks be mediocre the rest of my life and play hard to the end than to see them sell their souls to go keep a 9th pick.

Vmart
USA
4/12/2003  5:36 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I think he said he didn't want the team to throw games. I don't either. Obviously we all want a better draft pick.

Unfortunately the NBA doesn't reward team that play hard. Some teams play young players and losing is throwing games. Would it have been wrong for the Knicks to turn over the point to Frank Williams and giving time to Postell trying to develop players so they can play better next year or increase value for potential trades. There is a difference between playing young players and throwing games the Knicks should have been playing young players so they get a better grasp of the NBA game. If they lost games playing Young players it make it ok because they are building the players for the future. I am a believer that sometimes you have to sacrifice some games to get a choice pick in the draft. If the team continues it ways of signing Veterans as replacements they will forever be over the cap.
OasisBU
USA
4/13/2003  12:19 PM
I am with you man, the team should have been planning for the future by giving the young guys at least some playing time during the season. 2-3 games at the end of the season plus occasional "garbage" time does not make a player gain valuable experience.
DefAndReb
4/13/2003  3:16 PM
I don't have a problem with playing the young guys, but whoever is on the floor better play hard. Watching the games on TV is not the same as paying exhorbitant ticket prices to watch millionaires flop.

Understand, it is a criminal act to throw games, which means to lose on purpose, not worth the difference between a 9th and 10th pick. If Layden was worth a damn as a GM, the Knicks would not be in this situation in the first place. This draft is not going to vindicate him.

Playing young guys or playing without enthusiasm is not what "throwing games" means.

The Knicks will not be a championship calibur team until:

- Cablevision/Dolan is gone
- Mills is gone
- Layden is gone

And only then will this team begin its work towards a championship. In the meantime, we can only hope that they play competitive and exciting basketball. Being the best in the East is meaningless when the best wouldn't even have 1st-round homecourt in the West.
OasisBU
USA
4/13/2003  8:08 PM
You bring up an interesting point at the end of your post, yes it is true that being the best in the east wont even mean getting home court in the finals. In fact, this is a widespread problem with all eastern teams. They are building to be the best in the east, not the best in the league. It started a long time ago too, even when the Knicks went in 99 - first of all that was a shortened season and has been glorified beyond what it actually was. Dont get me wrong, I loved it, but its not like the east was THAT strong. And even then, none of them would have put up a good fight against the west - and none have since. Fixing the Knicks goes way beyond becoming the best in the east, getting rid of Dolan, Layden, and Mills - it is going to take drafting some amazing players who can grow. Making some valuable trades, and becoming compeitive with teams like the Lakers, Kings, and San Antonio.
I am going to be dissapointed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy